• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Cerium

ZweMJoV.png

BGxi0jK.png

HGAU2pF.png

vHNZut7.png

jtsA9ms.png

dzWI867.png

K8r8la9.png

NYvPiFP.png

Yeah building patterns might be overwhelming for newcomers.

Here's a guide for all possible shapes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMsmrcRoq7g
TheRussianBadger on YouTube posted a really good video for tips on how to play. I'd post it but I'm on mobile. Helped me out a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELfc6Ckco5U

Since I can't run PUBG on my cheapo laptop, I'll be trying this out instead! Should be an okay approximation of the feeling people get from playing Battlegrounds.

Oh cool; I didn't know this was getting an OT. I have my copy downloaded and I look forward to playing it tomorrow. Been interested in PUBG but as I only have a PS4 this is the next best thing.

bombshell

Excited to try this.

Oh cool; I didn't know this was getting an OT. I have my copy downloaded and I look forward to playing it tomorrow. Been interested in PUBG but as I only have a PS4 this is the next best thing.

I see a free Fortnite download in the PSN store. Can I use that as a sort of preload for Battle Royale, so that if I download that now I am ready to play tomorrow when it goes live?

It wasn't until like 20 minutes ago lol.
This OT should be in the speedrunning community thread.

I've been enjoying the game so far. The gunplay feels a bit off, but that's getting fixed (or may already be fixed- I've not played since Monday!), but other than some minor problems, like not being able to mark your map etc., there's no major problems with it.

So, does the PC version have controller support? When does the server actually live?

Also, does the game even have a website? A quick google search showed some articles and a link to their forums.

N30RYU

Fortnite Battle Royale |OT| PlayerKnown's CartoonTowns

Would be cool if the OP stated if the game is crossplay PC-PS4.

And if it's a new mode in the actual game or a standalone download.

Im actually looking forward to this a lot.
Been wanting to play stuff like this and Prop Hunt since back when I following certain streamers(SeaNanners, etc) but didn't want to get into PC gaming.

thankfully Call of Duty added Prop Hunt as a permanent mode on consoles but there was no Battle Royale type game on consoles yet.

derFeef

I do love the style of this. The serious/sim tone is something I grew out of so I will give this a shot for sure. The shooting in the vid linked looks not really fun tho, so good reading they will improve that.

Since I can't run PUBG on my cheapo laptop, I'll be trying this out instead! Should be an okay approximation of the feeling people get from playing Battlegrounds.
This for me too.

Honestly I'd try PUBG over this if it had come to consoles just because it was first, but this looks cool and is F2P so I'm certainly going to check it out if impressions are good.

Already played a few hours and can't wait for the update tomorrow.

The ๖ۜBronx;249936798 said:
People that have played it - got any tips for people looking to jump in tomorrow?

Shotgun > Auto-Shotgun :p

Ted

I'm curious to try it before I finally get a chance to play PUBG when my PC build is finished.

Can anyone playing the main game answer a few of questions that I guess don't just apply to me:

- I am in the process of moving from PS4 to PC but won't have my PC built for a few more weeks. A web search seems to indicate progress is cross-platform but can anyone confirm this is the case and any progress made while playing on PS4 will carry over if/when I pick it up on PC?

- I believe the main game has has native keyboard and mouse support even on PS4, is this also the case for this battle royale mode?

- Have the performance issues on PS4 that were reported widely at launch been ironed out (original PS4, not the revised PS4 Pro model)?

d9b

Banned
I'll give it a try. That other developer brought my attention to this game, so really looking forward to it now.

Redshirt

Banned
So you unlock a character card, but you cannot make your own unique character and choose skin color, hairstyle and such?

In BR mode, your character model is randomly chosen at the start of a match.

In PvE, gender, skin color and other characteristics are bound to the class/hero card.

Top Bottom