• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ingeniero
(08-07-2017, 01:55 AM)
17 is now in my top3 favorite fighters in U7 along side Geets and Kakarot.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(08-07-2017, 01:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Dekmental

Just watched the last episode.

This whole tournament so far is a massive disappointment. The tone is soo off for what the stakes are and it feels like universe 7 is just cruising along.

I think the tone will be very different in the next episode.
Slaythe
(08-07-2017, 02:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Ingeniero

17 is now in my top3 favorite fighters in U7 along side Geets and Kakarot.

Omg, has hell frozen ?
I-hate-u
(08-07-2017, 02:02 AM)
17 in Super > Z
LotusHD
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:05 AM)

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

17 in Super > Z

Not really a hard thing to do
Slaythe
(08-07-2017, 02:08 AM)
He was great in Z too. The present version that is.

But this mature version of 17 is perfect.

He's the reverse of Goku in Super.
erlim
yes, that talented of a member
(08-07-2017, 02:08 AM)

Originally Posted by dci260

To be fair, it's not really like Krillin did anything of importance during the Cell or Buu saga... Tien did :P

Anyway, Super has shit on Tien from the highest of heights, and sadly there is no coming back. He's gonna be out next.

He has been shit on for life---way before super. Off the top of my head.

He very very narrowly beat a child in the tenkaichi budokai because Goku couldn't fly and was hit by a truck.

Shat the bed trying to mufaba Piccolo Sr.

Got his arm chopped off, not by a blade or a ki blade or anything like that, but just a normal punch fighting Nappa.

Was so upset Chiaotzu died that he died from emotional and physical exhaustion/broken heart.

Got one shotted by 17.

Got knocked out by Majin Buu's legs. Couldn't recover in time even with Dende's healing powers to help fuse with Goku or do anything. Even Krillin went toe to toe with crazy kid Buu.

Really dude has been dumped on by life a thousand times over.
I-hate-u
(08-07-2017, 02:11 AM)
I don't know what Shigeru Nakahara did to his performance but I love what he is doing with 17. A lot of the other voice actors understandably regressed a bit due to age, but not him.
Baroquemantic
(08-07-2017, 02:11 AM)
Episode 75

Holy shit 18 and Marron were straight savage. I mean, yeah, Krillin is weak, but damn. Anyway, it was nice to see Gohan look serious in a fight again. Looks like I'll be seeing more of that soon. Also nice to see all those old characters.

Edit: Start of 76 is a greatest hits of his deaths/defeats, haha.
caliph95
(08-07-2017, 02:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Skeeter49

Knocked out by base form Kale or Caulifla.
He's going to see Kale unconscious and Caulifla weak, and think he has a chance.

Dekmental
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Kagari

I think the tone will be very different in the next episode.

I really hope so as we had 20 or so episode of bulid up for this and it just feels so flat.
caliph95
(08-07-2017, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by DiipuSurotu

Fulminator
(08-07-2017, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by caliph95

Skeeter calm down bro lol

I kid
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(08-07-2017, 02:18 AM)

Originally Posted by Dekmental

I really hope so as we had 20 or so episode of bulid up for this and it just feels so flat.

Gohan is one of the few people not acting like an idiot and the episode is focused on him so...
Red Devil
(08-07-2017, 02:18 AM)

Originally Posted by erlim

Got knocked out by Majin Buu's legs. Couldn't recover in time even with Dende's healing powers to help fuse with Goku or do anything. Even Krillin went toe to toe with crazy kid Buu.

I always find that one funny. "Pair of legs came by and kicked my ass."
Icyflamez96
(08-07-2017, 02:19 AM)

Originally Posted by Zolo

The tone's not that far off from the Buu arc with Gotenks playing volleyball with Buu and Piccolo or Vegito getting turned into a piece of candy.

his point still stands
Zolo
(08-07-2017, 02:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Icyflamez96

his point still stands

Yeah. It's just not something 'new' for Dragon Ball.
Fulminator
(08-07-2017, 02:20 AM)
I feel like Tien is in this tournament to be master roshis cheerleader
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(08-07-2017, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Fulminator

I feel like Tien is in this tournament to be master roshis cheerleader

sasuga muten roshi-sama
Icyflamez96
(08-07-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Zolo

Yeah. It's just not something 'new' for Dragon Ball.

No one said it was. I do think this arc we better off not as silly in tone as it is so far. I disagree with the comment on the Buu saga anyway. There was a lot more moments of seriousness and desperation there than here. Of course I know this arc isn't finished yet but it's true now.
Sanojio
(08-07-2017, 02:27 AM)
Was I was the only one that thought about sailor moon watching 103?
LotusHD
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Sanojio

Of course not
caliph95
(08-07-2017, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Sanojio

Yes you are the only one
Master Milk
(08-07-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by erlim

all this isn't even necessary

his biggest L and the only one that matters is not scooping up Launch and causing her to leave the series forever
Skeeter49

Originally Posted by Fulminator

Skeeter calm down bro lol

I kid

I technically did between OT's.
I went down 200 posts. I had 1300 in OT6.

Originally Posted by caliph95

The episode we deserve.

Originally Posted by Baroquemantic

Episode 75

Holy shit 18 and Marron were straight savage. I mean, yeah, Krillin is weak, but damn. Anyway, it was nice to see Gohan look serious in a fight again. Looks like I'll be seeing more of that soon. Also nice to see all those old characters.

Edit: Start of 76 is a greatest hits of his deaths/defeats, haha.

I feel like those are really underrated episodes. People like to dock Krillin being scared as a Super thing, but it really was something that started post the Frieza arc, when he gets wished back.
He's too scared to fight the androids, Dabura, Buu, then it carries into Super with RoF. It was great to see addressed.
Emperor_Uriel
Watching the new episodes of this and One Piece... Toei really is the champion of "20 seconds of good animation per episode" huh? Also, I went from thinking of Hella as "the cool and sexy lady GoD" to "the annoying one that keeps making the same weird arm gesture."

Originally Posted by Eylos

!?!!!? Omg i cant believe

These are so great. The Dragon Ball community's antics are so much more entertaining than the actual show (and arguably always have been).
LordOfChaos
(08-07-2017, 02:40 AM)
I love 17's pragmatism as a contrast to the proud saiyans.

You shoot the boss while they're powering up, duh.

Apart from that...What a strange, but entertaining enough, episode. When you're so gross Vegeta dodges instinctively, lol.
Sgt.Pepper
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:44 AM)

Originally Posted by LordOfChaos

I love 17's pragmatism as a contrast to the proud saiyans.

You shoot the boss while they're powering up, duh.

Apart from that...What a strange, but entertaining enough, episode. When you're so gross Vegeta dodges instinctively, lol.

17's doing what Vegeta should have done with Cell. He ain't havin' that shit.

Also nice YouTube thumbnail avatar. 4Head
Dekmental
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Icyflamez96

No one said it was. I do think this arc we better off not as silly in tone as it is so far. I disagree with the comment on the Buu saga anyway. There was a lot more moments of seriousness and desperation there than here. Of course I know this arc isn't finished yet but it's true now.

Yeah it definitely needs to kick into drive soon.

This doesnt feel important at all.
Skeeter49
(08-07-2017, 02:55 AM)
I feel like 99 and 102 are the only 2 examples of characters not taking it seriously, and we saw punishments for that in both episodes, with Krillin getting knocked out, and the Kamikaze fireballs being revealed as the jokes they are, fighters wise.

Even in 99 we saw characters freaking out for 5 minutes after a universe was destroyed.

Saiyans choosing to fight in base isn't what I consider not taking it seriously. Pride Troopers being power rangers isn't something I consider not taking it seriously either, since they do take the tournament pretty seriously minus Toppo in this episode.

IMO the Buu arc was way more less serious. The only time it was really serious was when Mystic Gohan fought Buu, and when Majin Vegeta started killing people. The one time Buu wasn't played for laughs, when he was Kid Buu, they stlll found ways to make him a joke with the dances and Goku biting his head, stuff like that.
Eylos
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:56 AM)
New theory from Reddit, kinda interesting lets see if it turns to be true

Order of elimination u7

"1- Krillin holding one star Dragon ball he was the first to drop

2-Tien is holding two star dragon ball He might the second to fall

3-Master roshi is holding three star dragon ball he might be the third

4-Picollo is holding four star dragon ball he might be after Roshi

5-Android 17 holds five star dragon ball

6-Android 18 she is holding six star dragon ball

7-Freeza is holding the seven star dragon ball

You can notice Goku vegeta and Gohan are not there they are the last three and with freeza holding the seven star dragon ball he is gonna be with the last four members of Universe 7"

User: starkuspasu
longdi
(08-07-2017, 02:56 AM)
Realised we have 36mins left, unless Goku start fighting jiren soon, it will be his shortest and most unsatisfying sparring yet.

I think the tourney hasn't lit up since the final kamehameha elimination. Too much fliers and useless gimmick powers.
Eylos
Banned
(08-07-2017, 02:57 AM)

Originally Posted by longdi

Realised we have 36mins left, unless Goku start fighting jiren soon, it will be his shortest and most unsatisfying sparring yet.

I think the tourney hasn't lit up since the final kamehameha elimination. Too much fliers and useless gimmick powers.

Goku fighted as a ssj for less than 3 minutes with freeza
Baroquemantic
(08-07-2017, 02:58 AM)

I feel like those are really underrated episodes. People like to dock Krillin being scared as a Super thing, but it really was something that started post the Frieza arc, when he gets wished back.
He's too scared to fight the androids, Dabura, Buu, then it carries into Super with RoF. It was great to see addressed.

Just finished 76. Really enjoyed both episodes. It was nice to see Krillin get some character development. I'm glad he's taking up fighting again. And yeah, it's definitely not a Super thing.
HardRojo
(08-07-2017, 03:00 AM)
Damn we're at a new thread already? Great!
Azerare
(08-07-2017, 03:03 AM)
That next episode preview has got me hype. Looks like quite a bit will happen with Gohan, U10, and U2.
Ingeniero
(08-07-2017, 03:06 AM)

Order of elimination u7

You can notice Goku vegeta and Gohan are not there they are the last three and with freeza holding the seven star dragon ball he is gonna be with the last four members of Universe 7"

Very plausible and it actually makes sense.
I hope its true
Emperor_Uriel

I feel like 99 and 102 are the only 2 examples of characters not taking it seriously, and we saw punishments for that in both episodes, with Krillin getting knocked out, and the Kamikaze fireballs being revealed as the jokes they are, fighters wise.

Even in 99 we saw characters freaking out for 5 minutes after a universe was destroyed.

Saiyans choosing to fight in base isn't what I consider not taking it seriously. Pride Troopers being power rangers isn't something I consider not taking it seriously either, since they do take the tournament pretty seriously minus Toppo in this episode.

IMO the Buu arc was way more less serious. The only time it was really serious was when Mystic Gohan fought Buu, and when Majin Vegeta started killing people.

I feel like it's pretty obvious the universe erasure thing is a farce (why prohibit killing in the tournament if the losers just get annihilated anyway?), so the stakes don't really feel that high, regardless of the characters' dispositions.

Plus, the promised climax of Goku vs Jiren isn't that interesting, since Jiren has zero personality and has basically done nothing so far. He's another version of Hit, a generic "cool-strong-rival" character.

Zamasu/Black are the only decent villains Super has produced so far, and the only non-movie arc where it felt like there were real stakes.
Icyflamez96

IMO the Buu arc was way more less serious. The only time it was really serious was when Mystic Gohan fought Buu, and when Majin Vegeta started killing people. The one time Buu wasn't played for laughs, when he was Kid Buu, they stlll found ways to make him a joke with the dances and Goku biting his head, stuff like that.

My fn god wat I've never disagreed with you more. There are so many serious/desperate moments I can think of from that saga. The main moments I think were really silly were the fusions. For the most part I think it had a good balance and wouldn't have benefited greatly from a change in that respect, while I think this arc could benefit greatly from being a bit more serious in it's overall tone.
caliph95
(08-07-2017, 03:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Emperor_Uriel

I feel like it's pretty obvious the universe erasure thing is a farce (why prohibit killing in the tournament if the losers just get annihilated anyway?), so the stakes don't really feel that high, regardless of the characters' dispositions.

Plus, the promised climax of Goku vs Jiren isn't that interesting, since Jiren has zero personality and has basically done nothing so far. He's another version of Hit, a generic "cool-strong-rival" character.

Zamasu/Black are the only decent villains Super has produced so far, and the only non-movie arc where it felt like there were real stakes.

Doesn't help the more entertaining and relatively interesting enemies have just been fodder or have done nothing
Skii
(08-07-2017, 03:09 AM)
Only posted 40 times in the old thread. Hopefully I can actually be more active here. I just show up post episode and then disappear for the week lol.
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(08-07-2017, 03:11 AM)

Originally Posted by Skii

Only posted 40 times in the old thread. Hopefully I can actually be more active here. I just show up post episode and then disappear for the week lol.

The next episode looks great for us tbh.
Skeeter49
(08-07-2017, 03:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Emperor_Uriel

I feel like it's pretty obvious the universe erasure thing is a farce (why prohibit killing in the tournament if the losers just get annihilated anyway?), .

No one takes away Zeno's play toys, but Zeno himself.

In all seriousness, if someone from the winning universes dies, they're kind of fucked in that situation. And theoretically fights should be more interesting when forced to hold back. Otherwise what's stopping Frieza from spamming Death Ball, and Krillin from spamming Destructo Discs.

It's obvious what's going to happen, every universe gets destroyed but 7, and Goku the idiot that he is, wishes that all the universes and people destroyed by Zeno get brought back, and because Goku isn't specific, the 6 universes Zeno destroyed years ago get brought back, and we have the 18 universes again.

Maybe they remember Zeno killed Zamasu and he gets wished back.
Undead Fantasy
(08-07-2017, 03:23 AM)

Order of elimination u7

I rather have the order of the ending lol.
caliph95
(08-07-2017, 03:23 AM)

In all seriousness, if someone from the winning universes dies, they're kind of fucked in that situation. And theoretically fights should be more interesting when forced to hold back. Otherwise what's stopping Frieza from spamming Death Ball, and Krillin from spamming Destructo Discs.

It's obvious what's going to happen, every universe gets destroyed but 7, and Goku the idiot that he is, wishes that all the universes and people destroyed by Zeno get brought back, and because Goku isn't specific, the 6 universes Zeno destroyed years ago get brought back, and we have the 18 universes again.

Resurrection of Z
VariantX
(08-07-2017, 03:28 AM)

The saddest part about all this is that they do it because it WORKS.
Sephzilla
(08-07-2017, 03:29 AM)

That last bit would be nuts.
HardRojo
(08-07-2017, 03:31 AM)
Those clickbaity thumbnails... damn.
Red Devil
(08-07-2017, 03:32 AM)
I suppose the Daishinkan could probably end Goku the way GoDs do if he really wanted.
Diablohead
(08-07-2017, 03:37 AM)

Have youtube thumbnails gone too far? find out next time on dragon ball super