• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Indivisible is a Fixed Funding campaign. Meaning they do not keep your money unless they hit their $1.5 million goal. You are charged by IndieGoGo when you pledge, but if the campaign is unsuccessful, your money is refunded to you.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games#/

Campaign Video

zyl6nxxwoparidhdhrx0.png

Steam
Windows Download
Mac Download
Linux Download
NA PS4
EU PS4

Lab Zero is proud to announce that we’re partnering with 505 Games to develop a new action/RPG, currently titled Indivisible.

Indivisible is inspired by classics like Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid, but with the unique character, world, and gameplay depth Lab Zero is known for.

Indivisible will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam Windows / Mac / Linux. The final product will support the English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Russian languages.

Indivisible is a side-scrolling RPG in the vein of Valkyrie Profile, spanning a huge fantasy world inspired by our own world’s various cultures and mythologies.

Players will navigate beautiful environments using a variety of different traversal abilities, and engage monsters in fast-paced combat.

Soundtrack:
For Indivisible, Lab Zero has once again partnered with a legendary Japanese game music composer: Hiroki Kikuta.

If you don’t recognize the name, Kikuta-san is responsible for the amazing soundtracks to Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2), Soukaigi, and Koudelka, among others.

Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKcx0oWbdbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAOihikWqA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvkYP-ejCs

Budget:
The total budget for Indivisible is $3,500,000.

If we raise our goal of $1,500,000 or more, 505 Games will provide the remaining $2,000,000 we need to complete the game. So, effectively, up to the initial goal your contribution is worth more than double.

And the more we raise beyond the initial goal, the better the game gets and the better the publishing arrangement with 505 gets for Lab Zero.

To be clear, this is not a campaign to “gauge interest” – Indivisible’s budget represents a more equitable funding split, where your support directly influences not only the game, but also the post-release benefits Lab Zero receives.

Indivisible will not happen if we don’t hit our goal. But should the campaign succeed, Lab Zero will have a better outcome than we would’ve gotten through a more traditional publishing deal – that’s the risk we took, and we feel it’s a worthwhile tradeoff.

Additionally, this represents the complete budget for our entire vision of Indivisible. If we are lucky enough to be in that situation, we will not be adding additional gameplay content to the core game as stretch goals As such, all additional content funded through stretch goals will be released in post-release updates.

Rewards:
lg1bmfenxre3ycgclwph.jpg

Great to see Lab Zero finally working on something new. Skullgirls is fantastic but it's time. Will probably back this for their excellent work on SG.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Indiegogo?

Never really liked that site, they get the money even if they don't hit the funding goal which is super shady.

Ravidrath

Indiegogo?

Never really liked that site, they get the money even if they don't hit the funding goal which is super shady.

No, that's not true for Fixed Funding campaigns - Flexible Funding campaigns are the campaigns that keep the money if you don't hit the goal.

They do charge you right away, but you will be refunded if we don't hit the goal.

We can't do anything without the full amount, so there's no point in holding onto it.

Tizoc

Any chance for a limited cheaper tier for the game ver.?
Otherwise will pledge by the end of the month, considering the quality of the 2D animation it's understandable the high goal value needed for this game.

wildfire

Banned
Indiegogo?

It's one of many options and honestly all of crowdfunding requires you to test your trust (I have funded projects on both platforms)

Ravidrath

Any chance for a limited cheaper tier for the game ver.?
Otherwise will pledge by the end of the month, considering the quality of the 2D animation it's understandable the high goal value needed for this game.

Unlikely.

The game will retail for $30, and you get the digital OST on top of that.

And I think it's a pretty meaty game for $30.

nynt9

I'm interested in this and I have been following the older thread, but watching the gameplay gave me some mild motion sickness. I think the camera is pulled in a bit too close and as the character jumps around it moves up and down too much which was a bit disorienting. I'll try the prototype later to see if it persists :/

Corpekata

Banned
1.5 million on Indiegogo is a big ask. If it succeeds it'll end up being the most funded game project on the platform by a considerable amount.

Am backing, but really hope the choice of venue doesn't hurt it.

poncle

Hope this will take Valkyrie Profile's spot as my favourite combat system for an rpg. In for at least $100.

Also, for those who don't have it yet, Skullgirls is on a great deal on HumbleBundle.

Ravidrath

Does indiegogo take less of a cut then KS or something?

Yes, about 2% less, all told.

That's a big goal they're asking for. How much does the animation cost?

It's cheaper than 3D in most ways, but it's not cheap, either.

For what it's worth, though, I expect this whole RPG to have about as much animation as Skullgirls had for its 14 characters.

The additional costs come from environments, needing level designers, etc.

Keep in mind that we have a publisher backing us for another $2M if we hit that goal. This is not an unreasonable budget.

Dio

Banned
That's a big goal they're asking for. How much does the animation cost?

For a fully animated single character, it took around 200-300,000 dollars per Skullgirls character, and 150,000 for that DLC character Squigly:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-little-fighting-game-that-could/1100-4587/

Since this is a full RPG with several party members we haven't seen yet (there's four in the demo) and tons of different types of enemies, I don't think that's an unreasonable number. Not only that, none of the animation I'm talking about factors into the actual design of the game or environments or mechanics.

wrowa

Indiegogo?

I can't believe this nonsense gets brought up in each and every thread over and over again. This is just one of the options Indiegogo offers, but not the only one. Indivisible is a fixed campaign and will only get money when/if it reaches the declared goal.

Anyway, it's a bold move to use Indiegogo, that's for certain. I'm not sure if there was ever a gaming project on Indiegogo that even got a million in funding. I think the developers might underestimate that a lot of gamers don't have an Indiegogo account and are reluctant to register for another service when they trust Kickstarter already.

Hubb

Juggling whether I want the $30/60/100 tier. Neither of them sell out, so I'll sit on it for awhile and see whats going on closer to the campaign end.

Got to try out the prototype they sent out to backers of the Skullgirls campaign. Enjoyed it for what it was. Definitely going to have to keep my eye on this.

emb

Physical copy? I'm innnn, probably. I've heard nothing but good things about Lab Zero, and I love Metroidvanias. Will watch the trailer and probably back the project sometime after work.

The physical copy is an option for PS4 or XB1, right?
Yes, physical is for PS4, Xbox One or PC.
Thanks! ^.^

Make this thing happen. :)
I can't believe this nonsense gets brought up in each and every thread over and over again. This is just one of the options Indiegogo offers, but not the only one. Indivisible is a fixed campaign and will only get money when/if it reaches the declared goal.

Anyway, it's a bold move to use Indiegogo, that's for certain. I'm not sure if there was ever a gaming project on Indiegogo that even got a million in funding. I think the developers might underestimate that a lot of gamers don't have an Indiegogo account and are reluctant to register for another service when they trust Kickstarter already.
You don't have to register an account do you? I could have sworn I was able to back using my email + PayPal last time I tried one. Besides, if the issue is that gamers aren't used to it, that will never get solved unless competent game projects start dipping their toes in and trying it.

The hurdle, in my eyes, is getting people to put in the money up front. It seems like it could be way more tempting to cancel when there's money that you really already don't have and could get back. Honestly though, I kinda like just getting the payment over with up front, so I don't have to worry about it later.

I am curious about why they went IGG though. Maybe I'll know once I've read through the campaign. <.<

BiggNife

FYI, backing an IndieGoGo even you don't have an account is effortless. All you do is put in your email, then log in to Paypal, and that's it. This is the first IGG I've ever done and it felt almost identical to the KSes I've done.

DrArchon

Planning to put in $30 when I get home from work. This looks super solid, and I always grab a good OST when I get the chance.

edit: Couldn't wait. Just put in $30 from work. Good luck!

Ravidrath

Physical copy? I'm innnn, probably. I've heard nothing but good things about Lab Zero, and I love Metroidvanias. Will watch the trailer and probably back the project sometime after work.

The physical copy is an option for PS4 or XB1, right?

Yes, physical is for PS4, Xbox One or PC.

Gbraga

It's cheaper than 3D in most ways, but it's not cheap, either.

For what it's worth, though, I expect this whole RPG to have about as much animation as Skullgirls had for its 14 characters.

The additional costs come from environments, needing level designers, etc.

Keep in mind that we have a publisher backing us for another $2M if we hit that goal. This is not an unreasonable budget.

Cheaper, really? Did not expect that. The animation in Skullgirls is incredible.

Busaiku

Looking forward to the finished product.
The prototype itself was great. If only all crowdfunding games launched like this.

Put down $500 now, but I might change that later.

Ravidrath

I really, really, really want this to happen, but 1.5m will be tough.

We knew it was a big ask, which is why we went all in with a playable prototype.

No giving anyone my money for 2+ years on the hope that a game could be good.

There's a playable prototype you can play right now. The reaction to it has been pretty phenomenal, and we put it together in 3-4 months.

http://www.labzerogames.com/indivisible-prototype_win.zip

And if we're funded, we'll be releasing periodic updates on Steam with new levels, characters and monsters to get player feedback.

M.Steiner

Backed! Been following this for a while now so really hope the campaign goes well for you guys. Good luck :)

Looking forward to giving the prototype a play later on tonight.

NotLiquid

Really not a big fan of Skullgirls but the team artistry has always been good and I'm pretty partial for this kind of game play, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. Too broke to back it but here's to hoping it goes all the way.

Ravidrath

Really not a big fan of Skullgirls but the team artistry has always been good and I'm pretty partial for this kind of game play, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. Too broke to back it but here's to hoping it goes all the way.

Well, play the prototype in the meantime!

So, looking at the list of highest crowdfunded projects, there has never been a video game to make 1.5 million on indiegogo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_funded_crowdfunding_projects

There have also only been 17 games to make $1.5 million in crowdfunding in general, including things like Project Cars.

It's a very aggressive goal, but I wish you guys the best of luck.

Thanks.

We spent $250k on the playable prototype, so I would argue that we're mounting a very aggressive campaign.

Dremark

Banned
I'll take a closer look at this later, but I don't think I'm going to fund it. I do like how they are straight out transparent with what is going on with funding. I know they ran into a few major snags with Skullgirls and I wish them the best of luck.

This is pretty much where I'm at. If this was on Kickstarter I'd have backed immediately, but I don't feel particularly inclined to start up an account with another service. Might keep an eye on this and see if they need the money down the line, otherwise I'll be happy to wait until post release to buy it.

Top Bottom