• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already played mario kart and am not into splatoon and arms so the lineup is pretty baron for me but oh well. Stardew valley would be nice while I wait all the way until october for mario.

I realize that's just my tastes.

I can only speak for myself... but there's only one upcoming title that appeals to me on that chart. I've never been able to get into Fire Emblem and Xenoblade looks interesting, but I still have Persona to knock off my backlog.

Well see that's the problem. PS4 is having such a superb year pretty much anything else pales in comparison.

From one Persona fan to another, try Fire Emblem again. (though the Switch FE looks like a dynasty warriors game with fire emblem skins)

a916

Well see that's the problem. PS4 is having such a superb year pretty much anything else pales in comparison.

From one Persona fan to another, try Fire Emblem again. (though the Switch FE looks like a dynasty warriors game with fire emblem skins)

That's the thing. I'm really looking forward to Battlefront, GT Sport, Destiny and COD... and that along with Mario are going to take up the bulk of my holidays.

That's what it is, it's Fire Emblem Warriors. There's a true, mainline FE Switch game but that's not coming out until next year.

Kiro

Hey I'm back (the guy looking to buy a specific guitar).

I found a guy selling it on Amazon.ca for like half price. The condition says used-like new, but he writes that it actually has never been played but Amazon policy won't let him say it is new.

I am not sure if this guy is legit... what are my safety guarantees from buying from a third party through Amazon if the product shipped ends up being messy?

Kyolux

I found a guy selling it on Amazon.ca for like half price. The condition says used-like new, but he writes that it actually has never been played but Amazon policy won't let him say it is new.

I am not sure if this guy is legit... what are my safety guarantees from buying from a third party through Amazon if the product shipped ends up being messy?

I'd assume not much. I honestly don't know if I'd take a shot at it or not. Any idea where is this seller?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

If its a scam you'll get your money back but the bigger issue is the scammer getting access to your personal info.

Kiro

Yeah I don't trust him. Just checked out his other products and he is selling like VR head sets, blackberries and speakers for like 50% off everything. Without a single review... there is no way.

Yeah I don't trust him. Just checked out his other products and he is selling like VR head sets, blackberries and speakers for like 50% off everything. Without a single review... there is no way.
Definitely a scam. It's a good thing you looked into him before buying.

For hardware returns within 30 days, how much is usually taken off for return shipping by Amazon? On their site it mentions "The cost of standard shipping for that item."

Does that mean - based off an Xbox One S and PS4 Pro - that the shipping taken off my return will only be $3.99?

Any insight is appreciated - thanks in advance.

What do you guys think is a fair price to ask for a 32GB Wii U with Breath of the Wild? I have a couple Wiimotes that I can throw in to sweeten the pot. Is there any world in which I get $300?

Hey guys! I am moving out of my house tomorrow and heading to a temporary place, kind of a not so fun situation coming but I will have time to game. I just want to escape in a game, big time. My backlog is huge, I don't want to get too frustrated by the game and I want lots of content, mindlessly roaming around doing silly quest and seeing great places. Open to other styles, though. I am thinking Horizon. Does it sounds like the right choice? Quickly thinking I also have Breath of the Wild on Wii U but I have the Switch collector edition for my eventual switch. Also have Nier, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, last Deus Ex, FFXV, Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Rime, Stardew Valley, Valkyria Chronicles Remaster and probably forgetting a bunch and ignoring all my fighters.

Hey guys! I am moving out of my house tomorrow and heading to a temporary place, kind of a not so fun situation coming but I will have time to game. I just want to escape in a game, big time. My backlog is huge, I don't want to get too frustrated by the game and I want lots of content, mindlessly roaming around doing silly quest and seeing great places. Open to other styles, though. I am thinking Horizon. Does it sounds like the right choice? Quickly thinking I also have Breath of the Wild on Wii U but I have the Switch collector edition for my eventual switch. Also have Nier, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, last Deus Ex, FFXV, Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Rime, Stardew Valley, Valkyria Chronicles Remaster and probably forgetting a bunch and ignoring all my fighters.

Have yet to play Horizon but out of those I'd highly recommend Gravity Rush 2. You can get lost for days just zooming around buildings, grabbing gems and doing side missions.

I'd say that out of those, your best options are the Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, Gravity Rush 2, and Persona 5. If you don't already have it, I'd also wholeheartedly recommend NieR:Automata.

Jashobeam

I highly recommend Persona 5, it will last you 100 hours, although it doesn't really have mindless roaming around since it's not an open world game, you will get lost in it due to the amazing story and characters, the gameplay is also very fluid and fun.

Jashobeam

Persona might be it. Will I be "stressed" by the passing of time or it does not really matter?

nah, they give you more than enough time to finish the story missions before the deadline, just have another save file (with like 5 days before deadline) just in case you do fail to complete the mission before the deadline. I really wouldn't worry about it.

So I just ordered some amiibo from Amazon Japan since they're way cheaper than buying them from a third party here (I got Toon Link and Skyward Sword Link!). The arrival estimate was June 28th. That can't possibly be right can it? I mean it takes weeks for my packages to arrive from the US.

So I just ordered some amiibo from Amazon Japan since they're way cheaper than buying them from a third party here (I got Toon Link and Skyward Sword Link!). The arrival estimate was June 28th. That can't possibly be right can it? I mean it takes weeks for my packages to arrive from the US.

Believe it. I routinely get packages from Amazon.co.jp within two days of shipping. Hell, I probably get CDs I pre-order from Amazon Japan closer to release than games I pre-order from Amazon Canada.

kevin1025

Banned

Of the ones you mentioned, I'd say Horizon and Persona 5 definitely have what you're looking for! The rest are fantastic choices as well, but for lots of content and roaming around great areas, those are the winners. Titanfall 2 might be worth your time, too, even though it's short. It's a ton of fun and a great breather in between larger games.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I got my Famicom Classic mini on launch day a few hours before I got my NES Classic mini. Amazon.co.jp is awesome.

There was actually a story on the news about slow shipping from China. Basically Canada Post says you get what you pay for, so phone cases with free shipping are low on the priority list to be sorted.

I assume couriers and tracked shipments are faster.

Can anyone recommend a good case for the S7 edge? I checked Amazon.ca, and an overwhelming amount of the user reviews are obviously copypasta bots. Was hoping for something minimalist or transparent.

killroy87

Everyone not recommending FFXV based on what you're looking for is crazy. Lots of content to explore, stress free, and see cool environments? People recommending Persona 5 are saboteurs haha. Horizon is another good choice, but that game can actually get a bit difficult. FFXV is very good for turning your brain off and just grinding out some areas.

But the best answer is actually Zelda, just up to you if you want to play it on Wii U.

eyesradar

Titanfall 2 has awesome story campaign. Definitely spend a few hours to play it through. Great game.

Based on what you're looking for, I would recommend FFXV and Horizon.

Zelda would be the right answer but wait for your eventual Switch.

Of the ones you mentioned, I'd say Horizon and Persona 5 definitely have what you're looking for! The rest are fantastic choices as well, but for lots of content and roaming around great areas, those are the winners. Titanfall 2 might be worth your time, too, even though it's short. It's a ton of fun and a great breather in between larger games.

Wow, yeah, these are 3 perfect suggestions. Horizon can be frustrating at times but once you level up it's a breeze.

Fuzzy

I'm inside Woodside Square in Scarborough waiting at the EB for Twilight Princess Link. The EB clerk checked the stock for me and they only have 2 extra ones after preorders. I'm the only one here so if anyone is close they should get here quick. They open in 30 minutes.

AlphaTwo's a loser waiting outside in the rain at his EB.

I'm inside Woodside Square in Scarborough waiting at the EB for Twilight Princess Link. The EB clerk checked the stock for me and they only have 2 extra ones after preorders. I'm the only one here so if anyone is close they should get here quick. They open in 30 minutes.

AlphaTwo's a loser waiting outside in the rain at his EB.
Local man loses mind. Plays minecraft in the rain waiting for toy figures.
There are amiibos being released today?
3 Link Amiibos.

Fuzzy

There are amiibos being released today?
The three exclusive Link Amiibo. My Skyward Sword Link already shipped from Amazon.ca but there's still no movement on the Majora's Mask Link from BestBuy.ca. I missed Twilight Princess Link from EB previously, including last night and this morning so I just came to this one since I'm off.

Kyolux

Shit, it's starting to sink in. I'm getting my surgery in 17 days.

Those 5 weeks off work should do wonders on my backlog though.

jokkir

I totally forgot I ordered the Skyward Sword amiibo lol. Hoping I can get the Majora's Mask one in store since I didn't preorder that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom