• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer Cover Tomorrow [Up: Batman: Arkham Knight website semi-up]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love it to be Assassin's Creed V. We should hear something soon...

I don't think we'll see an ACV yet.. I think we'll get a subtitled IV similar to brotherhood / revelations. I think the only reason we jumped from III to IV so fast was because people hated Connor.

Of course, I haven't finished IV yet, so maybe there is some story reason this doesn't work.

That being said, I think this cover will be Batman anyway.

If Rocksteady had true cojones the opening would be Dick Grayson as Batman investigating Bruce Wayne's death.

Oh, that would be so fucking awesome.

On a side note, I really can't understand why so many people are complaining about "another Batman game". This is only the third Rocksteady Batman game. They have the right to close the story if they want to. Do you guys want to go back to the movie tie-ins days? There are others franchises that are in desperate need of a rest (Uncharted, Gears, Halo, GOW...) but Batman isn't one of them. You can do so many things with the franchise it's not even funny.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It was the Gotham City we needed, but not the Gotham City we wanted.

Still have to play Origins. Did Origins feel that much larger than Arkham City?

Yes and no, it had a larger map but roughly the same amount of indoor/other areas so to me it felt a lot less detailed.

I still loved it tho, and its well worth checking out. Best story and set pieces of the franchise imo.

Yes and no, it had a larger map but roughly the same amount of indoor/other areas so to me it felt a lot less detailed.

Pretty much how I felt too. There's also an annoyingly long bridge to cross to get between the two sections of the city. I started using the fast travel just to avoid grapple boosting over and over again to get across that thing.

I feel like because the city was larger and you don't spend much time down in the streets, most areas just kinda blend together and don't have much unique details to set them apart other than the big different areas, like the docks or downtown.

I really miss the Riddler environmental analysis stuff in Origins. They replaced it with these dumb Anarchy symbols which are really boring compared to learning a ton of factoids about the Batman universe like Asylum and Origins had.

Akahige

Oh, that would be so fucking awesome.

On a side note, I really can't understand why so many people are complaining about "another Batman game". This is only the third Rocksteady Batman game. They have the right to close the story if they want to. Do you guys want to go back to the movie tie-ins days? There are others franchises that are in desperate need of a rest (Uncharted, Gears, Halo, GOW...) but Batman isn't one of them. You can do so many things with the franchise it's not even funny.
People are probably just burnt out after the prequel. It is a shame WB couldn't wait till Rocksteady finished their trilogy before milking the franchise.

Mooreberg

Everybody is saying Batman but with the way these GI cover threads have been going it's going to be something a lot less exciting
The GameStop signs being for March could be a sign that it is Batman.

But yeah, after the hyping for "Evolve" I'm not paying much attention to GI's promotion of their cover stories.

Jigolo

Wait this is confirmed to run UE3? If so, that'd be very disappointing considering we've already had 3 games last gen running that engine.

Give me some UE4 goodness.

okayfrog

Banned

You can't just act like Origins doesn't exist. It does, and even though it wasn't made by Rocksteady, it plays mostly the same. So that makes three games in four years.

People would also prefer Rocksteady to be working on a new game for next-gen consoles.

Blader

You can't just act like Origins doesn't exist. It does, and even though it wasn't made by Rocksteady, it plays mostly the same. So that makes three games in four years.

People would also prefer Rocksteady to be working on a new game for next-gen consoles.

You can, however, choose not to play it.

Raven77

Another Batman game, hmm.

If so, I really hope it is next gen ONLY. Stop letting last gen hinder game / level / character design.

Some Nobody

A great comic by the name of Planetary, explores a lot of pulp/genre fiction like Godzilla, John Woo action movies, James Bond, and one issue they went up against the various forms of Batman. It was a very smart, entertaining book with some fantastic artwork.

Yeah I know Planetary, I just hadn't finished it yet. Guess that was the benefit of being Wildstorm.

Some Nobody

Another Batman game, hmm.

If so, I really hope it is next gen ONLY. Stop letting last gen hinder game / level / character design.

I knew all this "please be crossgen" crap would stop pretty soon after the PS4/Xbox One came out. But yeah, aside from a few games I'm going to bet any major AAA title will be cross-gen until next year.

Raven77

Not doing last gen also hinders sales in their opinion.

I get it, but on the flip side, it will hinder sales of the game in the complete opposite way. I, personally, will likely not purchase this if its cross gen and the next-gen version looks basically the same with prettier textures and effects.

So they will lose sales on both sides. Probably more by not being cross gen but it sets a bad precedent in my opinion for Batman games on this new generation of consoles.

People aren't complaining about the yearly Assassin's Creed titles or other franchises. This one is way better than Assassin's Creed ever was.

Mooreberg

Anything other than cross-gen would be a shock. The PS3/360 user base is huge, and the One/PS4 user base will be 15 million or more customers who are inclined to buy software for their expensive new device. Ignoring either wouldn't make sense for a publisher like Warner Bos.

I'm kind of curious to see how stuff like LOS2 and FFXIII Lightning Edition sell without having next gen versions. I think some of the people who buy a lot of software have moved on.

fasTRapid

Banned
I'm kind of expecting it to be a UE3 cross-gen game that looks almost exactly like the last games with some minor improvements.
I still have AC and AO steelboxes lieing around here somewhere, untouched. But that I wouldn't buy.
I guess.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If it's crossgen, I hope its something like Origins and Origins Blackgate. Something completely separate from the current gen version.

Ephemeris

If it's crossgen, I hope its something like Origins and Origins Blackgate. Something completely separate from the current gen version.

I doubt. Too much resources to make that type of thing happen.

Unless the ps360 version happens to be just like BlackGate.

Crawl

Everybody is saying Batman but with the way these GI cover threads have been going it's going to be something a lot less exciting

image.php

redhood56

Banned
I skipped origins, so I am all for another batman game! I remember Hush being my favorite villain when I was little!(All I did was look at the pictures in the batman comics, so that isn't saying much)

How likely is the chance of Batman next being cross gen?

considering that deal about all WB games being UE3 through 2014 and all their games they're publishing this year are cross-gen, I think the probability of one of their biggest IPs being on systems with the biggest audience is pretty high.

Lucreto

I was going for Assassin's Creed until I say the signs for the new batman.

There was a document last week saying ACV was set in the industrial revolution and it was going to be revealed the 4th March.

AC IV was revealed last March as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom