• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Man, I really want that Phasma PF. $530 tho.

Do it!

All this enabling reminds me of the Tool song Vicarious.

'Cause I need to watch things die from a distance.
Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.

Here is would be, "Cause I need to watch Gaffers go broke from a distance, Vicariously I keep my money while they all go broke."

Tom_Cody

You know shit is getting serious when people start talking about merch sales.
zmY610M.gif

paolo11

I have the recent Origin Leonidas. Paint and sculpt are amazing. Has a nice heft to it. Plenty of accessories to toy with. One of the most nice looking things I own.
Unfortunately the tail seems to be super brittle (they even include a few replacement joints as a backup) and you need to strengthen the hip joints yourself using either a sealer or super glue or it might not hold a pose well.
Still, very nice figure and I don't regret getting it.

Nice!!

Is it mostly die cast?

Doctor Strange is ready to ship. Gonna just keep it in my pile of loot for now.

I had to cancel mine cause he was dropping same day as K2, who is sitting in my POL now. Gonna hold off for a bit, Mezco Deadpool and hopefully Jyn should hit by the end of the month.

SUPARSTARX

Kylo Ren... What should have been in the box the first time.. Edition.

LOL. Pretty much.

I have brown boxes all in my basement and no room to display anything at the moment between moving. First world problems.

I'm collecting mostly Batman/some DC stuff.

2 BvS Batman
1 BvS Knightmare Batman
1 BvS Armored Batman
1 BvS Wonder Woman
1 BvS Superman
1 SS Joker w/Purple Coat
1 SS Joker Arkham Asylum
1 SS Harley exclusive
1 SS Deadshot on the way in
1 TDKR Batman DX
1 TDK Joker 2.0
1 TDKR Bane
1 TDKR Catwoman
1 TDK Batpod
1 TDK Tumbler

I'm missing TDK Twoface (which I'm debating if I want a recast to save $$), Bat demon/Scarecrow, and the rest I will probably pick off online since they came back in stock.

Rootbeer

Banned
Good news, this month's SHF Phasma is not just a re-release with a shinier deco and a new spear accessory... she's actually much taller now, and a lot of minor sculpting differences when you look at them side by side.
Top: New Bottom: Old
21544172_10210324129719645_6825965152581664550_o.jpg

21369575_10212269708430808_6682127442326548996_n.jpg

Hagi

Hah glad I never bothered with the first release version now. I'll try and pick her up next month with Han and Chewie.

LiK

Hah glad I never bothered with the first release version now. I'll try and pick her up next month with Han and Chewie.

First release was nice. Still have her displayed next to my monitor. I'll pick up the second version tho.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The bump in shininess is tiny.
The size increase was badly needed, though.

NEO0MJ

Good news, this month's SHF Phasma is not just a re-release with a shinier deco and a new spear accessory... she's actually much taller now, and a lot of minor sculpting differences when you look at them side by side.

Must have pained them to make an entirely new mold for what is basically the same figure but larger.
Also, Darth BB-8?

21544172_10210324129719645_6825965152581664550_o.jpg

21369575_10212269708430808_6682127442326548996_n.jpg

Yay my purchase of two of her is now not as disgusting to me.

Rootbeer

Banned
NECA announces new Stephen King's IT figures... awesome.

Need a NECA Pennywise as soon as humanly possible!

Wonder if NECA will give us the entire loser's club?

kunonabi

Ugh, that Spider-Woman design actually looks even worse in figure form.

Has there been any word on the Corrin figmas new release date?

Has anyone seen the new Four Horsemen line?

Until now I've really liked all their figures, but these aliens look truly awful. Who designed this nonsense? No consistency between the models and while I love 60s and 70s alien designs, these miss the mark.

So disappointed.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone seen the new Four Horsemen line?

Until now I've really liked all their figures, but these aliens look truly awful. Who designed this nonsense? No consistency between the models and while I love 60s and 70s alien designs, these miss the mark.

So disappointed.

wut

ss8MvVT.png

Power Lords have been around since 1983, and the 4H relaunched the line with their own figures in 2013. This is actually wave 2, so they're not new in the slightest. I think they look pretty nice, especially when I saw them in person at SDCC. The Power Soldiers are instabuys for Haloid and I!

Seriously, look at these rad dudes and tell me they're not cool. Benton pls

Go buy some Power Lords, people!

$524.99 for an unpainted translucent figure on a pretty base? That's pretty lame even for F4F.
There are actually 4 different versions of the statue. There's the Stealth Camouflage edition you posted, a Neon Green Stealth Camouflage version, a Regular version, and an Exclusive version that comes with an alternate sculpt with night vision goggles. Regular and Exclusive versions are pretty nice IMO.

Also, why is Poe Dameron dressed like Han Solo now?

Yarbskoo

There are actually 4 different versions of the statue. There's the Stealth Camouflage edition you posted, a Neon Green Stealth Camouflage version, a Regular version, and an Exclusive version that comes with an alternate sculpt with night vision goggles. Regular and Exclusive versions are pretty nice IMO.

Well sure, but the translucent ones should clearly not cost as much as the fully painted ones. They look like the "rare" variants you get from blind bags that are cast in a single color so the manufacturer doesn't have to pay for paint.

Well sure, but the translucent ones should clearly not cost as much as the fully painted ones. They look like the "rare" variants you get from blind bags that are cast in a single color so the manufacturer doesn't have to pay for paint.
In your original post it seemed like you weren't aware of the other options. I was merely pointing out that they exist, not commenting on the price. But I do think the price of even the regular statue is a bit ridiculous.

Top Bottom