• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I think they'd win right now. I'm dead tired from walking around an over crowded convention hall filled with people who have zero self awareness. I don't care if you're chatting up the first girl to like the same anime as you, just move so I can browse the God damn DVDs! Lol

Like I said, cons are now just places where socially awkward people can be loud at each other. It's like they suddenly found a place with people like them so they are themselves at people 1000%. You either grow up from that or become that kinda balding dude in a Lucky Star t-shirt.

We'll grab Cornbread and go play "That's Not Anime" a game my friend and I invented years ago where we watch people in cosplay walk by and point out who is dressed up as something not from an anime. The best was that dude one year when Chapelle's Show first came out who walked around Katsucon as Prince holding a basketball and a plate of pancakes. That dude was a hero.

Konosuba - 5 - 7

C8W6ikzWsAAUwDP.jpg:large

Okay, that scene was funny. Out of everything in these past three episodes, this was the one thing that elicited a genuine laugh. Was like something out of Looney Tunes.

That aside, I'm still kinda eh so far on this whole thing. I mean, it's not bad, it's just sort-of okay.

Attack on Titan - 26

Starting right from where we left off, nice. I guess with only 12 episodes to work with, they can't really mess around here. And holy shit yes, this is AoT alright. This translates so much better in anime form than manga.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 75 – Heartless Duel - Yugi vs Jonouchi
C8XFGVyXYAImoDg.jpg:small

Kaiba being shocked and torn over what to do is intriguing, especially after his helicopter convo with yugi about the contradiction in his heart over teamwork/yet facing Jonouchi as an enemy.

phaze

Now how about you watch Nichijou instead, a proper KyoAni anime! Didn't you say you wanted to give it another try and see if it gets better perhaps?

Because it take some time but eventually I liked it more and more. And even though many jokes weren't my type the production values make some of them still work / make up for it.

I'm sorry but that last skit from first episode is still carved into my memory as the most coma inducing thing ever, kyakka.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 104 – With Whom Does Victory Lie?! Judai Versus Saio

And another GX arc done, finally I can understand what happened right before GX Tag Force 2 on PSP that Ive been playing recently.

Saio duel was epic.

Andrew J.

Kyoukai no Kanata tried to go for that "everybody talks super frankly about their weird fetishes all the time" vibe as -monogatari, but it didn't really work. The only other show that's ever even come close is Heavy Object.

MHA S2 E1
Nice op theme and great animation. Solid episode too even with the recap, I'm glad the next episode goes straight into the tournament.

BEYBLADE VForce #01 Shot Down in Flames!
C8XbXfXWsAAmeeg.jpg:small

Keeps the same OP as s1 and all the music but changes character designs and everything, odd. I like this Tyson design much more but I had grown to like s1, I hope Kai and others arent as dramatic.

Hilary is such an annoying classmate,ugh.

Mr. X reminds me of Kai.

Puzzle & Dragons X Episode 36 – Battle! Ace Versus Lance

Wow Ace was getting destroyed out there...

Best part was the jokes over Donny's name but also over Harriot's crushing defeat, lol. They were rude.

Narag

Berserk (2016) TV Recap

uh wow the show had its own problems and they made shit a thousand times worse. should've just concentrated on the tower of conviction stuff instead of farnesefarnesefarnesebadcgactionfarnesefarnese

Trickster Episode 22 – Small Moth Flying into a Flame

Wow the Boys Detective Club are back to their usual antics, Ive missed this so much. If only we could get tons more episodes with them like this. Still perfect anime.

The space expo is a great setpiece
that endscene explosion, please be safe

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided to watch Fractale, because I saw people making fun its sales.

Why can people I hear the avatar things just by putting on glasses? Total unrealistic.

Also, the first thing list on the wanted posters after the peoples names is the blood type, which is so Japan.

You know this was a lot more watchable than I thought it might be. Most of these Haoliners anime are pretty iffy, but this wasn't so bad. If it remains competent I could see this being a decent show.

Also I watched MHA S2E1. Really not that bad, I don't understand all the fuss over some recap at the start of the season. AoT did it better and got to the new plot faster, but MHA wasn't too much of a slog either.

Chiruran 1/2 Episode 12 – Break (Siesta) [end]
C8XxIYRXUAAI5G3.jpg:small

Second short I was watching this season and its over. Great Bakumatsu era comedy, loved how charming the cast was in their situations, talent show and winter cold episode were most memorable. I hope we get more.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 17

uCoE1CP.png

I found it funny/weird that Chibodee's, George's, and Sai's reaction to the Devil Gundam was basically "lol fuck that, not my problem".

Training arc incoming?

Oh my god why is Cor so hot.

I'm literally sweating here and I'm almost positive it's not cause I finished half a bottle of Kraken Rum. Had to open the windows.

So I didn't watch much from last season. Aside from March Comes in Like a Lion, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (I think season 2 was last season?), and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, was there anything worth watching?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Don't listen to Dedication Through Light. The shows worth watching are Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Acca 13, Tonya the evil, and Konosuba.

So I didn't watch much from last season. Aside from March Comes in Like a Lion, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (I think season 2 was last season?), and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans, was there anything worth watching?
Tales of Zestiria the X
Blue Exotcist
Twin Star Exorcist
élDLIVE
Konosuba

Yowamushi Pedal New Generation Episode 10 – The Sugimoto Brothers' Bond
C8Xz3jGXgAAJiXz.jpg:small

Hotshot doing what hotshot does best, iMyzumi is really the best member of Sohoku, so glad hes my favorite he does well at pumping characters up and having faith. I loved when he inspired Suigmoto, it made me feel so good...and then when Sadotoki. Intense episode. Please let sugimoto become sixth man.

Also I watched MHA S2E1. Really not that bad, I don't understand all the fuss over some recap at the start of the season. AoT did it better and got to the new plot faster, but MHA wasn't too much of a slog either.

I think a lot of the reason people are concerned is not just this episode but because there's been a whole season with pacing and other problems, and instead of fixing those problems in the second season as people were hoping it appears to be on track to continue a lot of them.

I think a lot of the reason people are concerned is not just this episode but because there's been a whole season with pacing and other problems, and instead of fixing those problems in the second season as people were hoping it appears to be on track to continue a lot of them.

Thaaaaaaaaaaank yoooooooooou, I can write a five paragraph essay about it but people still don't understand where the trepidation and once burned twice shy comes form.

Thud

Welp this season is gonna suck lol.

Just watched the new Rick and Morty episode. Anime can't compare.

Stage On

Twin Star Exorcists - Ep. 50
Pretty good ending. The lack of final battle really sucks,thouhg.
After his plan failed, the villain just kind of fucks off.
Everything else was great, so at least the show ends on a high note.

Eh I was pretty disappointed myself.

The second the bad guy went "oh you stopped from killing 95% of the people on the planet and robbing the rest of their emotions. But I'll be back in another 1000 to try again." They should have smacked him down hard. The fact he got zero comeuppance after all the shit he pulled was a huge let down.

Then the second half of the episode was too focused on the main leads spilling their spaghetti all over the place which was a really boring note to go out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom