• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
yeah my hd6770 was fine for all games. as long as the game had a console release it would pretty much max them.

my duel core holds me back with GTA IV to.

edit, well guys thats me heading to get my weed that i ordered a few hours back! Community and being stoned awaits tonight.

leadbelly

Banned
Just a pity there aren't many games that look like Battlefield 3. By many, I mean only Battlefield 3.

Perhaps I would buy a GTX 580 if there was. I'm quite amazed at just how well my GTX 460 plays Skyrim now. When it first came out it wasn't very optimised at all and there were fps dips all over the place. It wasn't a particularly pretty game then either. However now I have the game on max, with high res textures, ini tweaks, and all sorts of graphics mods on, and it runs pretty well. It actually runs better now than it did when it first came out, and it looks considerably better now.

Oh actually, I bought more ram. I was getting long pauses in places after adding the high res textures and graphics mods. It would end up crashing as well after a bit. The problem was it was running out of memory which caused the game to pause and crash. Bought more ram and it now runs without an issue.

Kentpaul

My pocket watch could max skyrim. Hate buying weed there is always lengthy ass delays and drama. I ain't even packing a gat incase shit goes down
Jusy kidding buying weed is pretty safe.

Bought the weed, good stuff I can smell it from my pocket

Suairyu

Banned
If I didn't find 99% of all dealers insufferable twats, I might actually do recreational drugs.

Wish it'd be made legal so I could purchase with confidence from a friendly, well-trained pharmacist.

Kentpaul

If I didn't find 99% of all dealers insufferable twats, I might actually do recreational drugs.

Wish it'd be made legal so I could purchase with confidence from a friendly, well-trained pharmacist.

You can buy some pretty good research chemicals online, Goole benzo fury. Shit feels like MDMA.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm still rocking my 4850 and I can play all games fiiiiine.

It's my Core2Duo that holds me back, mostly. Wish I could play GTAIV above 20fps.

Funnily enough this is my exact issue ATM aswell, I want to upgrade to an i5 build, just replacing the CPU, mobo and memory but I don't have the £300+ to spare.

Kentpaul

its fucking great messy around with pc parts. pretty easy to in regards to everything just clipping in.

Fun fact: when i was younger if i seen someone had thrown a pc out i'd run into the garden and take the pc home and like open it up n shit.

Nevasleep

I've tried weed, but I never inhaled or whatever you're supposed to say.

Ugh! My HDNL delivery is still on the van... They're normally ace in my area, but they have just closed a few depots.

leadbelly

Banned
My pocket watch could max skyrim. Hate buying weed there is always lengthy ass delays and drama. I ain't even packing a gat incase shit goes down
Jusy kidding buying weed is pretty safe.

Bought the weed, good stuff I can smell it from my pocket

I'm talking about Skyrim with high res textures and mods that make the trees more detailed, the grass lusher, the water enhanced, etc, etc. I have ini tweaks that makes the grass and trees draw at a further distance away. A lot less pop up. It's hardly noticeable at all in places.

I'm quite impressed by how it runs now in comparison to how it ran when it first came out.

TCRS

Banned
Just installed the neogaf pro dark theme. Finally a dark neogaf! I hate bright forums, first thing I do is switch to dark themes.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Weed is amazing, my housemates in Newc found a good dealer so we've got a steady supply now, it's bee great having it around again, before it was saved for festivals.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
E7OEP.jpg

Oh brown and green, you've come a long way.

Delta Force 2?

Suairyu

Banned
Whelp, second week of job experience starts today. This ones the 'extended interview' that should land me the eight-week contract with the company. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Feel proper knackered. Might have to take a pro-plus or something.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
You win £5! I played the hell out of this, but never got into Landwarrior.

This was the level in the demo IIRC. I got the demo when I bought Delta Force 1 and played the shit out of it. Plus, the level where you attack the mansion in Delta Force 1 was awesome.

Man, that series fell off big time. I still remember having that "too soon, plus this is a really shit game regardless" vibe about their 9/11-Invasion-of-Afghanistan cash-in game. But... I'll double check my collection tonight but I still think I own every single Delta Force PC game up until Team Sabre.

Did anyone play Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising? I heard good things about it.

Kentpaul

so last week i wake up to a heat wave, and this week i wake up to a fucking SNOW STORM.

Scotland. I love it.

Whelp, second week of job experience starts today. This ones the 'extended interview' that should land me the eight-week contract with the company. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Feel proper knackered. Might have to take a pro-plus or something.

You seem like a good chap you will be fine.

i had the best sleep last night gaf. Fucking bliss. I'm ready to take on today with full force.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm going to do some hardcore breathing in and out today GAF. Shit's cash. Thinking of doing some looking at things too. Life is sweet.

SmokyDave

I'm so fucking bored.

It's the busiest time of the year at work (NHS fee scale changes) and I'm snowed under with work, but all I can think is "fuck me, I'm bored". I'm the kind of bored where you want to break something or light a fire or something.

Bored.

Kentpaul

default theme ftw.

8TL0G.jpg

gonna miss BF3/GAF today when I'm exchanging manhours for cash money.

daviyoung

Banned
Not posting a link, don't want to market their website any more than I have to.

Here's a pretty picture of the pretty lady:

article-2124246-09BDA2C8000005DC-462_634x592.jpg

lol

Oh, and yesterday there was the tale of this beauty:

article-2123886-126F3C2C000005DC-289_306x655.jpg

Love you Daily Mail.

SmokyDave

Not posting a link, don't want to market their website any more than I have to.

Here's a pretty picture of the pretty lady:

Wat. I'm normally the last person to profess high standards on the internet, but that chick really ain't that hot. She's nice, but no head turner.

daviyoung

Banned
Daily Mail has a huge female following, they're not going to let an actually pretty woman write an article about being too pretty. That shows a character flaw, and the female readers are quick to pick up on that. The ugly pretty woman is there to make other women feel better about their humble, sweet personality. Not a vain, deluded, ugly woman who thinks she's pretty. Thank God I'm not like her!

The Daily Mail will print actually pretty women but it will show them to be perfect in every way possible so as to reinforce the stereotype of pretty people being pretty inside and outside. Pretty people in the Daily Mail are usually shown doing some kind of charity stuff, like climbing a mountain for their terminally ill grandpa. Or just being generally super-talented at something other than being pretty.

The psychology employed by the paper is totally transparent, more so than Murdoch's empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom