• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to Infinity War |OT| “We’ll lose.” - “Then we’ll do that together too.”

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Yo that cast list at the bottom, is that legit? Peter Dinklage in a secret role? Michael Rooker as Yondu... somehow? Flashback in this stuffed movie?

I know that Peter Dinklage was in talks to be in the Avengers movie(s), but I can't remember if he was actually confirmed on being in it or not.

New promo art for IW.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...th-the-guardians-in-awesome-promo-art-a153329

Tbh, I think everyone looks ugly as shit barring the Guardians on this.

Stark's new armor continues that hideous trend of trying to make him look too sleek and man in spandex like.

Cap's beard is cool but he looks like he hasn't washed his costume since the finale of Civil War

Iron Spider is just an L, one of the ugliest Spider-Man costumes ever.
IMO, the Guardians look the best. Stark's armor isn't great, probably the worst costume here, but it's fine, I guess. Not sure if I can judge Iron Spider until I see it in context, cause it is a pretty cool suit in function. And Cap looks pretty good. Definitely seems like he's gone through some shit.

Fuchsdh

Yeah the effects for Iron Man were what surprised me the most. I guess it makes sense, because shiny metal is one of the easiest surfaces to work with, but for the most part you can't even tell that they CG'd the suit for almost every shot, it's quite seamless.

It's interesting how much the visual style with Iron Man's HUD has basically become the standard for that kind of UI in all sorts of films now, as well.

In some ways it feels like it's aged better than its contemporaries like The Dark Knight—not that it's a bad film, but it feels a bit more like another era, whereas Iron Man feels like it could have come out this year in Bizarro World where the character hadn't launched the MCU. Sadly the "anonymous desert terrorist origin story" is not yet obsolete.

I'm much happier we got Don Cheadle for the sequels, though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah the effects for Iron Man were what surprised me the most. I guess it makes sense, because shiny metal is one of the easiest surfaces to work with, but for the most part you can't even tell that they CG'd the suit for almost every shot, it's quite seamless.

It's interesting how much the visual style with Iron Man's HUD has basically become the standard for that kind of UI in all sorts of films now, as well.

In some ways it feels like it's aged better than its contemporaries like The Dark Knight—not that it's a bad film, but it feels a bit more like another era, whereas Iron Man feels like it could have come out this year in Bizarro World where the character hadn't launched the MCU. Sadly the "anonymous desert terrorist origin story" is not yet obsolete.

I'm much happier we got Don Cheadle for the sequels, though.

100%! i forgot how Howard was in the role - Cheadle ended up being such a big improvement

yuoke

Banned
I don't know, it's weird because I really like cheadle a lot and overall more than Terrence, but I kind of would have preferred TH to stay rhodes. I feel like the contrast in personality would have been better because cheadle play rhodes way more outspoken.

What's even weirder to think about is how things would have been if Norton stayed as banner. It's really hard to imagine that now for the avengers, or even more for ragnorok.

Fuchsdh

I agree although for me Howard was more a beliveable Air Force Pilot than Cheadle is.

I'd probably agree, but he doesn't really do any Air Forcey stuff in the sequels, so that problem solved itself.

Really the dynamic between Rhodes and Stark in the first movie isn't really clear—I never really got why he was friends with Uber Dick Tony. Cheadle punches back a lot more in his films, and makes it feel less like a rich dude shitting on the guy who's supposed to be his friend.

jon bones

Next up: The Incredible Hulk!

The biggest MCU re-cast... let's see how it all holds up.

Looking forward to seeing Thunderbolt Ross's MCU intro - with Civil War over and Secret War / Thunderbolts on the horizon, he may end up being one of the MCU's most long-standing characters...

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Looking forward to seeing Thunderbolt Ross's MCU intro - with Civil War over and Secret War / Thunderbolts on the horizon, he may end up being one of the MCU's most long-standing characters...
We're never getting Thunderbolts

Fuchsdh

Incredible Hulk feels like forever ago in comic book movies I entirely forgot that Hurt had appeared in the MCU before Civil War until now.

Incredible Hulk is underrated, just like First Avenger. Very fun film even though the last fight is kinda boring. I actually rather enjoy both Hulk films but I understand why they're not that popular.

I wonder if we'll ever see Betty again.

jon bones

We're never getting Thunderbolts

Feige said Gunn can do whatever he wants after GotG, and he said he wants Thunderbolts.

We have Thunderbolt Ross in a high government position, we have a Zemo with whom "the living are not done" and we'll have Ghost soon.

I think we are heading towards it in the MCU.

Cracking idea. I've just reached TFA in my rewatch so I'll slow down a little and watch with you guys.

On TIH... it's really not bad. Norton is surprisingly likeable in the role, the narrative is simplistic but easy to follow, and I dig the chemistry between him and Tyler. Really weird seeing General Ross in this before Civil War.

I would have been interested to see Norton carry his Banner over into the Avengers but Ruffalo is so good at what he does I can't bring myself to care too much.

Feige said Gunn can do whatever he wants after GotG, and he said he wants Thunderbolts.

We have Thunderbolt Ross in a high government position, we have a Zemo with whom "the living are not done" and we'll have Ghost soon.

I think we are heading towards it in the MCU.

Why else bring Ross back after 9 years in a non-Hulk film in a role that encourages superhuman oversight and control? I was sure we'd get a post-credits tease after Civil War but that film had so much else to set up.

Oh and something that bothers me that nobody else seems to have noticed; Ross has Red Hulk colours on his tie in civil war!

My free time is very sporadic these days but I'll try to catch up to your schedule when I can manage it.

TIH and Thor The Dark World are the only two I haven't seen at all. I'm not sure what I'm in for.

My free time is very sporadic these days but I'll try to catch up to your schedule when I can manage it.

TIH and Thor The Dark World are the only two I haven't seen at all. I'm not sure what I'm in for.
Red hot mediocrity. Dark World isn't worthy of the tiresome meme it's become, it's just desperately "OK".

I'll probably hop on in March and binge them all to catch up to y'all. Wanna wait till Black Panther is out and the date's a little closer. I'm also totally gonna watch Homecoming a ton when it's released digitally.

Bernbaum

Sure, I'm in. They're good films.

There was a massive exhibit on the MCU here at Brisbane's Gallery of Modern Art that ran for months. Tonnes of props and insight into the creative production of the films. There were plenty of screens with iconic clips from the entire series and I left the gallery thinking I should do a chronological rewatch. May as well hey?

jon bones

whew, IM2! been crazy with work, thankfully i have these on my iTunes account and can nibble through them on my commute. can't wait for that iPhone X....

Next up: the introduction of Thor!

Sorry to skip ahead, but roommate hadn't seen Civil War and we ended up watching it tonight.

At the point where Tony tells Steve he doesn't deserve the shield, remark: "but does he deserve the big Toblerone?"

b1SSIHu.jpg

jon bones

whew, 2 weeks may have been too short. people be busy.

anyway, it's time to start the story of one of the GOATs

Captain America: The First Avenger

Top Bottom