• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Easiest wishlist ever:
Scale Rog a bit on damage
Give a few buffs to Chun, FANG, Juri, maybe one more to Ryu
Deliver us a few new moves
Make v-reversals great again

Maybe add a new wakeup option.

That's it.

Adding new moves to existing characters is the easiest way to make people happy.

Adding new moves to existing characters is the easiest way to make people happy.
A good set of normal spiral DDTs and a great EX spiral DDT that can bypass projectiles, offer oki or beat grabs/strikes would be a huge midrange buff. Probably a good enough move to make crouching medium button special cancels unnecessary. A lot of the cast could use new moves. Leave Zangief, Necalli, Cammy and maybe Sim out come season 3.

The whole EX soundtrack was fire. Fighting Layer's was booty, so I don't know how they did so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YejRYwU-bfM&index=2&list=PLE4B2BD2F4DF31136

Probably one of the hardest to balance, too. Still, even if like four or five characters got like one move, it'd be pretty dope.

And if anything Necalli needs a new move to be avoiding pinnacle vanilla.

Skilletor

It's funny. Even though Street Fighter II is easily the most well-known and "iconic" SF game, and the one that helped ingrain most SF characters into the public consciousness, when you think of Chun the version that most readily comes to mind is probably the one from X-Men vs Street Fighter (or maybe the one from SFIII).

Alpha chun for me. Best outfit, best moveset.

Probably one of the hardest to balance, too. Still, even if like four or five characters got like one move, it'd be pretty dope.

And if anything Necalli needs a new move to be avoiding pinnacle vanilla.
The guy has got just about everything a great character could ever need and then some. I'd rather we not make him more "robust" when other characters are missing truly well known moves or floundering in certain aspects of their gameplans.

https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/856505477450129409

See, I think shit like this is neat.It individualizes the character, and really not all that busted but still kinda goofy. Capcom gonna remove it because people want the game to be wholly fair though.

The guy has got just about everything a great character could ever need and then some. I'd rather we not make him more "robust" when other characters are missing truly well known moves or floundering in certain aspects of their gameplans.

While you aren't wrong, he's so boring that I hope they make an exception. I see dudes having fun with Birdie and I'm over here winning but like I wanna throw cans as Necalli or something.

Village

Oh word? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Yeah its an alt

02_allusf407.jpg

MCD250

Man, if anything Necalli needs *less* moves, not more. I hope the next game he appears in they cut him up like they did Ibuki, becaue wooooo that motherfucker...

Also that forward dash thing is definitely something that online Ken players needed to know.

Yeah its an alt
Man, I don't like how IV looks, but I gotta say that looks pretty nice. Would probably look amazing in V.

Village

That game also had Ibuki's 3rd strike costume, where she shows up with her boyfriend. Which is funny, because her story in that game, is her looking for him.

I want this costume, and alpha cun in 5. Though alpha chun has a mod

If my boy hugo ever comes back I want this to be his main outfit, I really liked it.

One last bit about sf4, there were costumes in SFXT that never made it over to SF4 despite them saying they would. Weird, there was a really good geif and Vega costume just lost in the ether.

While you aren't wrong, he's so boring that I hope they make an exception. I see dudes having fun with Birdie and I'm over here winning but like I wanna throw cans as Necalli or something.
Have him eat Sean. Then he can bounce basketballs off people's domepieces like a harlem globetrotter.

Capcom really has to do another cinematic story mode update already.

That just looks really funky. It makes sense that he can dash through jump ins and tatsus and the like but forward dashing through a projectile?

I kinda get why capcom doesn't want to add a hitbox viewer for training mode, so much stuff would have been exposed especially in season 1.

Is he still hanging out in Ranked? I got the impression he stopped once he became big time, but maybe not. There was a time I was on his wavelength, but he'd probably utterly wreck me now. I think he mostly improved through Ranked.

Yeah I think he just messes around with secondary characters. He was playing Nash today. Probably because his senpai Bonchan. He's definitely an online warrior at heart though.

Sayad

I feel like Karin has good tools, including a reliable anti air. She just doesn't have anything stupid like Balrog, Urien, Bison, Cammy and Laura. She's probably the most honest character that isn't bad.
Just the best shimmy options in the game and the most damaging combo ender CA. Her health is fine as it is.

mitchlol

So I've picked up Alex recently and the main issue I'm having is people jumping in on me at a range where c.hp goes under them or doesn't start up in time. I try using air knee dp but I either trade or lose. Often I'm too slow to react or don't have bar so EX isn't amazing. AA jab is ok but nothing like season 1. So I'm wondering if a better alternative is to forward dash under and try use the command grab as they land. I'm not sure how to use FAT to see if the frames work out in my favour, does anyone know if this is viable? Basically anything that can't c.hp I just dash under and command grab

fionel

So I've picked up Alex recently and the main issue I'm having is people jumping in on me at a range where c.hp goes under them or doesn't start up in time. I try using air knee dp but I either trade or lose. Often I'm too slow to react or don't have bar so EX isn't amazing. AA jab is ok but nothing like season 1. So I'm wondering if a better alternative is to forward dash under and try use the command grab as they land. I'm not sure how to use FAT to see if the frames work out in my favour, does anyone know if this is viable? Basically anything that can't c.hp I just dash under and command grab

I think you'd have to react even faster than using ex knee if you try to do that, ie, not very practical. Unless you're in a corner, back jump mp/hp can also be decent AA options.

Vice

The anti-air jab is still a good option. If you can consistently anti-air with it then you will be in good positions often. It will usually leave you some type of frame advantage over your opponent and let you get at least one mix-up or other type of pressure on them once they land from the air reset. Dashing under can work though, and it may be a very good idea for things you anti-airs just don't work on like certain cross-ups.
You can also anti-air some things with the lariat as well.

fionel

The anti-air jab is still a good option. If you can consistently anti-air with it then you will be in good positions often. It will usually leave you some type of frame advantage over your opponent and let you get at least one mix-up or other type of pressure on them once they land from the air reset. Dashing under can work though, and it may be a very good idea for things you anti-airs just don't work on like certain cross-ups.
You can also anti-air some things with the lariat as well.

The jab can be a good option depending on the matchup. However it can be extremely unreliable against certain jump-ins (Boxer's jump HP, Rashid's jump HP, Kolin's jump HK, and a number of other moves) In those situations I find it more reliable to do air-to-air with back jump lp/lk/mp/mk, but even those are not consistent options. The sad truth is the safest option is to block and be ready for mixups after they land. Dashing under is not something I'd recommend unless you have a good read or very good reaction. Lariat is very slow (11f startup) and is better used catching early jumps rather than as an AA.

myco666

Servers should be up at the moment, right? Game has failed to connect me into two matches in a row now.

Okay there is something wrong with this game. It can't even load trials for me. Am I safe to quit the game or will I get a lp penalty?

Can't believe even after a year people still run with the points.

Sometimes you just know you gimmicked the match too hard.

Bigg_Oggy

3 solid matches in a row. Now i can't seem to connect to anyone. 'Another fight is coming your way!...........

Connection to opponent has been lost.

myco666

Got kicked out of the server. I guess it is time to wait until the maintenance is over. The game can't even count right for the daily missions now lol.

Doesn't Nash has this as well? He's able to dash under bison's vskill fireball.

I think so, but not to the extent that Ken has.

Have him eat Sean. Then he can bounce basketballs off people's domepieces like a harlem globetrotter.

Capcom really has to do another cinematic story mode update already.

So many questions left unanswered

Did Rog ever get his fight money?
Is Gen really dead this time or is he just gonna get up and cough?
Who won the Cammybowl between Juri, That Doll Nobody Remembers The Name Of, and Vega?

Thats not weird at all , he seems to be ducking in the animation which prolly lowers the hurtbox/collision box. I think even Nash can do the same. I use it to go under jump ins.

Having your hurtbox move back when you are moving forward like Mika? Yea no thats just weird.

That just looks really funky. It makes sense that he can dash through jump ins and tatsus and the like but forward dashing through a projectile?

I kinda get why capcom doesn't want to add a hitbox viewer for training mode, so much stuff would have been exposed especially in season 1.

But see, shit like that is what makes this game more interesting. Cool, you can't space out Ken all day with fireballs if they are really good because sometimes they can duck under those or do wakeup tatsus on him. But they gotta be timed correctly. More shit like that should be included across the board, because that'd freshen the game, make characters more diverse, and keep things interesting so long as it isn't busting the game.

The Mika thing though sucks because it doesn't make any goddamn sense. The model should at least kinda match the damn hitbox and that does not.

Edit: But on the flipside, they should really have this shit out in the open in their tutorials or something. This "I want them to find it on their own" shit is cute but doesn't help anyone.

Village

Not you specifically.

Sometimes I loose and its like " nah, " and I leave. Sometimes I win and i'm like " eh" and I leave.

And sometimes I loose twice and wish I could fight the guy more than twice. Depends. This game is about how I have fun with it first and foremost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom