• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•22-24•17 - Return of the Kingsman, IT floats down a spot, Ninjago blocked

kswiston

Shame Box Office Mojo doesn't have a chart for multipliers (for wide releases).

I'm sure Wonder Woman would be top 10, what other films have had super legs that went wide first week?

*gulp* I just looked up Titanics legs!

You would have to be more specific than wide release. Plenty of films that released in over 3k studios have 4x multipliers.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/widest.htm?page=WIDESTOPEN&sort=percent&order=ASC&p=.htm

You would have to filter out all of the Wed/Thurs openings, and winter holiday films.

Slayven

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
No Flatliners reviews? I'm sure they just wanna keep all those surprise cameos a secret...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just wait until Spawn starts pulling comic book numbers off of a Blumhouse budget.

It might be the first triple digit multiplier.

Four-digit budget/box office multiplier has already happened. From Blumhouse even.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
That country roads scene in LL had nothing on the one in the new Kingsman bruv.

yeah but the kingsman one was cheap; they went out of their way to make that happen whereas the LL one felt fitting for how the plot was going and the themes of that movie.
Yeah the Logan Lucky one was better, actually made me tear up. Kingsman one was a highlight of that movie though.

It's a little weird though, I saw Whisper of the Heart for the first time in a cinema a few weeks ago, so there's three films I've seen theatrically in the past month that have prominently featured characters singing that song.

Yeah the Logan Lucky one was better, actually made me tear up. Kingsman one was a highlight of that movie though.

It's a little weird though, I saw Whisper of the Heart for the first time in a cinema a few weeks ago, so there's three films I've seen theatrically in the past month that have prominently featured characters singing that song.

But Whisper of the Heart didn't have Channing Tatum.

Seriously though, the Country Roads scene in Logan Lucky was so sweet when it played.

Lima

Yeah I've heard lots of good things about the movie. But the truth is I can be kind of a baby when it comes to gore / violence in movies and I've heard that the Kingsman movies are crazy violent. It's weird because video game violence doesn't phase me one bit but movies can make me squeamish

Judt like the big baddy then. Just do it like Sam Jackson and look away when it gets violent 👀

Just got my ticket for Blade Runner. Shape of Water the following week as part of London Film Festival. Now just waiting for my fave cinema to put tickets up for Ragnarok.

October is looking good.

I really hope Blade Runner succeeds so I get more local thinkpieces about how Denis Villeneuve is bringing his Quebecois sensibilities to Hollywood and how proud we are of him like we made him or something.

Slayven

feels so weird Flatliners is getting a remake

51vWB0mX6sL.jpg

Think the new guys will go on to have the same careers as the OGs?

Pachimari

I would surely hope Nina Dobrev goes on to become greater. We already saw how incredible her acting range could be on The Vampire Diaries but she needs bigger gigs but maybe those will come when she's done a series of smaller roles.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Having finally watched The BFG, I kind of get why it flopped. I'm not sure what the Beard was thinking with this one.

Having finally watched The BFG, I kind of get why it flopped. I'm not sure what the Beard was thinking with this one.

He was thinking 'this old white guy stole Sly's Oscar, let me put him in a heavy CG role where he talks like he has marbles in his mouth the whole time'

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
He was thinking 'this old white guy stole Sly's Oscar, let me put him in a heavy CG role where he talks like he has marbles in his mouth the whole time'

That is the only logical conclusion that makes any sense to me

Dude was pretty great in bridge of spies and dunkirk. Hope to see him in more stuff. Maybe Nolan will induct him in to the circle (No Australians allowed tho)

Random Human

Oh wait, he's in Ready Player One too? Learning this makes me feel like when Luke Skywalker learned about the Force with Master Yoda on the planet Dagobah.

Spielberg must have really liked working with him. He's like his new muse.

Dude was pretty great in bridge of spies and dunkirk. Hope to see him in more stuff. Maybe Nolan will induct him in to the circle (No Australians allowed tho)

He could be the new Michael Caine.

kswiston

It's always interesting when directors (at least those who are big enough that they can influence casting) latch on to particular actors over others. Especially in cases where that director is able to get much better performance out of the actor that pretty much everyone else. Like Sam Jackson and Tarantino.

Jackson is all over the place in his 900 feature film roles, but pretty much all of this Tarantino performances are excellent.

I think Nolan might try to keep some of the young British kids. That Tommy kid was pretty good And his first major film role as well.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Tim Burton seems to gradually wear down his muses, especially when he's dating them. He's gonna suck the lifeforce out of Eva Green and then move onto the next one he meets on set.

kswiston

There's a non-zero chance that Armie Hammer picks up a best supporting actor nomination this winter. I guess that we have to remove him from the generic white actor list.

Hey now, Mark Rylance genuinely deserved that oscar. Bridge of Spies sucked too.

He deserved to get a right hook from the best man in the world, Rocky Balboa

There's a non-zero chance that Armie Hammer picks up a best supporting actor nomination this winter. I guess that we have to remove him from the generic white actor list.

Finally, me liking The Man from U.N.C.L.E will pay off

Top Bottom