• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captivate 2012 Rome - Embargo Ends April 10th

GameE

More like he said there'd be interesting news for Go Nintendo. Which, y'know, likes to report on anything and everything even tangentially Nintendo-related, good or bad. (And wound up on NeoGAF's banned sites list for some reason, probably related to the above.)

I dont like that site but come on, that was a shitty tease :\

I'm pretty sure that one will stay Japan exclusive, unless Capcom goes Tatsunoko vs Capcom way (although this isn't up to them, but then again Banpresto doesn't have a western branch)

Capcom obviously sees Captivate as Western Gamers event. They probably think that Nintendo isn't western gamer's thing and leave Nintendo games for Nintendo Direct (japanese edition, of course). AA5, MH4 and Banpresto cross thing will be detailed in upcoming Nintendo Direct, I suppose.

I dont think we will see Monster Hunter 4 for awhile let alone in the next Nintendo Direct. Maybe Im wrong, but I dont think there will be another Monster Hunter that soon in Japan.

Seijuro

So Jojo's HD was bullshit?

There was talk about a happening at Captivate where Ono was adressing the future of fighting games. Maybe the news outlets hold off for some time to let the video-"blowout" of the bigger franchises digest....

(at least I hope so)

Clearly there is a hidden Nintendo announcement here, no confirmation for the next mainline Resident Evil game on wii u equals more "test" games from Capcom in the future as with the wii, another on rails Resi shooter using touch control shooting to be revealed at E3, if it succeeds then maybe Resi 6 can make the jump (which it wont).

Why do I feel as if i'm only half joking with this?

Nemesis_

So, just to confirm, this is it?

Street Fighter x Tekken VITA
Lost Planet 3
Resident Evil 6
DmC
Dragon's Dogma

That's all they bothered to show at Captivate? =/

Cap·ti·vate
verb
\ˈkap-tə-ˌvāt\
cap·ti·vat·ed
cap·ti·vat·ingt

To influence and dominate by some special charm, art, or trait and with an irresistible appeal.

Turlast

Banned
I really hope this new "fighting game future" that was discussed or whatever wasn't only in reference to these SFXT features and characters.

There was talk about a happening at Captivate where Ono was adressing the future of fighting games. Maybe the news outlets hold off for some time to let the video-"blowout" of the bigger franchises digest....

(at least I hope so)

I see, thank you. I hope so too!

Gartooth

Called it on the lack of fighting games. Really dumb though that Ono had to take a leave just to show off SFxT Vita of all things.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Capcom doesn't like portable systems. It is extremely ironic that they found its biggest success, at least in Japan, on a portable platform.

...3DS is a portable system, you know, and they're supporting it.

Wait, now I remember that the countdown is based on each's computer internal clock, right?
So, neo, how much does it take until the reveal for your computer ( since you're in Japan )?

Namco's press event is tomorrow; that's when you'll see the game revealed.

Same with Dark Souls information.

Hex

Banned
Capcom doesn't like portable systems. It is extremely ironic that they found its biggest success, at least in Japan, on a portable platform.

MvC and Street Fighter x Tekken says huh on the Vita side and DS and 3DS have had good Capcom support also ....so....what are you on about?

Luigiv

Why the hell would a countdown be based on a computer's internal clock? That makes no sense. :p
It's faster. Web clocks are prone to lag and latency and can be kind of screwy on slower conections. Your computer's internal clock is much more reliable.

Japan only has 1 timezone, so they can sort of get away with it. The website isn't exactly intended for international audiences after all.

SykoTech

Heh, gotta feel bad for all the people in here that were so certain there would be Monster Hunter stuff. And for the Nintendo faithful in general since "No RE6 on Wii U" was the only news. Salt in the wound.

Though even as a multiplatform gamer, there honestly wasn't anything here. Especially not anything new (lol, Lost Planet 3). Personally not interested in stuff like RE6 or DmC either. Dragon's Dogma...eh, maybe.

Once again, fighting games is all that makes Capcom worth a damn to me. And all they had there were DLC-related trailers for a released game. It was pretty cool though, but disappointing event all around. Low expectations justified yet again.

fates

Eagerly awaiting another one of Svesson's "don't worry MH fans, you still have big things to look forward to!!!" to carry us for another two years.

wsippel

Banned
It's faster. Web clocks are prone to lag and latency and can be kind of screwy on slower conections. Your computer's internal clock is much more reliable.

Japan only has 1 timezone, so they can sort of get away with it. The website isn't exactly intended for international audiences after all.
The servers internal clock is just as reliably (probably even more so), which is why that one should be used. Takes, dunno, five lines of additional code. It's quite lazy, even if Japan only has a single timezone.

Spiegel

Eagerly awaiting another one of Svesson's "don't worry MH fans, you still have big things to look forward to!!!" to carry us for another two years.

MH3G has to be released outside of Japan. If not, making it a 3DS exclusive and not a PSP game makes zero sense.

As someone has pointed earlier, Nintendo must be distributing and marketing the game in NA and Europe and the game will probably be announced at E3.

Apparently it was a bust? We are better off of this way. If they do make DSIV, I'd rather see it after the release of big sellers Monster Hunter and RE6. Asura's Wrath, Raccoon City and Dragon's Dogma may leave Capcom hurting financially for a while. We don't need another rushed ass game because Capcom made shit sellers before it. Don't forget Vanilla Marvel vs Capcom 3, guys.

I guess today is all about SKULLGIIIIIIIIIIRLS. That is fantastic too.

But Capcom wants that CoD money.

Which they won't get with Lost Planet 3. Or Dead Rising. Or DmC. Or even Resident Evil 6 (but they'll get rather high with that one).

I love Street Fighter as a series, and Marvel, and Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil, but these guys can go bankrupt for all I care. That way at least maybe someone will buy the IP's off them.

fates

MH3G has to be released outside of Japan. If not, making it a 3DS exclusive and not a PSP game makes zero sense.

Here and Europe, no. But if Nintendo had a hand in it, making it 3DS exclusive makes a lot of sense in keeping MH from its competition. And considering Vita's slowness in Japan, it seems to be move that is working.

I really don't think it's indicative of a desire to make it accessible to the west.

Which they won't get with Lost Planet 3. Or Dead Rising. Or DmC. Or even Resident Evil 6 (but they'll get rather high with that one).

I love Street Fighter as a series, and Marvel, and Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil, but these guys can go bankrupt for all I care. That way at least maybe someone will buy the IP's off them.

"They didn't announce what I wanted them too...I hope they go bankrupt."

That's kinda childish bro.

I mean if you don't like the way things are going then don't buy their shit and move on. I never understand why people who have been jilted by Capcom's stupidity and greed or just plain hate their games now continue to expect them to change. Especially the one who feel the need to constantly post how they are glad they don't buy Capcom games anymore in every thread..

It feels like a case of jilted lover in which you keep telling yourself that you are over them and yet continue to check up on them.

Move on. The Capcom you thought you knew is long gone. Accept it and stop expecting anything different.

Top Bottom