• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCkOC87UAAAXv1T.jpg

Started From the bottom

DCkOnD3UMAAUY3j.jpg

Now we're here.

See, this makes me appreciate Frieza's golden form in ways I never thought I would.

HardRojo

I hope this kind of animation is a sign of things to come for the tournament. If all fights are decently animated then it might be the best arc in Super so far.

I hope this kind of animation is a sign of things to come for the tournament. If all fights are decently animated then it might be the best arc in Super so far.

Them having Shida animate two weeks before the tournament starts seems like a pretty big hint that they have some great people lined up for the early part of the tournament.
Tiger Mask ends in a few weeks and that show has a great production schedule, in all likelihood the production has already finished on that show and I feel like we have a pretty good chance to see some of that show's outstanding staff work on Super.

HardRojo

could be Universe 6 fighter?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking and I wonder if he's got more stuff to show, seeing as how the Yardrat were presented as an interesting race with great abilities like the IT.
Them having Shida animate two weeks before the tournament starts seems like a pretty big hint that they have some great people lined up for the early part of the tournament.
Tiger Mask ends in a few weeks and that show has a great production schedule, in all likelihood the production has already finished on that show and I feel like we have a pretty good chance to see some of that show's outstanding staff work on Super.
Oh, hopefully they've got some surprises for us fans, I know these last 2 episodes have made my hype meter go insane.

Crocodile

Wow this episode was nuts. Art & animation were on point, Freiza was on his A game, etc. One of the best episodes of Super yet. Replacing Buu with Freiza turned out to be a big upgrade. I'm a bit confused though - was Goku fake struggling or conserving his energy with the Energy of Destruction? If he can still get a cross-counter KO with Golden Frieza then he has to be on par with him right? I'm also not sure how I feel about Goku trying to cover for Frieza? Small nitpicks in an otherwise fantastic episode :)

As an aside, here's some random cosplay I found online:

tumblr_oro4qk9Fpx1qfyavgo1_1280.jpg

sensui-tomo

so anyone else wish freeza and goku would have gone more into that discussion about "Whats the difference of me killing them now vs their universe getting erased later" or is goku going to just ignore that his universe winning means genocide on a scale freeza wishes he could pull off.

Mory Dunz

Wow this episode was nuts. Art & animation were on point, Freiza was on his A game, etc. One of the best episodes of Super yet. Replacing Buu with Freiza turned out to be a big upgrade. I'm a bit confused though - was Goku fake struggling or conserving his energy with the Energy of Destruction? If he can still get a cross-counter KO with Golden Frieza then he has to be on par with him right? I'm also not sure how I feel about Goku trying to cover for Frieza? Small nitpicks in an otherwise fantastic episode :)

Nah, it makes sense.
Goku wants to use Frieza in the tournament.

But 100x more importantly, Goku wants to fight Frieza. Beerus getting ticked and destroying him would rid goku of that chance. I mean,
he invented a challenge at the end just to fight Frieza anyway.

Goku saving Vegeta after he killed his friends and beat the eff out of his son shows that Goku cares about one thing over all: Fighting the strongest people.

Syntsui

So, between beating poachers and doing absolutely nothing while trapped (ok, concentrating), what is the best training method? lmao

To be fair, that's not the first time meditating considerably improved someone's power, we just had that with Trunks on the last arc.

Anyway, this chapter looked incredible, the only bad shots were some weird frontal Freeza's shots with some huge nose. I secretly hope he will plot something that actualy works together with Frost and somehow becomes the biggest threat when the tournament gets interrupted, because we KNOW it will get interrupted.

So, between beating poachers and doing absolutely nothing while trapped (ok, concentrating), what is the best training method? lmao

To be fair, that's not the first time meditating considerably improved someone's power, we just had that with Trunks on the last arc.

Anyway, this chapter looked incredible, the only bad shots were some weird frontal Freeza's shots with some huge nose. I secretly hope he will plot something that actualy works together with Frost and somehow becomes the biggest threat when the tournament gets interrupted, because we KNOW it will get interrupted.

Freeza just got control of his ki in his Golden form.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Hmm...

All this really goes to show is that the humans really are just incredibly weak because Toriyama chose to do nothing with them. That's all it takes. Just develop some characters. There is no law/rule in the DB universe that says humans need to be stuck in early Frieza saga power levels

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would be okay with the thread title being changed to "Yamcha is FAKE NEWS" now that we know for a fact that the "leak" was fake.

The leak never mentioned Yamcha specifically though. Besides, the Freeza betrayal thing is definitely real, even if it's just partially true.

Rutger

Banned
Like everyone has said, that episode looked amazing.

Pretty cool story wise too. I look forward to seeing Frieza betray U7 and cause a ton of problems in this arc. It really feels like it's building up to call Goku out on his carelessness that has been a problem for him for so many years, things may have worked out with Piccolo, Vegeta, and Buu, but you've given Frieza way too many chances now, haha.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Is this the first time we've heard that a GoD 'hakai' technique actually completely destroys them to the point that they don't even go to the otherworld? Kind of think that is going to be the ultimate fate of Freiza this arc.
Yup so the move is complete deletion

So they didn't just add Freeza to the ED, they changed the post processing on it as well.
Left old, right new.

The leak never mentioned Yamcha specifically though. Besides, the Freeza betrayal thing is definitely real, even if it's just partially true.

It said Freeza would defect to Universe 4 and that U7 would be down a man before the tournament. It was full on fake.
I don't think Freeza is going to do a full betrayal, I think he's going to side with Frost, take down some goons, then blind side Frost and join back up with the U7 guys.

Syntsui

Freeza/Frost plan might involve persuading the Gods of the universes that end up losing to rebel against their destruction. Maybe together they could come up with a way to neutralize both Zeno and his guardian, hell maybe it could involve the guardian if he really end up being bad.

There are so many possibilities now that we have a guy like Freeza involved in all of this and the fact that we know for sure he will do something just makes me excited beyond belief, this is the highest point of the entire series IMO, PLS DON'T FUCK UP.

And people were insane to doubt Frieza's return, and how badass it would be!? Wow!

Frieza introduces so many potentially interesting plot lines.

So let me get this straight... Frieza got much much stronger while in hell due to his utter hatred of all things cute? Mental training of killing Goku and hatred of all that is good makes people stronger... who would of known!

Style

Banned
This episode was so good. The art looked really great and not just that, not sure how to put words on it, but the story flow seemed so much better this episode than usually. Usually it feels like the episodes are just put together by small scenarios/scenes stitched together to make a full episode, but this one felt more whole with good transitions. The last 4 minutes are an example of this (from when Freeza and Goku's punch connects to the credit roll) or in the middle of the episode when Freeza backstabs Goku and it cuts to Zeno and then back while the background music continues.

I really hope they keep up this kind of quality with both the art and storyboarding. Ah well, they probably won't because the show is on a tight schedule, but a man can dream!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So they didn't just add Freeza to the ED, they changed the post processing on it as well.
Left old, right new.

It said Freeza would defect to Universe 4 and that U7 would be down a man before the tournament. It was full on fake.
I don't think Freeza is going to do a full betrayal, I think he's going to side with Frost, take down some goons, then blind side Frost and join back up with the U7 guys.

The original leak still got several things right though, including 97's tournament start, 98 being a no title yet and 94+95 being a Freeza two-parter. They also got the U9 assassin's bit right and the element of Freeza's betrayal. They clearly knew some things that were real, others not.

Syntsui

The fact they didn't even acknowledge Freeza not losing stamina because he is dead makes it not a thing anymore? He simply learned to control his ki and that is enough for him not needing to rest?

Harpoon

The original leak still got several things right though, including 97's tournament start, 98 being a no title yet and 94+95 being a Freeza two-parter. They also got the U9 assassin's bit right and the element of Freeza's betrayal. They clearly knew some things that were real, others not.

I don't think guessing a few things mean they had any knowledge at all. They still got a bunch of plot details, the actual staff on those episodes, etc. all wrong.

The fact they didn't even acknowledge Freeza not losing stamina because he is dead makes it not a thing anymore? He simply learned to control his ki and that is enough for him not needing to rest?
It is entirely possible he doesn't know yet and Goku prefers not to tell him.

97 being the start of the tournament was common speculation.
98 having no title and Freeza getting a two parter was lucky (17 had a two parter, Freeza getting one makes sense).
The leak didn't get anything about the U9 assassins right, it said Goku and Freeza would have a hard time with them because they couldn't sense them.
Freeza betraying Goku would be an "easy" bit to guess, the leak didn't even get anything about the betrayal right.
The leak was fake and got lucky on a few things, but it got far more wrong than right, especially in the staff listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom