• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/12/12 - Babel Rising (Move) | Gravity Rush (Vita)

Not that I should be upset since PS+ subscribers like myself got a slew of free games last week.

But, I hope whatever comes up when the store is updated is worth the delay...

graywolf323

Gold Member
Hey all,

Quick update. According to the ops team, the best case scenario is around 8pm PST tonight for today's update. The team is working to ensure this is a rare scenario, but thanks for your patience. I'm trying to get my hands on Gravity Rush and MGS myself, and I know the wait isn't making it easy.

gears2.jpg

SCEA are the only ones that can't seem to update a store at a regular time

Seriously, who is there right mind could wait until day 2 to buy a video game? Everyone knock over a magazine rack!

5fwHtl.jpg

I'll wait till 10PM to start up my RAGE mode
Quick update. According to the ops team, the best case scenario is around 8pm PST tonight for today's update.
So, yeah, this should be fun! :D

mj_popcorn.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This is not rare, maybe rare for the last year or two, but over the life of PSN, it's happened a bit.

This. You guys were doing so good these past 3-6 months, WTF is happening here today!?

JABEE

This. You guys were doing so good these past 3-6 months, WTF is happening here today!?
They forgot the Vita existed and didn't realize Gravity Rush and MGS were coming out today. Motorstorm car updates we've been receiving are packaged by SCEE in a way that the updates came out for that by accident.

TheSeks

Aw shit, everybody brace for impact. We've got 18 minutes until a very angry GraveRobberX starts destroying anything and everything in his path. D:

*Aerosmith's I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING.mp3*

Nah, we just have to send a mod into orbit to intercept him and destroy (read:
ban
) him before he impacts this thread.

Cudder

Thanks for keeping us posted, mochuuu, but if you don't mind me asking, could you shed some light on the reasons why the PlayStation Store update is so late today?

As others have indicated in posts above, many other online marketplaces (including Nintendo, Microsoft, and even other Sony regions) have the ability to adhere to a regular, consistent schedule. Is there a reason why SCEA does not also do this?
On deaf ears, man. Deaf ears.

Sony doesn't want to succeed anymore. They just don't. I get that now.

It is beyond baffling at this point how inept they are at something the competitor gets right with relative ease.

I try not to harp on it, but there are so many small examples of Sony being inept at things their competitors seem perfectly comfortable doing.

W1SSY

Obviously the have so many great games and deals that are going up today that they couldn't get it up on time.
in my dreams

I just looked up Diablo for ps1 and it looks terribad. I thought it might be cool to have on the psp go, but the controls just look too clunky and the enemy overlays are awful as well. I think I've played both Starcraft and warcraft and Diablo enough for one lifetime...

eznark

Banned
Hey all,

Quick update. According to the ops team, the best case scenario is around 8pm PST tonight for today's update. The team is working to ensure this is a rare scenario, but thanks for your patience. I'm trying to get my hands on Gravity Rush and MGS myself, and I know the wait isn't making it easy.

Hilariously incompetent. Thank God the PSP Go died. An all digital Sony is the stuff of nightmares.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'd be bitching at your incompetence Sony but I left my charger at work. So no Gravity Rush for me tonight anyway!

Seriously get your shit together. This is so embarrassing. I know Nintendo is around to keep last place on an online front impossible to achieve but this is totally inexcusable.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey all,

Do you know why Kotaku of all the gaming journalism out in the wild is asking why is Sony in third place... it's due to incompetence from top to bottom

We are loyal customers, who want to spend money on your service, it's a fucking crazy notion I know, but come the fuck on, you can't go from releasing in a normal manner for 3 weeks and go off the rails and go back to old habits, even drunks stay sober longer than PSN store updates

It's unreal how I'm about to drop close to $400 this weekend in hardware + software for Sony, it's like battered wife syndrome
I'm on my 5th PS3 come Saturday, will be dropping close to $100 in VITA software just satiate my hunger for content

TheSeks

I just looked up Diablo for ps1 and it looks terribad. I thought it might be cool to have on the psp go, but the controls just look too clunky and the enemy overlays are awful as well. I think I've played both Starcraft and warcraft and Diablo enough for one lifetime...

You have to remember it came out before the Dual Shock controller did. So it's quite competent with the clunky d-pad movement aside as a console port of a dungeon crawl/loot whore game.

Psi

Is there some reason they never stagger the updates? What stops them from putting up what is ready when they can?

It's all a mystery. Safe assumption is either incompetency/poor management or they just don't give a shit and the higher ups let them do whatever they want.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Is there some reason they never stagger the updates? What stops them from putting up what is ready when they can?
I don't think you completely understand Sony's business model.
  • If it is convenient for the consumer: avoid it.
  • If people want to give you their money: make it difficult.
  • If it will increase consumer confidence: go the other direction.
Pretty simple, really.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Do you know why Kotaku of all the gaming journalism out in the wild is asking why is Sony in third place... it's due to incompetence from top to bottom

We are loyal customers, who want to spend money on your service, it's a fucking crazy notion I know, but come the fuck on, you can't go from releasing in a normal manner for 3 weeks and go off the rails and go back to old habits, even drunks stay sober longer than PSN store updates

It's unreal how I'm about to drop close to $400 this weekend in hardware + software for Sony, it's like battered wife syndrome
I'm on my 5th PS3 come Saturday, will be dropping close to $100 in VITA software just satiate my hunger for content

1 minute too early. You are being unfair here. Not even waiting until the time you promised to wait. How is Sony supposed to handle that?

AkuMifune

Banned
Pretty simple, really.

MN0076579.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
1 minute too early. You are being unfair here. Not even waiting until the time you promised to wait. How is Sony supposed to handle that?

Well it was 10:00PM on my clock on my computer

"Oh Wells!"

Darknight

I think when Jack announces Grace Chen has been fired at E3 20XX, it will be a glorious day and a MEGATON for the community!

TheSeks

I think when Jack announces Grace Chen has been fired at E3 20XX, it will be a glorious day and a MEGATON for the community!

Nah, just demoted to late blog posts.

"We'll finally update on time guys, but you won't know the full update at work for a six hour delay!"

Well, screw this Digital Download all DD stuff, I am going to freaking Wal-Mart. See what you did to me Sony? I am going to Wal-Mart, by myself, so I cannot even play Wal-Mart Bingo while I am there.

I'll just go wait in the Electronics Dept for about 15 minutes and buy the game when someone finally comes to help me. Will still be quicker than this silly PSN business.

Pretty simple, really.

Haha, you should tweet that to Shuhei Yoshida. So true.

Derrick01

Banned
So I guess these updates only fuck up when they're actually adding vita games huh? That's some kind of special incompetence.

Quite frankly, I'm surprised Jack Tretton still has a job. When it comes to sales, SCEA has been the weak link this entire generation. Wonder why?

monocromo

GC : "Hey people, I have an idea. Since we work for a gaming company, what do you think if we make a game to celebrate our weekly update ?"

crowd : "Yeeeesss ! lets do this !"

GC : "One little detail. The loser should go to Gaf and tell everyone about a very late update"

crowd: "ohhh..."

Man it's a good thing I have just conditioned myself not to even bother with downloading on Tuesday, unless I know it is up early. The disappointment in this thread. It is mind boggling how they can't make this happen on a set time on a regular basis. Europe and the other PSN stores don't have this issue do they?

DD being released a day later, no sales, easy to say retail is the way to go for vita

I thought ps vita games were 10% off retail? Obviously at this point in the gen it is always better to wait for bomba pricing, but some of us apparently have no will power and need to buy stuff right away, which makes digital at least a bit more appealing (assuming the store updates on time and you get the discount of course)

By the time vita is down at 150 all of the games I want will be on the store so I'm in no rush.

Flunkie

Banned
I thought ps vita games were 10% off retail? Obviously at this point in the gen it is always better to wait for bomba pricing, but some of us apparently have no will power and need to buy stuff right away, which makes digital at least a bit more appealing (assuming the store updates on time and you get the discount of course)

By the time vita is down at 150 all of the games I want will be on the store so I'm in no rush.

That was supposed to be the idea. But they're not anymore. Only a few launch ones.

Top Bottom