• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Fuchsdh

May install Minecraft and log-on tomorrow. Never played the Java version though, so not sure how well it'll run on my Surface.

Should be playable, although I don't think it'll be spectacular. I believe Charlie tried it out back in the day on his and got decent results.

Have you been on the server before? If not, you need to be whitelisted (I'll need your MC username.)

Should be playable, although I don't think it'll be spectacular. I believe Charlie tried it out back in the day on his and got decent results.

Have you been on the server before? If not, you need to be whitelisted (I'll need your MC username.)

Is my username the same as my Mojang account name?

Doesn't anyone on GAF play the W10/pocket edition and have a realm with an open spot? If not I might just make one.

I've heard about issues with chunks resetting on the Windows 10 / pocket version of Realms. Has that been resolved, or was the issue just overblown in the first place?

molnizzle

I've heard about issues with chunks resetting on the Windows 10 / pocket version of Realms. Has that been resolved, or was the issue just overblown in the first place?

No idea, I haven't played in forever. Just looking to get back into it on PC and wanted to play on a server with at least a few other people.

edit: I just started a new realm. If anyone wants to join, my GT is same as here on GAF.

-Minsc-

No way to get a map onto Minecraftworldmap.com without trimming it (it's too large), and have tried and failed to get client-side options working (they usually require a litany of stuff to precompile).

What every Minecraft server needs is an Admin legitimately enjoys taking all the time to figure this stuff out. I was only able to do that for the short term.

molnizzle

So I'm getting to the wall that I always hit in Minecraft where I've played about 20 hours or so, have a decent lair and iron equipment, and now I don't know what do do. I really wish I could play on a server or something and see what other people do. I read about all this crazy shit that's in the game but I don't understand any of it.

So I'm getting to the wall that I always hit in Minecraft where I've played about 20 hours or so, have a decent lair and iron equipment, and now I don't know what do do. I really wish I could play on a server or something and see what other people do. I read about all this crazy shit that's in the game but I don't understand any of it.

Have you defeated the Ender Dragon?

Fuchsdh

Some new images from travels on the server.

NAMUmct.png
V7ttNte.png
0aNkJqk.png
NGlyrXk.png

molnizzle

Oh boy do you have a lot of game left to cover :D

Yeah starting to feel that way. Just kinda boring basically reading a wiki figuring out how to advance. Wish I had others to play with.

If any of y'all play Pocket Edition or Windows 10, I've got a realm going on a pretty cool seed. Just me on it right now though. lol

So I just booted up the game for the first time in quite a while and was greeted with this at the launcher:

Does anyone know the name of that skin?? I never knew how much I wanted cel-shaded Minecraft until now O:

molnizzle

So I just booted up the game for the first time in quite a while and was greeted with this at the launcher:

Does anyone know the name of that skin?? I never knew how much I wanted cel-shaded Minecraft until now O:

The official "Plastic" skin looks quite similar to that.

L.O.R.D

hi,i need help here with minecraft on PC
i bought the PC version,not windows 10 version for my little brother
he has desktop PC
i5 6400
8GB DDR4
MSI GTX770 2GB
but sometimes the game FPS become very low and unplayable.

i don't know anything about the game,what would be the cause?

Fuchsdh

hi,i need help here with minecraft on PC
i bought the PC version,not windows 10 version for my little brother
he has desktop PC
i5 6400
8GB DDR4
MSI GTX770 2GB
but sometimes the game FPS become very low and unplayable.

i don't know anything about the game,what would be the cause?

You can allocate more RAM in the specialty JVM arguments portion of the launcher options, which can help. If you're just starting up on a new world is it laggy, or just on existing worlds?

L.O.R.D

You can allocate more RAM in the specialty JVM arguments portion of the launcher options, which can help. If you're just starting up on a new world is it laggy, or just on existing worlds?

i don't really know,my brother play survival but limited items and he get low FPS,and my other brother play everything is avaiable with cheats and he never get low FPS on his map.

The official "Plastic" skin looks quite similar to that.

There are official skins!?

Man I am a newborn when it comes to modding Minecraft, the only change I've ever made was making Steve look like Finn from Adventure Time. Where can I get the official Plastic skin? I did some Google searches and found some that look close but I have no idea if any of them were the same one you're talking about.

molnizzle

There are official skins!?

Man I am a newborn when it comes to modding Minecraft, the only change I've ever made was making Steve look like Finn from Adventure Time. Where can I get the official Plastic skin? I did some Google searches and found some that look close but I have no idea if any of them were the same one you're talking about.

I dunno about Java version, but there's an in-game DLC store in Windows 10/Pocket. "Plastic" is $2.99 and is basically cel-shaded. Only way I play.

How is the Windows 10 version these days? Is it still really far behind the Java version? I much prefer it because of the better performance, but I'm always playing the Java version because of all the new features.

molnizzle

How is the Windows 10 version these days? Is it still really far behind the Java version? I much prefer it because of the better performance, but I'm always playing the Java version because of all the new features.

Don't have any basis for comparison, but I know the Java version is still ahead.

Fuchsdh

Basically they've synced up Pocket/Windows/console versions pretty effectively now, so they're all roughly up to 1.11, so a point update behind the Java version (possible two depending on how soon the colorful update comes out.)

Basically they've synced up Pocket/Windows/console versions pretty effectively now, so they're all roughly up to 1.11, so a point update behind the Java version (possible two depending on how soon the colorful update comes out.)

Wow, that's progressed a ton since I last played it. This version is the most exciting for me since it's getting us closer to that cross platform dream. I've got a ton of friends that play, but everyone is either on Xbox, PS4 or PC and obviously none of us can play together. I'd love to just get a Realms subscription split between all of us.

Fuchsdh

Wow, that's progressed a ton since I last played it. This version is the most exciting for me since it's getting us closer to that cross platform dream. I've got a ton of friends that play, but everyone is either on Xbox, PS4 or PC and obviously none of us can play together. I'd love to just get a Realms subscription split between all of us.

Interestingly enough searching Google news recently popped up this: https://mspoweruser.com/minecrafts-...ill-be-a-4k-launch-title-for-project-scorpio/

So at least for Windows PCs that's definitely looking more and more possible.

I dunno about Java version, but there's an in-game DLC store in Windows 10/Pocket. "Plastic" is $2.99 and is basically cel-shaded. Only way I play.

Oh shit, I'll have to look when I get home. I'm still on Java I guess (I play on my iMac) but I hope it's there. For all the hours and hours and hours of fun Minecraft has given me I'll happily kick them $3 to make it look like that.

Does anyone know, if the Java version doesn't have the storefront is there any way to still get the skin pack (like on their website) or is the store exclusive to the Win10 version?

Fuchsdh

Oh shit, I'll have to look when I get home. I'm still on Java I guess (I play on my iMac) but I hope it's there. For all the hours and hours and hours of fun Minecraft has given me I'll happily kick them $3 to make it look like that.

Does anyone know, if the Java version doesn't have the storefront is there any way to still get the skin pack (like on their website) or is the store exclusive to the Win10 version?

You can install resource packs on Java version too, and they should all be free. This is the first similar result I found on Google, but something akin to this should be easy to find: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/smoothcraft-19-pre-releases/

(You just need to see that the packs are reasonably up to date.)

I'm guessing I need to be a full member of the 'GAF before I'd be whitelisted on the server? And it's survival, right? I love vanilla survival MC the most.

-Minsc-

I'm guessing I need to be a full member of the 'GAF before I'd be whitelisted on the server? And it's survival, right? I love vanilla survival MC the most.

NeoCRAFT isn't active enough for us to be that restrictive. Feel free to invite friends, they don't need to be to be members of GAF. What is most important is that those who come to the server is to respect the builds of others.

Unicorn

Tried to boot up my server again and updated Java and the server files after minecraft also updated. Loaded the world up in SP, but my server will not let me connect.

On server boot up I get some errors, but then it loads up just fine in the gui, but I can't connect within the game. Not even localhost works.

EDIT: Figured it out. Just redid everything and went step by step in the config to change from a new world to what my old was.

Mik2121

Been playing on the Switch, but wanted to check back the PC version because of all the cool screenshots on the official website. For how much they upload all those cool lighting and stuff screenshots, actually getting that to work seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

What should I do if I wanted to play with some neat lighting going on? Seems like I need to install some mod that installs some shader packs that also includes something else or whatnot?

Fuchsdh

Been playing on the Switch, but wanted to check back the PC version because of all the cool screenshots on the official website. For how much they upload all those cool lighting and stuff screenshots, actually getting that to work seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

What should I do if I wanted to play with some neat lighting going on? Seems like I need to install some mod that installs some shader packs that also includes something else or whatnot?

Probably the easiest way now is to install Optifine, which has shader support now. Then you just download and drag a shaders set like Sliders' into a folder in your MC directory and then turn it on via the preferences in-game.

-Minsc-

Hi friends, been a while since I hopped in here. Anything fun going on with the server lately? :)

That's a very good question. It sounds like the next patch will soon hit. Clicking a few buttons to update the server will likely be my degree of fun in the near future.

I believe there are a few recent new faces playing on the server.

Mik2121

That's a very good question. It sounds like the next patch will soon hit. Clicking a few buttons to update the server will likely be my degree of fun in the near future.

I believe there are a few recent new faces playing on the server.
Hey Minsc, the OP info is kinda old so I was wondering, for the NeoCraft server, what version do I need to have installed?
Also, do you know more or less how many active people are there?

-Minsc-

Hey Minsc, the OP info is kinda old so I was wondering, for the NeoCraft server, what version do I need to have installed?
Also, do you know more or less how many active people are there?

The server is kept up to day with the mainline vanilla release. Currently that is 1.11.2. While I don't play, I believe there's a few regulars who are on near daily. Then there's another bunch who cycle in and out when they have time. So, 1 to 3 regulars with a peak of 6?

The server is kept up to day with the mainline vanilla release. Currently that is 1.11.2. While I don't play, I believe there's a few regulars who are on near daily. Then there's another bunch who cycle in and out when they have time. So, 1 to 3 regulars with a peak of 6?

Sounds good. I'll be one of those who are popping in more often. :)

Top Bottom