• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
I have these extra fossils if anyone needs them for their museum.

Ammonite (x2)
Ankylo Skull
Archaeopteryx
Dimetrodon Skull (x2)
Dimetrodon Torso (x2)
Diplo Hip
Fern Fossil
Ichthyo Skull
Pachy Tail
Parasaur Torso
Raptor Torso (x2)
Shark Tooth
Spino Torso (x2)
Stego Torso

Acid08

Banned
Photo duuuuuuuuuump

tumblr_mqv8swaKJQ1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

Giving Nook some of Brewster's famous poisoned coffee.

tumblr_mqv8qu75rQ1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

Museum display aka gyroid storage unit.

tumblr_mqv8nqukCl1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

I don't believe you, man.

tumblr_mqv8kzBH2t1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

.....nah probably not D:

tumblr_mqv8i4mtyd1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tumblr_mqv8gpK3SW1qhp6tuo1_400.jpg

Lobo, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????????????? Are you dusted or what?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Almost all of my rooms are at their limit now -_-

I just keep stuffing the rooms full of as much junk as I can; need to rethink my approach, but picking up all that furniture is going to be so harrowing, lol.

I feel you man lol

That's very weird.

Labelle gave me her mannequin today. Now I can display the Samus costume in my Nintendo exhibit.

You should've said it wasn't weird, then when I revealed the room with pride, you could've shot me down. Duh dude.

Well said Niraj. I rarely play online with anyone, yet I love AC GAF. I wish I had more time to help and get involved, but that's usually weekends for me. I appreciate everyone's help thus far.

I'm hoping to assemble a room of DLC and rare items that can be ordered so this that streetpass me will benefit as well. Pay it forward, if you will.

suzu

Whelp, I have one and will soon get another of those. I shouldn't complain lol.

*shakes fist at you angrily*

I still don't get how to unlock the mannequins..didn't get one yet.

I think it's like this:

Sable - talk to her everyday for a week or so (might be consecutive?) after unlocking QR machine.
Mabel - buy around 50-ish pieces of clothing
Labelle - buy a hat and/or accessory ? for 30-ish days

Last one is from Gracie.

Lobo, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????????????? Are you dusted or what?
Hopper once asked me the same question. Instead of telling him that he was a penguin (Because Vladimir once asked me this question and I told him that he was a bear -- only for him to rage and tell me that he already was a bear), I told him that he was a mole, and he responded with:

BQY6wRxCMAE2Xza.jpg:large

I just can't win with this question when my townfolk ask me...

Elija2

I think it's like this:

Sable - talk to her everyday for a week or so (might be consecutive?) after unlocking QR machine.
Mabel - buy around 50-ish pieces of clothing
Labelle - buy a hat and/or accessory ? for 30-ish days

Last one is from Gracie.

For Sable's I'm almost positive that you also have to buy a certain number of clothing (although not as much as for Mabel's). I talked to Sable for a month after befriending her but she never gave me her mannequin until I started buying a couple more clothes.

Niraj

Well said Niraj. I rarely play online with anyone, yet I love AC GAF. I wish I had more time to help and get involved, but that's usually weekends for me. I appreciate everyone's help thus far.

I'm hoping to assemble a room of DLC and rare items that can be ordered so this that streetpass me will benefit as well. Pay it forward, if you will.

That's nice of you. I do feel kind of bad about having a bunch of customized shit in my house (since you can't order that) but then I remember I never streetpass people anyway -_-

Wolfe

That's nice of you. I do feel kind of bad about having a bunch of customized shit in my house (since you can't order that) but then I remember I never streetpass people anyway -_-

I like to just consider it the price they pay for getting to look at my super rad house!

Yes, got two turtles, one for in my room and one for Blathers. :D

You tripped me up talking about them in my town, was fishing for them after you left only to notice they show up between 5pm and 8am -_- lol

If anyone's doing a space theme room, I got the space captain's seat as a spotlight item yesterday. I ended up dropping it last night in the town where I sold my turnips but if you need it for some kind of project, I can order another.

I also have an office flooring, bath tile, and sporty floor from Saharah to give away if anyone needs them. I don't want to hang onto them just because they're unorderable.

And, on that note, does anyone have a flower pop wall and cat tower I could catalog, trade, or snitch please? Finally getting over my HHA challenge fatigue and trying to finish my house. Once again, AC-GAF is quick and generous!

I actually found the GameTrailers video which references NeoGAF that covers pretty much everything there is to say about the PWP trick, (I think it was mentioned in OT3?) so this would probably do the job well in place of a text guide.

For the record the video also says 1 suggestion per day.

Only minor things to add include:
  • Trapping a villager with holes so they won't move around
  • Items that you can fill your pockets with include not just Bells but also tools, shells, and flowers
  • Although known as the "swimming trick" the key is really just to avoid eye contact with any villagers for a period of time, so if you prefer to stand around in Main Street (with no villagers around) or at your house you could do that too. However, remember that villager locations can randomize when you leave the screen so this method is less reliable compared to swimming if you're trying to ask a specific villager for suggestions.
For the record, I wrote that based on the consensus here. Yesterday one of the guys at work said he got three or four in a row, but he also said that he hadn't gotten one in a long time. So perhaps there's some kind of deficit that builds up.

Acid08

Banned
If anyone's doing a space theme room, I got the space captain's seat as a spotlight item yesterday. I ended up dropping it last night in the town where I sold my turnips but if you need it for some kind of project, I can order another.

I also have an office flooring, bath tile, and sporty floor from Saharah to give away if anyone needs them. I don't want to hang onto them just because they're unorderable.

And, on that note, does anyone have a flower pop wall and cat tower I could catalog, trade, or snitch please? Finally getting over my HHA challenge fatigue and trying to finish my house.
I can order a flower pop wall for you.

Elija2

And, on that note, does anyone have a flower pop wall and cat tower I could catalog, trade, or snitch please? Finally getting over my HHA challenge fatigue and trying to finish my house.

Don't have the flower pop wall but I do have the cat tower. I also have a couple saplings if you still want them.

I can order a flower pop wall for you.

Oh, thank you, Acid. Anything in my post or otherwise you need, please let me know!

Don't have the flower pop wall but I do have the cat tower. I also have a couple saplings if you still want them.

Thank you! Anything you need? Pretend you're a space captain for instance? If I could stop by sometime to catalog and pick up those saplings, I'd appreciate it. Let me know what I can bring you.

###

I'm officially sapling-ed out, GAF. I've planted all the trees I need. Thanks guys for the donations!

I'm going to get 4 and make a TMNT room in my house.

Nice. :D

I like to just consider it the price they pay for getting to look at my super rad house!

You tripped me up talking about them in my town, was fishing for them after you left only to notice they show up between 5pm and 8am -_- lol

Yeah, sorry, in my town it is EU time, so I could catch them already in my town, just forget that your town is NA time. :(

Levi

Banned
Also I don't get why people said Nintendo items are non existent in August when my store had a cookie for sale today.

Time travelers who didn't have an upgraded Nookingtons. When there is only one cookie for sale, it gets replaced with a firecracker. When there is two cookies, only one is replaced with a firecracker.. at least I think that is how it works.

Tiktaalik

One of my villagers bought a fridge from the flea market and he put it in the middle of his house completely backwards... What a dummy!

It totally ruins the look of his house. I guess I gotta hope he invites me to his house some time, and then I can say it's a bad house, and hope he sends me that piece of furniture in the mail.

Niraj

One of my villagers bought a fridge from the flea market and he put it in the middle of his house completely backwards... What a dummy!

It totally ruins the look of his house. I guess I gotta hope he invites me to his house some time, and then I can say it's a bad house, and hope he sends me that piece of furniture in the mail.

I have taken to buying back the crappy stuff villagers have asked for from me whenever I visit :/

On another note, got the bronze balloon popping badge! Just 1200 more for silver, fuck yeah!

:/

So Harry is moving out. Will be missed but how many hippos can 1 town have (I have two).

So I think I've zeroed in on my next villager: Olivia. Sob story to follow: my cat Sugar died in March, and she was all white and my BFF. Olivia reminds me of her.

So now: how to get her? Reset Trick with campsite 500 times? 10 Million Bells on GameFaqs? Hmmmmm . . .

if you prefer to stand around in Main Street (with no villagers around) or at your house you could do that too. However, remember that villager locations can randomize when you leave the screen so this method is less reliable compared to swimming if you're trying to ask a specific villager for suggestions.
[/LIST]
By the way, hanging out in your house works? I thought you'd have to be on the same map.

Wolfe

Time travelers who didn't have an upgraded Nookingtons. When there is only one cookie for sale, it gets replaced with a firecracker. When there is two cookies, only one is replaced with a firecracker.. at least I think that is how it works.

I honestly think it might just be random, both of my "cookie" spots were taken up by roman candles while other have gotten the bongworks and apparently cookies as well.

Niraj

So Harry is moving out. Will be missed but how many hippos can 1 town have (I have two).

So I think I've zeroed in on my next villager: Olivia. Sob story to follow: my cat Sugar died in March, and she was all white and my BFF. Olivia reminds me of her.

So now: how to get her? Reset Trick with campsite 500 times? 10 Million Bells on GameFaqs? Hmmmmm . . .

Aw man :( sorry to hear bud. I would do the campsite thing first as long as you can without getting bored/annoyed. Gamefaqs as a last result :p

I got this thing in my town now.

Hazel.png

Yeesh

Uniwow!

You can also try the Bell Tree forums which, I believe, are run by a Gaffer. They have a giveaway thread you could keep an eye or ask for help. That seems like a nice tribute to your departed friend. I hope you find her.

zroid

Banned
ughhh what is the deal with whale sharks right now

I've been trying to catch a saw shark, which are normally relatively common, but instead the only shark type i've found since I started looking is whale shark. I got like 6 in a row now.

Garland7G

does anyone have a modern wood table I can catalog, I need to get this sleek one outta my room its screwing with my HHA score.

ughhh what is the deal with whale sharks right now

I've been trying to catch a saw shark, which are normally relatively common, but instead the only shark type i've found since I started looking is whale shark. I got like 6 in a row now.

I heard that this game uses a tweaked form of the desire sensor found in Monster Hunter games.

Zero_IYAD

Help
Spent an hour today between 6-7 PM looking for the petaltail dragonfly but couldn't find one anywhere!
I even went to the island, entered some tours, ran around my town's river for 10s of minutes but nothing :/ !!
Are there special conditions for it to appear or is it just super rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom