• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

GHG

Gold Member
VI5Wnom.gif

We are not worthy.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
t300rs owners, 1080 or 900 degree rotation? What's better for racing?

Lol, try 540.

I mean you don't want to be spinning the wheel fully around multiple times on basic turns. Those giant rotation values are good for truck sims, but you want sensitivity scaled back when going fast so you can do finer impactful adjustments without big motions. (Often for real fast stuff, I set way down to 270)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Really struggling to pick a wheel. It's like all of them have some terrible flaw. The $$$ is not an issue; I just don't want to drop bank to either be disappointed or for something to break a week out of warranty.

Really struggling to pick a wheel. It's like all of them have some terrible flaw. The $$$ is not an issue; I just don't want to drop bank to either be disappointed or for something to break a week out of warranty.

I'm leaning towards the CSL PS4 pack (I think it's around $500?) after weeks of trudging through T300RS GT reviews.

Still, gonna wait another month...just in case.

Edit: this.

GHG

Gold Member

I had a good experience back when my Logitech g27 broke within its warranty period.

Don't know about Thrustmaster as my T300 hasn't broken (yet).

Touches wood

But to be honest the moment fanatec sort out their PS4 support I'm getting rid of the T300 to get something from them. I'm also likely to be moving country again next year so will need to sell it anyway.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I had a good experience back when my Logitech g26 broke within its warranty period.

Don't know about Thrustmaster as my T300 hasn't broken (yet).

Touches wood

But to be honest the moment fanatec sort out their PS4 support I'm getting rid of the T300 to get something from them. I'm also likely to be moving country again next year so will need to sell it anyway.
What makes Fanatec so much better that you would abandon your current (nice) wheel for one?

GHG

Gold Member
What makes Fanatec so much better that you would abandon your current (nice) wheel for one?

Thrustmasters have well documented reliability issues. When they work they are the best wheels on the market withing the price bracket but it feels like I'm sitting on a timebomb.

Brandon F

Personally, I think the t300 is the best of the lot if cash is not an issue. I mean, yes there are horror stories online associated with technical risk...but that belt-driven servo is just so much better than the competition. I think its worth the chance. (Mine is going 2 years strong)

Still not comfortable though? Just get the T150, it won't kill your wallet if things go sideways and is still a really solid entry wheel just for some GTS thrills.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
And a good Fanatec is what, $500? Hmm it’s almost in a new territory. I’ve heard good things, but it does seem like they’re more overlooked than the others when it comes to in-game support at times.

Just finished downloading the new patch. Servers are up now too so you can transfer your beta stuff and play if you already have it!

GHG

Gold Member
And a good Fanatec is what, $500? Hmm it’s almost in a new territory. I’ve heard good things, but it does seem like they’re more overlooked than the others when it comes to in-game support at times.

I use my wheel mostly with my PC so it's not an issue for me but if you're exclusively on console then a Thrustmaster is your best bet. Just take out extended warranty if you can.

yikes, was about to get the T300

It's still the best wheel you can get for the money.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I use my wheel mostly with my PC so it's not an issue for me but if you're exclusively on console then a Thrustmaster is your best bet. Just take out extended warranty if you can.

It's still the best wheel you can get for the money.
Definitely into PC here as well. My only experience with a wheel was a g27 for Dirt Rally when that came out, and that game began to destroy my wheel within a week. It’s now forced me to be overly cautious.

Brandon F

Nice work OP. I ordered my first wheel for this (T150). Now someone sell me on PlaySeat Challenge :p

Not used it, but I assume it allows you to swap any wheel in, just in case you upgrade that T150 someday?

Something to consider as a Wheelstand Pro comparatively has different versions based on the wheel model you use, so years down the road it may become as obsolete as the wheel you replace(depending though).

Gestault

If I need that demo installed to carry over the progress from the demo that I just deleted because of the filesize, I'll be returning this game. I've had this pre-order in for literally years, but that's about the most bone-headed setup for a 40+ gb demo.

If I need that demo installed to carry over the progress from the demo that I just deleted because of the filesize, I'll be returning this game. I've had this pre-order in for literally years, but that's about the most bone-headed setup for a 40+ gb demo.

I will chuck my Pro into the fucking Potomac.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
...even if you need the demo to transfer stuff over, you would only need the save data on the HDD, not the actual game data. That's literally not possible.

Gestault

...even if you need the demo to transfer stuff over, you would only need the save data on the HDD, not the actual game data. That's literally not possible.

One would assume. One would also assume the standard cloud data would have you covered. Both are why I'm cocking my eyebrow.

Top Bottom