Pictured: The number of people who watch your favourite show. It's really not a lot. Sad!
Welcome to the 2017-18 TV season cancellations thread! I'm so sorry for the thread, but as we all know, if you cover President Donald J. Trump, it will definitely help your ratings. Bad for America, sure, but great for ratings! Did I fall behind on certain shows because I was too busy enthralled by the disaster that is The Trump Administration? Well, I guess I'd be lying if I said I didn't.
First: Why should you care? To quote Stump, from many moons ago:
Originally Posted by Stumpokapow
Why care about cancellations?
- You don't want to follow a show that's going to get canned after a cliffhanger and then bitch endlessly how unfair it is that you never get to find out what would have happened.
- The faster shows are cancelled in the fall, the sooner you'll get to see midseason returning favourites and other new shows held for the midseason.
- Networks have a finite amount of time and space. The more shows get cancelled, the more pilots get commissioned, the more shows that are ordered to show, the more new shows you get to watch in the future.
- Ask yourself whether or not there are more shows cancelled before their time (OMG VERONICA MARS JOURNEYMAN JOHN FROM CINCINNATI TERRIERS FERRIS BUELLER THE TV SHOW CANCELLED BEFORE THEIR TIME!) or more shows that run years too long, spiral around the drain, decline in quality, and need to be put out of their mercy?
- Wikipedia: 2017-18 American Network Schedule
- NeoGAF: What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2017 Edition
- NeoGAF: TV pilot news thread
- Fuck the Cancellation Bear, and fuck the TV Grim Reaper (also fuck white supremacists)
Pictured: San Diego Comic Con - President Trump announces the LGBTQ+ storylines (amongst many other Obama-era storylines) will be ending soon due to 'creative' differences.
Last Man Standing
The Real O'Neals
Secrets and Lies
Time After Time
2 Broke Girls
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders
The Great Indoors
The Odd Couple
Reign (final season)
The Vampire Diaries (final season)
Bones (final season)
Son of Zorn
You the Jury (the dumbest idea ever? or maybe not)
The Blacklist: Redemption
The Carmichael Show
Grimm (final season)
Other notable cancellations:
Confederate Statues (Virginia, Baltimore, Kentucky, Florida, hopefully everyone else already)
Joss Whedon's thin veneer that he is 'totally a feminist' (Geeks, except the ones that model themselves after Joss Whedon)
Beauty & the Beast (The CW, somehow this surprised us all that it hadn't died already)
Masters of Sex (Showtime, was also molested by a gorilla because of science)
Man Seeking Woman (FXX, didn't seek renewal)
Duck Dynasty (A&E, and now at least one great national nightmare is over)
The O'Reilly Factor (Fox News, because sometimes there is justice in this world)
Bates Motel (A&E)
Underground (WGN, because all lives matter, right? What about the White Slaves?)
Bloodline (Netflix, and so it begins)
Marco Polo (Netflix, ... and the floodgates are open)
The Get Down (Netflix, don't try to convince yourself otherwise)
Turn: Washington's Spies (AMC)
Dark Matter (SyFy)
Marvel's Inhumass (AssBC)
Pictured: President Trump and his top aides calling the TV networks to cancel your favourite shows for all the pettiest reasons.
Reign (The CW)
The Vampire Diaries (The CW)
Halt and Catch Fire (AMC)
Sense8 (Netflix, will be receiving a conclusion)
Black Sails (Starz)
The Leftovers (HBO, you should watch it unless Damon Lindelof still torments you at night with the Lost finale)
The Middle (ABC)
The Originals (The CW)
New Girl (FOX)
Pictured: White Supremacy, the only thing running longer than General Hospital or Days of Our Lives, with no cancellation in sight.
The Goldbergs - sixth season
Modern Family - tenth season
The Big Bang Theory — twelfth season
The Simpsons - thirtieth season (of infinity)
This Is Us - second and third seasons
Will & Grace - revived! for a tenth season
Let's take a moment and remember all the trials and tribulations we faced last year, like when [your favourite show] was totally on the bubble and it totally didn't get cancelled at the eleventh hour because it was saved by streaming deals?
Pictured: President Trump watching CBS's Star Trek Discovery on Air Force One... not that it would ever happen, there are too many minorities in the new one! And one of them is a captain too!