• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charles Martinet (voice of Mario) has Instagram...

Chipworm

I met him at an event in London and he signed my copy of New Super Mario bros u. As he wrote next to each character he did the voices too. He's a lovely man. He seemed genuinely happy to meet people and unlike most people there he didn't charge for an autograph.

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea he was on Instagram.

El Odio

Banned
These are great. I love how he doesn't seem to care about how he might look to some people doing these. Dude seems like he's having a blast.

He really owns the character and is nothing but nice to his fans. Is it a little strange? Sure, but he's an entertainer who has found a way to entertain millions with something he loves to do. I say "Wahoo!!" to you sir!!

NIN90

Is it only me or is it normal that instagram videos and vines only have sound in the left speaker? So annoying.

Did anyone else think the sentence was going to end with "has died" ?

Same here, I nearly had a heart attack. He can't die yet, he has to sign my copy of Super Mario World!

I hope to meet him one day, probably at Nintendo world for the release of a new Mario game. I watch all his interviews on Youtube, he REALLY loves his fans and voicing the mario Universel

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm kind of irked at people who have tried to make him a joke, and that includes Conan and several posters in this thread >:)

He's clearly having fun with his position, which is the best possible response to such an unusual fame position that you can have.

Disclaimer: I have met the man, and he is a delightful and warm person.

Ghost King

Neo Member
It seems that he's been in Chile for weeks. Any fellow Chileans know the reason?

There is a rumor that I heard that he is pretty close with one of the organizers of Festigame and they always want him to be here in some way or form. The Chilean Shigeru (the nintendo chile rep) always promises that Martinet is going to be back in another opportunity.

Syril

Well, no one can ever say that he takes his role as one of the most beloved characters of all time for granted.

UrbanRats

iQ6nHp0iAnXI4.jpg

Just kiddin', as long as he's happy doing it, more power to him.

Levi

Banned
Like a lot of people in this thread, I've met the man (a few times) and he's always been incredible kind and sincere.

Top Bottom