• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XboxEvent.com just registered by the same company that did Xbox's E3 presentations

ari

Banned
I am betting my left nut that Microsoft will blow us away.

Metro os
Live 3.0
set top box capabilities
windows 8 rt with all the bells and whistles
exclusives
actual console presentation

Judging by the trolling tweets from MS guys. They have more than what sony got to offer. They already have the surface streaming gimmick, we know live will have sharing capabilities, we know that kinect 2.0 will be a focus, and we know they got games coming.

All that sony have over them is the ram. Which i am sure they have contrary to what people are saying here. If they have 8gb gddr5 ram. Its pretty much over if you ask me judging by what we saw Wednesday.

ekim

There is something on the http://xboxevent.com/?fp=hP4AfEG%2F4q79ia1k5OGsRTXhdx0FH92SgN6d%2BJyhARsXCNISo6sbLQT%2FuDuNB0%2Bf51K3udYFe0gxFGAdlUPjSA%3D%3D&prvtof=Lo0F10fBLkiqhJhLQ2IAsgN9vpQD3PwUZTRRdT45i1g%3D&poru=TpnDehTDepeBubPSuyolVpoOk9hxAAbxqVRFaBhAb%2Fjha0ut1YgIfmzEPQ6STXxJ&"

Thats the standard under-construction stuff. Most people hide it in the source and leave a blank page. Same goes for www.alanwake2.com

legacyzero

Banned

Metro os
Live 3.0
set top box capabilities
windows 8 rt with all the Bells and whistles
exclusives

Judging by the trolling tweets from MS guys. They have more than what sony got to offer. They already have the surface streaming gimmick, we know live will have sharing capabilities, we know that kinect 2.0 will be a focus, and we know they got games coming.

All that sony have over them is the ram. Which i am sure they have contrary to what people are saying here. If they have 8gb gddr5 ram. Its pretty much over if you ask me judging by what we saw Wednesday.
But we have to remember some of the potential deal breakers, too. IE the rumored requirement for internet connection, and anti-used.

Both of those would be a "no thank you" from me.

ReaperXL7

Guys i would not get too excited, the nextbox is going to fail because its not a tablet/smartphone.....its just not ment to be for consoles anymore.

Personally im interested to see what MS is bringing, but if they are going to try and sell me a cable box thay also plays games I just wont care. Next few months should be fun.

ari

Banned
But we have to remember some of the potential deal breakers, too. IE the rumored requirement for internet connection, and anti-used.

Both of those would be a "no thank you" from me.
That wouldn't make sense though. MS of all companies should know this. I really wish major nelson end that rumor by confirming or denying. Just shows that they really give no fucks about internet rumors.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
bgUDbwa.gif

judging by the way the Microsoft guys have been acting on twitter I really think they believe whatever they have is going to wow people more then the PS4.

its going to be interesting that's for sure.

I just want them both.

keit4

Banned
HYPE!!!

The fact that no one expects anything from MS makes me think that they are going to surprise everyone.

FrankT

judging by the way the Microsoft guys have been acting on twitter I really think they believe whatever they have is going to wow people more then the PS4.

its going to be interesting that's for sure.

I just want them both.

Saw the Greenberg 6/10 comment. What others have been posted?

ari

Banned
HYPE!!!

The fact that no one expects anything from MS makes me think that they are going to surprise everyone.
Aren't they just sony fans shitting on them though? After years of build up of being the living rooms hub, why would MS not want to finish it?

After being let down by the Wii U launch, the Destiny unveil, and then the PS4 unveil, I'm having a hard time getting the game boner back up for this. If they show actual games it will be a minor win over what Sony did. If those games all involve me waving at my TV, they can piss off.

Aren't they just sony fans shitting on them though? After years of build up of being the living rooms hub, why would MS not want to finish it?

Can't really blame Sony fans, can you? The company they champion has been so damn inept the past 7 or 8 years, and when it looked like things might turn around, the Vita happened. It would be nice if Sony were powerful again.

That's just how they act regardless. Pretty douchey.

FrankT

After being let down by the Wii U launch, the Destiny unveil, and then the PS4 unveil, I'm having a hard time getting the game boner back up for this. If they show actual games it will be a minor win over what Sony did. If those games all involve me waving at my TV, they can piss off.

I think both Sony and MS have to find that balance with these showings and E3. I expect much more SW at E3, but I do hope for something meaty at this showing.

Cornbread78

I just hope it plays CDs.

That´s very important nowadays apparently.

LOL, yup, got forbid....

Too many whie-a$$es abiout stupid little $hit these days...

I can;t wait to see their response. I can;t wait to see the Kinect 2.0 tech demo this time..... bring out the kids and animals!

scently

Men I remember watching MS e3 conference last year and was just thinking how high Don Mattrick looked through out the event. Anybody else noticed it? it was so odd.

Anyway I had hoped it would be in March, before GDC, so that we can get more tech details about the system, engines, and games. Oh well, better April than the originally projected e3 unveil.

ari

Banned
LOL, yup, got forbid....

Too many whie-a$$es abiout stupid little $hit these days...

I can;t wait to see their response. I can;t wait to see the Kinect 2.0 tech demo this time..... bring out the kids and animals!
The kinect 2.0 presentation can not be worst than what sony showed. Talk about cringe worthy.

Stark

Banned
If they have 8gb gddr5 ram. Its pretty much over if you ask me judging by what we saw Wednesday.

They won't though. That would take too much effort and be against the cost effective approach. They are also indefinitely focusing on a different target market.

madmackem

Can't really blame Sony fans, can you? The company they champion has been so damn inept the past 7 or 8 years, and when it looked like things might turn around, the Vita happened. It would be nice if Sony were powerful again.

That's just how they act regardless. Pretty douchey.

Yep its a big turn off to the rest of the world.

hahahaha no. Third party exclusives are a thing of the past, if you had said timed map packs and the like id have agreed.

Uh...what?

Seriously, this goes beyond wishful thinking into outright bullshit.

What? what did you find cringeworthy come on son.

You must have fallen asleep for the waggle wand part. Understandable.

EDIT;
Wait you guys actually like that molecule move presentation?

They like it because it's Sony.

Tagg9

The move presentation of "build your own dreams" was tacky as shit.

Agreed, that was hands down the worst part of the presentation. The rest of it made up for it, though.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if there are no similar moments at Microsoft's unveiling. I suspect we're going to see a lot of "demos" with kids.

Ardenyal

Men I remember watching MS e3 conference last year and was just thinking how high Don Mattrick looked through out the event. Anybody else noticed it? it was so odd.

I wonder if the usher pun was intentional. Just sounded really weird and I guess Mattrick only realized it when he said it.

Right after ushers performance he started talking about MS ushering in a new era blah blah

It was wii music. Worst part of the sony show.

Wait you guys actually like that molecule move presentation?

No, but don't compare it to what Microsoft will do for the Kinect 2.0 based on the absolute WORST presentations for the original Kinect ever given in the gaming industry.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, this is reactionary to Sony.

People keep saying they've planned this months in advance are probably right to some degree but I really think they are feeling the pinch now.

We are in for interesting times.
It only feels reactionary because everything we've heard thus far points towards a March/GDC reveal. But now April is being rumored? Sounds like they need some extra prep time.

I really hope the PS4 reveal lit a fire under their asses and they understood what made it a good reveal.

Curufinwe

Metro os
Live 3.0
set top box capabilities
windows 8 rt with all the bells and whistles
exclusives

What makes you sure?

Seems like you didn't know what GDDR5 RAM was until you researched it a few hours ago and saw it was quite expensive, but now you're sure MS will have 8 GB of it in contrast to all the rumors.

Yea, just saw the prices on the gddr5 ram and read up about it. Good luck with that sony. Lol

I find it hilarious that Microsoft decided to respond now. Really MS? What the fuck are you waiting for?

As I said in another thread, these events take up to 12 months of planning. It'll have already been pinned down for a good while now - after all they'll have third parties there doing showcases too, as with the Sony event. This isn't a reactionary move.

Hopefully Rare won't arrive with a hands-free version of the Mm sculpting demo.

ari

Banned
No, but don't compare it to what Microsoft will do for the Kinect 2.0 based on the absolute WORST presentations for the original Kinect ever given in the gaming industry.
Like i said, kinect 2.0 reveal can't be worst than move 2.0 reveal. Not talking about stuff 3-4 years ago.

Yeah, this is reactionary to Sony.

People keep saying they've planned this months in advance are probably right to some degree but I really think they are feeling the pinch now.

We are in for interesting times.

Ms either had hardware and features that can compete directly with sony or they worked things around to be more competitive. It might have been a big mistake for sony to go first. Xbox has been in lock down for a while and there are people saying we have little recent leaks unlike sony who practically leaked everything that happened. The nay sayers will be able to say I told you so or the optimists will be vindicated.

It would be awesome if I had any reason to be excited, but going by MS's decision making in the past 2 years, and going by rumors and leaks...it get's very hard to be excited about this upcoming event when there's the generalized feeling that MS doesn't really care that much about most of core gamers you can find on a forum like Neogaf.

So far it has been bad rumor after bad rumor, after bad leak, etc etc

That said it's a poor show of form for a bunch of people that decide that they have green card to troll a system that hasn't been unveiled yet, or its presentation.

One of the things I'm more interested at this point is seeing if they are even gonna talk about the specs. It would seem counter productive to their image to talk about much inferior specs when the competition already announced theirs.

Top Bottom