• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Grief.exe

I got impatient

eLYPpFn.png

TaroYamada

I'm thinking we can maybe pass 2000 before the 24 hour mark. Which would be good, I think, it would actually be more than 10% of the votes that the operation rainfall campaign had for all the sega games in its poll and that lasted a rather long time. I think we have traction but as Grief mentioned we need your help in getting this out to the press. Him and I have tweeted some folks, I've messaged a few youtube personalities as well as (long shot right now) J.Schreier here on NeoGAF to see what he thinks.

We need to maintain momentum. Grief and I believe that the best way to do so, if you don't mind, is to start trying to get this in front of journalists or youtube personalities.

Thanks for your effort and enthusiasm everybody, let's make it worthwhile.

edit: also virtuafighter.com has just told me they'll have a frontpage story on this shortly.

TaroYamada

All the reddit stuff seems to be marked as [removed].

Is there a no petition policy on reddit or something?

Shitty, that's lame, only r/steam is still up. Not cool, not cool at all. The post was even marked as "High Quality" on r/PCMasterRace :( they still removed it!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Reddit's filled with nothing but powerhungry megalomaniac 14 year olds, I don't know why we keep going over there. They only want to take action when you dare wish to take away their extremely disgusting, questionable content filled subreddits.

TaroYamada

Reddit's filled with nothing but powerhungry megalomaniac 14 year olds, I don't know why we keep going over there. They only want to take action when you dare wish to take away their extremely disgusting, questionable content filled subreddits.

It wasn't against the rules at all in r/pcmasterrace, a mod even participated in the masterrace thread.

Grief.exe

It helps to organize people and let them in on certain situations. Its one of the most popular gaming-related sites on the internet, helps to have that many people on board.

I mean can I even start over now? I don't know if I will get such a warm reception the same time.

I can't believe I made it into the top page of r/gaming, that was a surprise.

TaroYamada

First success with a youtube personality, Maximilian gave a retweet about the campaign. Previously mentioned VFDC article will go live later tonight (PST).

TaroYamada

He is the producer/executive producer for pretty much all of Platinum's Games. He is the business man behind the operation and people like Kamiya are part of the creative portion of Platinum.
Asking Kamiya things that are out of his control will most likely get you blocked from sending him messages.

only if you do it repetitively, he's a bit of a grump-o-saurus though, it's true.

TaroYamada

z1ggy

Valve + PG would be an awesome partnership. Give them a Portal spin off.

I was thinking that maybe there is an agreedment between Nintendo and SEGA regarding the first Bayonetta.

Grief.exe

Valve + PG would be an awesome partnership. Give them a Portal spin off.

I was thinking that maybe there is an agreedment between Nintendo and SEGA regarding the first Bayonetta.

I would prefer it if Valve just financed a new IP from Platinum and give them creative freedom.

I feel like that is Platinum at their finest.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
If you want to vote then vote with your money. I hope Rising sold enough to make Sega take notice.

Konami published the Steam version of Rising.

Sega, probably more than any other japanese dev or publisher, has really embraced steam the last 3 years or so. It's just that some of their decisions have been strange imo. Like giving us sega bass fishing instead of something like skies of arcadia. I think this petition is a good idea because it will give them an idea of the kind of games that will garner the most interest.

TaroYamada

did anyone post on the GFAQS pc board? CAG?

I don't believe so and feel free to post in those forums or any other communities you feel might be interested that you're involved with. It's about spreading the word.

I expect it to hit 2000 by the time I wake up.

Nope, I'm closing this petition at 1,999. Not gonna happen. Too bad, so sad, make your own petition.

I hope it does hit 2k by whatever time you awake!

If you want to vote then vote with your money. I hope Rising sold enough to make Sega take notice.

I think many of us already have, SEGA is probably the single most popular publisher in my moderately sized 200+ game PC library. It used to be THQ but for obvious reason SEGA's surpassed them.

Top Bottom