• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

I'm a cat.
utreZRI.png

:3

Refyref

And the stories I would want to write aren't centered around my own brand of characters. (Should I even have that.)

jgminto

As a random question: What do you imagine these people are classified as, in their world?

Like, you have werebear/werefox relations - are they essentially human with furry features? Chimera with the ability to make it with any other species? New species with wildly varying body features? Or is everyone aliens...

Yes, I'm bored ATM :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
As a random question: What do you imagine these people are classified as, in their world?

Like, you have werebear/werefox relations - are they essentially human with furry features? Chimera with the ability to make it with any other species? New species with wildly varying body features? Or is everyone aliens...

Yes, I'm bored ATM :p

A few science fiction settings have referred to "petting zoo people" as chimerics. Within those settings if they're not aliens with a coincidental resemblance to an earthly animals, they're usually an engineered species.

Though it seems a common trope to treat such beings differently depending on whether they're exotic humans (crank up the genetic enhancement) or uplifted animals (greetings new slave race, here are your club jackets and control collars).

Exotic humans might get empowering or polite classifications. While uplifted animals may often get terms intended to be clinical and impersonal, or even overtly insulting.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
A few science fiction settings have referred to "petting zoo people" as chimerics. Within those settings if they're not aliens with a coincidental resemblance to an earthly animals, they're usually an engineered species.

Though it seems a common trope to treat such beings differently depending on whether they're exotic humans (crank up the genetic enhancement) or uplifted animals (greetings new slave race, here are your club jackets and control collars).

Exotic humans might get empowering or polite classifications. While uplifted animals may often get terms intended to be clinical and impersonal, or even overtly insulting.
I'd imagine that if you took away the underclass connotation or simply went to a more fantasy setting then you'd simply see new terms derived from their animal relatives.

In the exotic universe, it must be an alternate timeline...

2013 CE, where the "C" stands for chimeric... year 0 marking the scientific breakthrough allowing for comprehensive genetic modification/splicing and cross-species integration, leading to centuries of cross-breeds mixing with the populace... resulting in foxes with neon-coloured fur.

---

Control collars would be a hot product in both markets I'd imagine, lol

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'd imagine that if you took away the underclass connotation or simply went to a more fantasy setting then you'd simply see new terms derived from their animal relatives.

True, tho I suspect the flavor of the language would depend on the zoomorphic people being positive, neutral or negative about their relation to the regular animals.

Or it could be one of those settings with the cow people eat meat and enjoy roast beef. Always fun unpacking that one.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
True, tho I suspect the flavor of the language would depend on the zoomorphic people being positive, neutral or negative about their relation to the regular animals.

Or it could be one of those settings with the cow people eat meat and enjoy roast beef. Always fun unpacking that one.
... Humans are known to consume chimpanzee meat on occasion.

Wait, did the girl not understand Charlie in All Dogs Go To Heaven?
I'd have to watch again to be sure, since I can't remember if it was because of him dying once, or if it was that only she could understand....

welp, know what I'm watching tonight then.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Scooby is in the same block as Astro.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I want to promote the artist of the avatar I'm using but his works are equal mix of non-lewd, teasing, and lewd.

Hmm - I would've said Spike (Tom & Jerry), but his speech varies between "animals talking amongst each other" to "people can understand".

Will have to delve deep to find more...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dog from one of those movies like Homeward Bound, or Milo and Otis.

Pretty much any secondary character in those life action talking animal films. Usually talks like a dog rather than clearly like the main characters.

Dog from one of those movies like Homeward Bound, or Milo and Otis.

Pretty much any secondary character in those life action talking animal films. Usually talks like a dog rather than clearly like the main characters.
Mm, HB doesn't count since they weren't outwardly talking - they were having inter-animal conversation.

I would actually have to look into live action ones, though this should mostly concern animated ones, eh? :)
Corrupted has the same birthday as me. We're furry twins!
Happy late birthday :)

Top Bottom