• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toryuken | Fighting game tournament | May 19-20

USD

Trailer
Official Games Trailer

STREAM

There will be two streams for the event, provided by TorontoTopTiers:

Stream 1: http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers
Stream 2: http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2

INFO

Toryuken, to be held at the Hyatt Regency Toronto in Toronto, Ontario is the first of two Canada tournaments in the Road to EVO 2012 season.

Autumn Games is sponsoring yet another tournament with a $300 bonus. The winner of the Skullgirls tournament will take him this custom Foe Hammer stick:

7217277042_c5ed72960c.jpg

SPONSORS
Autumn Games
A & C Games
Canadian Joysticks
Just-Eat
GDLK Apparel
Cyber City Comix
Mad Catz
TwitchTV

GAMES

BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND
The King of Fighters XIII
Mortal Kombat
Skullgirls
SoulCalibur V
Street Fighter X Tekken
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
Tekken 6
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

PLAYERS

AIR
Blitzman
Dieminion
Eric Hai
Joker
Justin Wong
Killacam
Maxter
Riceata
RDK
REO
Snafoo
WolfKrone

SCHEDULE

*All times are in EDT (UTC -4)*

SATURDAY

Stream 1
12:00p-4:00p – SSFIV AE Singles
4:00p-8:00p – UMvC3 Singles
8:00p-12a – SFXTK 2v2

Stream 2
1:00p-3:00p – The King of Fighters XIII
3:00p-5:00p – SoulCalibur V
5:00p-8:00p – Mortal Kombat

SUNDAY

Stream 1
11:00a-12:00p – Tekken 6 Top 3
12:00p-1:00p – BlazBlue Top 3
1:00p-2:00p – The King of Fighters XIII Top 2
2:00p-3:00p – SoulCalibur V Top 4
3:00p-4:00p – Skullgirls Top 4
4:00p-6:00p – Mortal Kombat Top 8
6:00p-8:00p – SSFIV AE Top 8
8:00p-10:00p – SFXTK Top 4
10:00p-12:00a – UMvC3 Top 8

Stream 2
12:00p-3:00p – SSFIV AE Top 16 to Top 8
3:00p-6:00p – UMvC3 Top 16 to Top 8

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
how dare you leave ponpo out of the player list! Kidding probably not going and they aren't running EXVS apparently so ( ̄ー ̄)

USD

Yeah, I got a bit lazy with the names, but I'm always like that now haha. It's only easy to do when you have a registration or pool list.

AAK

I was going to travel there... but it had to coincide with another conference I'm attending. Good luck to all GAFers attending.

Ravidrath

Awesome - came in here to post the Skullgirls prize stick, and it was already in the OP!

Also, GDLK Apparel will be selling this exclusive, limited edition shirt at Toryuken and Montreal Annual Tournament.

7223159930_1a6855d620_b.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I will boycott this thread until ponpo's name is added to the players list. Let justice be served.

Aw yeah backup.

I noticed quite a few gaf people are going to this event. All of you also have to go to Montreal in a couple of weeks as well!

Love watching UMvC3 even though I suck at it and don't even understand some of what is going on. I'll probably leave this on while playing Xenoblade this weekend...life is good /nerd

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm competing in UMvC3 and gonna get blown the fuck up.

I entered as GAF Enzo. I hope I don't embarass GAF by getting put on stream tomorrow.

Is Marvel 2/3 or 3/5?
2/3. Every game is the same as the standard Evo rules.

Also shout outs to Reverge Labs for that tee and stick.

wingz

Was hoping to enter this tournament, maybe next time.

Hoping that Jwong/Die/Wolfkrone, don't make Toronto/Canada look so free...

ismk

I can't believe that they're putting such a huge emphasis on SFxT. The game is barely alive especially after the recent update.

I'll go...on Sunday probably. If you see someone with a Hsien-Ko/Phoenix Wright/Amaterasu (human) stick it's definitely me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't believe that they're putting such a huge emphasis on SFxT. The game is barely alive especially after the recent update.
According to their site, SFxTK had less entrants than they anticipated so they moved part of the pot bonus to SSFIV.

According to their site, SFxTK had less entrants than they anticipated so they moved part of the pot bonus to SSFIV.

If that was the case then I assume the decision to give SFxT a bigger pot bonus and probably more air time before was because it was planned months in advance before the shit storm that came after SFxT came out. Toryuken wasn't the first event to make changes to the schedule after SFxT didn't become the new big hit that people thought it would be.

Quadratic

Hey Enzo is it crowded yet? I'll be there at 11:30-ish. If you want to say hi I'll be wearing a black donkey kong shirt with a grey backpack.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey Enzo is it crowded yet? I'll be there at 11:30-ish. If you want to say hi I'll be wearing a black donkey kong shirt with a grey backpack.
Not crowded
Yeah but people are pouring in now.

Where y'all at? I'm a slightly anorexic looking brown kid with a blue shirt with a skull on it. Hair gelled slightly. Currently watching UMvC3 casuals to regain confidence from participating in them.

Wong just arrived.

Grecco

Yeah but people are pouring in now.

Where y'all at? I'm a slightly anorexic looking brown kid with a blue shirt with a skull on it. Hair gelled slightly. Currently watching UMvC3 casuals to regain confidence from participating in them.

Wong just arrived.

CHALENGE HIM TO A MM!

I saw Joker earlier. No set of teeth to be seen.

Out here like an FGC groupie/Stream monster would be.

Do what I did at EVO last year. When you see well known players doing casuals/MM, just stand behind them watching there matches like a giggly school girl while never having the courage to participate yourself.

Top Bottom