• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

kirblar

Saw this on Tumblr today and I was like WTF!?

tumblr_on3nnsKTB61vx2jbwo1_1280.jpg
Tracer/Soldier get their ults up faster on control relative to other maps/heroes by a significant margin.

antitrop

wait

so youre telling me losses count more if youre below 50% lmao

Yes. The system rewards you more for doing well and punishes you more for doing poorly.

If you're losing a lot, you will lose way more points for a loss than you gain for a win, but if you're winning a lot, you will gain way more points for a win than you will lose for a loss.

If you're hovering around 50%, you pretty much gain as much as you lose from each game.

LiK

Yes. The system rewards you more for doing well and punishes you more for doing poorly.

If you're losing a lot, you will lose way more points for a loss than you gain for a win, but if you're winning a lot, you will gain way more points for a win than you will lose for a loss.

If you're hovering around 50%, you pretty much gain as much as you lose from each game.

I like how it was working right after placements where you gained more from wins than lose from losses. Makes it less frustrating to lose.

I like how it was working right after placements where you gained more from wins than lose from losses. Makes it less frustrating to lose.

The problem with that is then you get the "grind" mentality.

If you hit 50% W/R but get 35 from a win and 25 from a loss eventually you'll rank up.

I don't like the idea of "streaks", especially losing ones as they can be painful, but I understand why they do it.

One guy on a stream was saying he was up to like 80 SR per win after winning 10 matches in a row lol.

ohkay

Not necessarily true. At the end of last season, I was under 50% and would still gain significantly more (~30) than I would lose (~15-20)

LiK

If you hit 50% W/R but get 35 from a win and 25 from a loss eventually you'll rank up.

I don't like the idea of "streaks", especially losing ones as they can be painful, but I understand why they do it.

One guy on a stream was saying he was up to like 80 SR per win after winning 10 matches in a row lol.

winning 10 matches is pretty rare. the closest i've gotten was with Vault where we had a 9 game winning streak in S2. Went from Plat to Diamond in a few hours. That was a joy. If they didn't fuck around with D.va, I would still use her more.

JHall

wait

so youre telling me losses count more if youre below 50% lmao

There is also the case of the game thinking that you're higher SR than you should be. Meaning, it will take more SR away from you until you're back down to where it thinks you belong.

antitrop

My last win was +70SR. I don't know what my win streak was, but my win rate for the season is 67%. The previous 2 wins before that were both +51SR each.

HsXemAH.png

In Season 2, I went on such an incredible loss streak that I think I was losing close to 100SR per game. I went from 2800 to 2200 in a few days, it fucking sucked.

When I was watching Eevee's Bronze-T500 stream yesterday, he was on a 12 game win streak coming up through Gold and was gaining over 100SR per win to fly through Platinum. I think he was only in Plat for 4 games.

The streaks are real

My last win was +70SR. I don't know what my win streak was, but my win rate for the season is 67%. The previous 2 wins before that were both +51SR each.

HsXemAH.png

When I was watching Eevee's Bronze-T500 stream yesterday, he was on a 12 game win streak coming up through Gold and was gaining over 100SR per win to fly through Platinum. I think he was only in Plat for 4 games.

Cot Dang.

I should get on this Mercy train...

Winston just worked in defense. I thought I would pick him to kinda fight dive comps and it worked; they had two shitty snipers and Pharah, so I had some nice targets to jump to and mess up (worked on getting that jet pack damage). We had two healers who actually healed me and noticed that I was doing work; I am grateful to them.

Jellie

Haha, she seems kinda weak, tbh. I think you'll be fine as Zarya. You just need to worry about your teammates picking her.

On the one hand, easy 100 energy if enemy team has one. On the other hand if we have one that means no Reinhardt if I Zarya and if I Ana, she's a pain in the butt to keep alive.
Might be time to unleash my Sombra on comp if we get barriers everywhere.
Time to derank.

LiK

Everyone but me.

QP then?

On the one hand, easy 100 energy if enemy team has one. On the other hand if we have one that means no Reinhardt if I Zarya and if I Ana, she's a pain in the butt to keep alive.
Might be time to unleash my Sombra on comp if we get barriers everywhere.
Time to derank.

Sombra is a good counter. And I think her buffs are also going live?

Winston just worked in defense. I thought I would pick him to kinda fight dive comps and it worked; they had two shitty snipers and Pharah, so I had some nice targets to jump to and mess up (worked on getting that jet pack damage). We had two healers who actually healed me and noticed that I was doing work; I am grateful to them.

I like D.Va against dive comps too. The DM can keep them from killing someone right off the bat and then they have to leave or risk dying.

DM buys you enough time that your teammates should notice something going on, which doesn't always happen.

LiK

Orisa just seems super squishy. She's so easily focused down, and her DR from Fortify feels really negligible.

People compared her Fortify to Reaper Wraith form and Mei Ice Block. So yea, just need to bait it out and she's easily taken out.

Oh I get it. So you guys want to get in 6-stack and beat those bad Orisa players in the opposite team. Nice way to climb up in rankings.

That's what I'm hoping for. It's like people trying to use Sombra in Comp when she first came out. It's like playing in 5v6.

antitrop

Orisa seems like a good pocket target for Mercy. She has a high clip size and a fast fire rate, which should go well with damage boost. She has less health than any other tank, so she probably needs more support attention than the rest of her class. Her barriers are probably a nice place for Mercy to take a second of cover behind for her HP to start regenning.

Only real downside is that Mercy damage boost doesn't combine with Orisa's ult, but I'm interested to see how they go together, overall.

I miss pocketing 400Armor/200HP D.Vas, tbh xD

Jellie

QP then?

Sombra is a good counter. And I think her buffs are also going live?
I would assume all the stuff from PTR 1.9 are. So Ana nerf too :'(
I like D.Va against dive comps too. The DM can keep them from killing someone right off the bat and then they have to leave or risk dying.

DM buys you enough time that your teammates should notice something going on, which doesn't always happen.
Yeah she's good for countering dive. Can peel whoever gets dived and Winston and Tracer struggle against her armour while she shreds Winston.
Orisa just seems super squishy. She's so easily focused down, and her DR from Fortify feels really negligible.
Yeah her hitbox with 400HP is pretty bad. Feels like she needs 500 to be able to replace Rein but if she has 500 and is played with Rein it'd be annoying.

I'm excited about being annoyed by overwatch for different reasons tomorrow.

There's always something...

Nope, definitely exciting! No reason to play tonight that's for sure...

Blizzard can I get a "I survived the bastion meta 2017" icon or at least a t-shirt, some shit?

J7T92mg.jpg

komaruR

Not necessarily true. At the end of last season, I was under 50% and would still gain significantly more (~30) than I would lose (~15-20)
the hidden MMR is saying you don't belong there. gotta believe!
Everyone will use Orisa badly. I think it's time to play Comp tomorrow.
don't forget to 6stack, so that all the shitty randoms that wanna play orisa in comp is on the other side :p

LiK

the hidden MMR is saying you don't belong there. gotta believe!

don't forget to 6stack, so that all the shitty randoms that wanna play orisa in comp is on the other side :p

Yea, 6-stack or bust. Cuz you know that random WILL choose Orisa.

Top Bottom