• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox360: $50 Price Cut coming (weekend of 7/6)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
B-Rad Lascelle said:
Pachter's job is to sound like he's right about everything.
That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

Sales predictions are not Pachter's job. Thats just something he does on the side

Sibylus

Banned
Is there any reason to believe the price cut would also happen up here in Canada?

I'm going to be buying a 360 very soon here, and I'd very much appreciate the money saved.

Botolf said:
Is there any reason to believe the price cut would also happen up here in Canada?

I'm going to be buying a 360 very soon here, and I'd very much appreciate the money saved.
Xbox Live with it, of course.

Juice

So 26 months after launch, it'll be all of 25% / $100 cheaper than at launch? Are they even serious about competing with the Wii? (Aside from ripping off the controller next month)

<sarcasm>*Ooohh. Impressive*</sarcasm>

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Juice said:
So 26 months after launch, it'll be all of 25% / $100 cheaper than at launch? Are they even serious about competing with the Wii? (Aside from ripping off the controller next month)

<sarcasm>*Ooohh. Impressive*</sarcasm>

Neither of them consider themselves competing with the Wii anymore. They have already accepted defeat.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Agent Icebeezy said:
This, in my mind, proves that bundles are going to be in effect this year. The thing is, the Forza/Marvel bundle was huge. The proper game pairings should do similar numbers or better. I think that a Rare game should get a bundle along with an EA game or Activision again.

Please be Gears of War/Dead Rising, that would be pretty darn sweet.

M-rated bundle for the win.

ChaoticBlue said:
great news. i probably get the arcade version to complement my ps3. i'm not into xbox live so no need for the HDD.
Even if you never play a single game online with someone, if you are hardcore enough gamer to post on NeoGAF owning an arcade is a bad call. Longer load times on many games, no backwards compatibility, no space for most downloadable content or games, no way to try demos, etc.

Pachael

Agent Icebeezy said:
Neither of them consider themselves competing with the Wii anymore. They have already accepted defeat.

Didn't you already get the memo? It's now 'the battle between HD systems'. The Wii won this generation half a year ago.

Pachael said:
Didn't you already get the memo? It's now 'the battle between HD systems'. The Wii won this generation half a year ago.
I see this the other way, yes wii has won,now, but HD TVs are selling more than ever, in two years HDTVs will be 90% of tvs sold, will wiis still being outsold by ps3 or 360's? the wii high-point is ending in the next month or two with wii-fit. go ahead and call me crazy, but in 6 months the wii craze will be over.

Sushen

B-Rad Lascelle said:
Pachter's job is to sound like he's right about everything.
That's why he gets paid the big bucks.
Being sound like is one thing and actually being right is another thing. Any industry insider should be able to make his kind of predictions with more accuracy. Only difference is that he charges big dough for his "opinions".

Tobor

Scottlarock said:
I see this the other way, yes wii has won,now, but HD TVs are selling more than ever, in two years HDTVs will be 90% of tvs sold, will wiis still being outsold by ps3 or 360's? the wii high-point is ending in the next month or two with wii-fit. go ahead and call me crazy, but in 6 months the wii craze will be over.

Come the fuck on. Get a clue, seriously.

Odysseus

Banned
Scottlarock said:

you're not crazy. just stupid.

HolyStar

Banned
I think it is a good move. Even though they lost to the Wii already, they can still beat Sony. Well, they have a chance anyway. I think that with inflation and everything, $300 is what $200 was 5 years ago. Still, don't know how many new people will buy video games with the bad economy and all.

jakncoke

Banned
awesome, but I'm so scared of getting a premium because I'm afraid I'll run out of room. hopefully Elite see's a price reduction as well.

a Master Ninja said:
Even if you never play a single game online with someone, if you are hardcore enough gamer to post on NeoGAF owning an arcade is a bad call. Longer load times on many games, no backwards compatibility, no space for most downloadable content or games, no way to try demos, etc.
if your not online, demos or downloadable content would not matter.

Speevy

Banned
Scottlarock said:
mark today and in 6 months. =)

The problem with the "Wii craze" is that its nearest competitor (the Xbox 360) has a sales ceiling of roughly what the N64 managed to sell.

And then we have the PS3, which could probably manage within 5 million give or take of what MS sells.

So whether the Wii stops selling or not, the Xbox 360 and PS3 are not going to replace it. Sad but true.

Tobor

Scottlarock said:
mark today and in 6 months. =)

Picture2.png

done.

Agent Icebeezy said:
They are going to destroy both the 360 and the PS3 at Christmas. Don't do this to yourself.
ya, I see walmart still have lines when people here they have them, but IMO it is slowly changing with people buying HD TVs. scratch that, HD consoles will beat wii this christmas. who buys 4:3 tvs now?

Tobor

Scottlarock said:
ya, I see walmart still have lines when people here they have them, but IMO it is slowly changing with people buying HD TVs. scratch that, HD consoles will beat wii this christmas. who buys 4:3 tvs now?

The hole is large, yet you keep digging.

Scottlarock said:

Doesn't Japan have a high rate of HD TV adoption? How are the HD consoles selling there?
Here's a hint: poorly.

Oh well at least now I have another holiday to celebrate in December. Do we get presents on "scottlarock has no clue" day?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Scottlarock said:

People are already playing the Wii on their Wegas and Bravias dude.

gdt

Scottlarock said:

Christ!

Anywho, whats the percentage of total HDTV's sold in Japan? Whats the leading console?

Yeah.

Speevy

Banned
Odysseus said:
i'm playing my ps2 on my sammy

ps2

I would love to play PS2 games more than I do, but the total number of PS2 games that will fill the screen AND let me see the whole picture is pathetic.

C4Lukins

Tmac said:
Thats kind of disapointing. M$ has to be more agressive, they are loosing terrain, and fast.

20K a month. Possibly 100K this month. At this rate, well no need for the punchline.

pr0cs

Botolf said:
Found a Futureshop bundle that tosses free Gears and Halo 3 in:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10098283&catid=

Now here's hoping they cut the price like the US.
Great price, there may be a price cut but if they do I would imagine that retailers will cut out any of the additional software. So if those are games you planned on buying (or were even moderately interested in) that is a better deal than a $50 price cut.

I doubt that they'll cut the price now to be honest, I think it will come in August. As usual price cut rumors come out prior to game/electronic shows.

Proc

ooooo 50 fucking dollars. thanks for helping out the people who can't afford your console. that goes a long fucking way. fucking publicity stunt, surrre the people who couldn't afford it before surree can now! fuck off.

Not good enough, especially if this is the permanent price drop. Sales will go up for a month or two and return exactly where they were before. 50 bucks is just a drop in the bucket. People that wanted a 360 and couldn't afford one sure as hell aren't going to spring for a 50 bucks discount.

RBH

Proc said:
ooooo 50 fucking dollars. thanks for helping out the people who can't afford your console. that goes a long fucking way. fucking publicity stunt, surrre the people who couldn't afford it before surree can now! fuck off.

Proc
Banned
(Today, 01:45 AM)
Reply | Quote

Holy shit, that was quick. :lol

Top Bottom