• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you *think* only you on GAF have played

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
466869-mort_large.jpg

939702_88499_front.jpg

The second one is a Mario Party clone. Except it barely has any rules regarding the board game parts. Theres only 4 or so minigames. Don't remember all of them but one's a racing game. Another is a Bomberman clone.

Endesu

A PC/Mac CD-ROM adventure game based on a series of Edgar Allen Poe stories acted out by scary looking claymation figures. Narrated by William S. Burroughs.

Loved this game, though the 'game' parts weren't too hot. Presentation and the utilization of Poe's stories were excellent.

Also, come at me GAF:
dark_tales-1.png

Feels so cheesy and low-budget but I love it quite a bit.

Sinople

A PC/Mac CD-ROM adventure game based on a series of Edgar Allen Poe stories acted out by scary looking claymation figures. Narrated by William S. Burroughs.

I'd like to play this.

Stgx8.jpg

I've mentioned it in a few threads here but no one has ever acknowledged. If you had Sega Channel you've played this game!

I've played this.
I think there's a couple of Wolf Team fans here who've played it too.

donny2112

I imagine someone else on GAF has played it/owns it, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.

front-small.jpg

Donkey Kong Country Competition Game Pak

ZenaxPure

Have yet to see anyone mention Space Football on the SNES. Seems about right, I don't think I know anyone else who played this game. Talk about a weird Christmas present.

Pokemon Ranger on on the DS. Chances of this one are significantly higher but it's still pretty rare I bet, which is a shame because it's a really fun adventure game take on Pokemon.

Time Stalkers on the Dreamcast. Once again a better chance than Space Football but still probably low, it pretty much never comes up in those endless threads of older JRPGs. Weird roguelike + Pokemon monster catching thing made it a pretty fun play back in the day.

ranmafan

I played the Horde on my Sega Saturn back in the day. wish I had never sold it, always loved it.

For me, hmm, I always feel that people haven't played the games in the Gundam Ghiren's Ambition series, which has been some of the best and most fun strategy games I've ever played. But I'm sure others have played it here. Also the Japanese adventure game, Revive for dreamcast. I really liked that one too and not sure if anyone tried it as well.

how about games that I played that I sincerely love and is my favorite game of this generation that gaf would scowl at ..

shadowrun FPS

honestly, I'll never forgive microsoft for what they did to that gem.

I'd still be playing it today if it had map packs / community / I didn't drop kick my 360 :(

</3 h8 u msoft

Velcro Mind

An incredibly fun little PC freeware game from the nineties where you grab colored balls that fly around the screen with a paddle that also has four colors. You must rotate the paddle so the part that touches the ball is the same color.

NFreak

I doubt I'm the ONLY person that's played this game on here but it's the only one I can think of that I haven't heard much about.

D3dKp.jpg

Unicorn

Everblue_2_Coverart.png

Played this twice 100% through and still love it more than Endless Ocean and its sequel. This is an underwater treasure diving game done right.

So yeah... an obscure fantastic game on an obscure genre.

I've played that. Fucking loved it too. Fuck dem sharks. I had to stop playing becuase I actually got scared. But, I wish that Endless Ocean had threats, because I stopped playing out of boredom.

Off the top of my head:

Spell of Destruction (C64)

T5jEt.gif

Fairlight (C64)

2Aqqx.png

K.C. Munchkin (Oddyssey 2)

SPtS5.gif

Pick Axe Pete (Oddyssey 2)

3ZnmP.jpg

Phantasie I, II and III (C64)

5fpRM.png

Legacy of the Ancients (C64)

gyhVA.png

Salsa

Heart of Darkness - PC/PS1 (as far as i know)
I have never met anyone who has heard of it, let alone played it. It was really fucking hard for me! I never beat it. The intro was really cool. I hope someone on GAF has played it, because then I won't feel so alone.

http://i.imgur.com/69CsO.jpg[/ IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hdRzj.jpg[/ IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mSVJ6.jpg[ /IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cUmaq.jpg[/ IMG]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MclIvXqkn8"]here's the intro
[/URL][/QUOTE]

really? this was a game by Eric Chahi man, one of my favorite games as a kid.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Let's have a thread where we attempt post the most obscure game that we can think of that we have played in our past that surely no one else on GAF have played and take glory in foiling other gaffers' confidence in their picks.

Rules: Be honest and don't pick games of which you don't know the titles.

Okay, h-he-here I go...

Aldo's Adventure
EoOJ8.gif

A friend of mine had only this and another game on his family's PC. I am ashamed to say I played too much of this Donkey Kong clone. Just look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVPyxYOH8D8

Lol, Aldo. I remember playing that game on my dad's laptop... was actually pretty fun, despite the glitches.

My game I'd choose for this would be:

tsunami_2265_frontcover_large_9qk1t2YhCRuT6OB.jpg

which is NOT something to be proud of.

Kokonoe

Banned
wat

This has to be the weirdest product-placement games in existence?

I picked it up back in 2001-2004ish because it was only like 2.99$ at Gamestop, and the cover was pretty worn, so I couldn't see what I was getting into.

Needless to say, it's quite a hilarious and terrible experience.

Q59vj.png

Sidzed2

Okay, so there was this old game I used to play on my first Windows 95 PC. You played as a red spaceship flying around a grid. You viewed the action from a birds eye view and shot down grey enemy spaceships as they flew around the grid. Thas pretty much all there was to it. I wanna say it was called something similar to "Star Raiders"...

Please help, this is driving me crazy. Maybe I'm the only one to have ever played it!!!

Deadly_Towers_boxart.png

played it back when i was a kid during the NES days. actually completed it, too.
I played and beat that one too, I think it's got quite a worse rap than it deserved. I especially liked the music. To beat it though I had to make my own maps of the areas showing where the seemingly random teleporters were and where they would teleport you to.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was waiting for a thread like this to say how awesome this game is. Ladies and Gentlemen, Tactilcal Ops:

Tactical_Ops_AoT_cover.jpg

90298_large.jpeg

Tactical+ops.jpg

Best multiplayer game ever!

Endesu

20241060-450x450-0-0_The+Ring.jpg

Best Survival Horror game on the DC. The Ring > Code Veronica

Really? I dunno... not a fan of Code Veronica either, but I thought The Ring was pretty terribad. Trying to think of some redeeming features... some of the music later in the game was okay?

linko9

Anyone else play the Quest for Camelot game on the Gameboy?

There are some others that I can't remember the names of, like this awesome one where you're a space monkey and have to collect rings and diamonds and shit, and crush crabs with rocks, and get keys and unlock doors. Basically the greatest game ever, but I can't remember the name of it :( It was an early flash game (on "shockmachine"), but might have been a port from another system, as many "shockmachine" games were. Really wish I could remember the name of that game.

lunchtoast

Are You Afraid of the Dark: the tale of orpheo's curse

Also, any and every DOS game, like Indy 500 and Grand Prix. And Hugo's House of Horror.

My cousins had Indy 500 and played it all the time. This was around '97 so even then it was old.

Top Bottom