• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-=-=->S P O I L E R S<-=-=- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spoiler Thread

m051293

There seems to be around 80 ish enemy movesets in the paste bin. It's definitely not as much as say Dark Souls or Witcher but the enemy designs seem very well considered and the scenario design that utilizes them seems incredibly varied so I think most will be accepting of this.

I don't think there's much more than 80 enemy types in the TW3 base game. I'll double-check this once I get off mobile.

Additionally, this leak is from the Day 1 patch, so anything not touched by that isn't included here.

I don't think there's much more than 80 enemy types in the TW3 base game. I'll double-check this once I get off mobile.

Additionally, this leak is from the Day 1 patch, so anything not touched by that isn't included here.

There are 105 enemies in W3 afaik. But that includes bears, wolfs and different kind of humans.

archvile7

Man, in looking through that imgur gallery (http://imgur.com/a/jo0Yn), this game looks HARD. Like, I've already read from people that have played it that you can die very quickly, but the scope of some of these areas (Death Mountain looks CRAZY), and some of these enemies (Flying Guardians), it just feels like death is around every corner. Very different feeling for Zelda compared to the last games since OoT.

Not picking on you, but this is a pet peeve of mine. Hyrule is not Earth, so Hyrulian verison of elephants could have hooves. I mean elves, fish people, bird people, rock people, dog people, lizard people, and pig people don't exist.

You're right of course but the illustration on the map didn't look like hooves either!

I honestly don't remember where I saw the pic or if it was in a video or what, sorry.
I did see one page from the Edge article which had the same thing but for the flying dungeon logo but I'd be banned for linking to that!

gafneo

Banned
You're right of course but the illustration on the map didn't look like hooves either!

I honestly don't remember where I saw the pic or if it was in a video or what, sorry.
I did see one page from the Edge article which had the same thing but for the flying dungeon logo but I'd be banned for linking to that!
Hyrule is on planet earth, but in an alternate timeline.

Vashzaron

Whoa assassins that stalk you? Any footage yet?

I'd guess it's these
Z8EMHSj.jpg

doop_

Banned
Seems like the Divine Beast or Powers are referred to as relics in the files. So far we have
the following

Water Relic - Elephant (Zora) Might grant the player the ability to summon rainfall.
Fire Relic - Chameleon (Goron)
Wind Relic - Bird (Rito) Might grant the player the ability to create tornadoes.
Electric Relic - Camel (Gerudo)

Also there seems to be a location in the game called Cohorint, does that bring up any memories ?

The Races we know of so far are the ones mentioned above as well as the Koroks and
surprisingly the Kokiri.

Found these file names as well

NorthHyrulePlainClimate
EldinClimateLv0
EldinClimateLv1
EldinClimateLv2
DarkWoodsClimat
LostWoodClimate
ThunderRain
BlueskyRain
GerudoDesertClimate
KorogForest
HeavyRain
HebraFrostClimate
ThunderStorm
MagicStorm,MagicRedhot,MagicCold
HyrulePlainClimate
TabantaAridClimate
FrostClimate
GerudoPlateauClimate
TamourPlainClimate
ZoraTemperateClimate
HateruPlainClimate
FiloneSubtropicalClimate
SouthHateruHumidTemperateClimate
GerudoFrostClimate
GerudoDesertClimateLv2

Might have also found the names of the Gerudo champion and hints at them of being companions.

ShoutMsg/Shout_Npc_Darukeru
ShoutMsg/Shout_Npc_Rival
ShoutMsg/Shout_Npc_Uruboza (Gerudo)
ShoutMsg/Shout_Npc_Mifur

Master Sword might also shoot beams.

MasterBeamDisappear

Caelus

Also there seems to be a location in the game called Cohorint, does that bring up any memories ?

Omfg, Kolohint Island!?!?!

Also:

IsNewPictureBook_Enemy_Dragon_Electric
IsNewPictureBook_Enemy_Dragon_Fire
IsNewPictureBook_Enemy_Dragon_Ice

There's also a mention of Lake Floria from Skyward Sword.

Just imagine you could go to an island far off and there are some ruins of an town on it and there is a book where someone describes how a green hooded hero waked up the windfish...that would be so freaking awesome.

Tabanta is the Japanese name of the Castor Wilds from Minish Cap.

Hebra was the Japanese name for the Light World's Death Mountain in Link to the Past.

They're really cramming in everything they can here, aren't they.

daEyzAN.jpg

That Title. Wow. Feels flow all over.

Caelus

Same blue fire:

And some of the King's dialogue (translated from another language):
It is as you see. The disgraced lord of Hyrule who could not save his daughter's life still lingers.

Guys... I think your main companions in this game are ghosts from 100 years ago. D:

Charamiwa

Banned
You know what's kinda weird? In all the preview footage I've watched I don't think I've seen the Champion Shirt once. Either it's really lame or not that easy to find. Also I wonder if you can dye it too.

RRockman

Banned
was it ever leaked why link's promotional tunic has the imprint of the master sword on it? Was he a part of hyrule's military force?

nvm figured it out.

So Ghosts and the implication of the bolded means....

Zelda is also dead / ghost?

Maybe, but I bet it's more likely that Zelda's sealed herself into some sort of crystalized stasis like in Skyward Sword, since it seems like she's trapped in the heart of Hyrule Castle. That or there's some way to bring Zelda back from the dead, judging by the King's "You must save her... my daughter..." line from the Switch trailer.

But yeah, the blue fires in the images of the King and the Goron dude and the possibility of them and the other main friends Link has in this game being ghosts really bring back memories of Majora's Mask to me.

Zelda isnt dead, and it seems that this information is given to you in the first hours of the game alongside the king appearing

She is at the Castle containing Ganon

King Rhoam is dead tho, the description says "The Ghost of King Rhoam"

Early game story spoiler right here, confirms some speculation.

I'm going to feel like the biggest asshole, messing around, picking fruit, and exploding enemies, whilst poor Zelda is keeping Ganon at bay for however long. "Hey, Hero of Time, do you think you could hurry up? Please? ...please? Why do you keep hoarding fruit?!"

Also, there better be a Ganondorf. All the character designs for BotW have been phenomenal, I'd love to see what they'd do with his design.

Top Bottom