• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch | Anniversary Event

Gin-Shiio

Great designs, but I can't stomach praying for the right skins anymore. Getting a bunch of blues after hours of hard work just really bums me out.

RoyalFool

Banned
First time I've picked up a 24 crate thing and regretted it, feels like they've really toned back the rewards or haven't taken into account the chance of re-rolling one of the existing legendaries I already have.

Is it just greed at this point? getting £24 every 4 months feels like it should be enough to sustain the content they are generating for the game, considering the number of players. Doubt i'll buy them in future unless it improves.

If the Soldier dance is a reference to that mining video, it's done really badly. I thought it was just some bad Dad dancing.

Yeah I don't think it's supposed to be a reference at all, just shitty dancing.

But like, any old white dude can pull off the twist.

Keasar

Welp, once again croaked and bought another 100 boxes. Got a ton of OG game stuff.

Seriously, year 2 better be some damn good permanent additions to the game for all the raking of my wallet.

well.. alright. 3v3 is currently the fastest way to get XP though.

How? I get maybe 150-200 xp per match in that mode.

Paltheos

Random Hero is far and away the best mode in the game.

I probably like Comp the most, but out of the arcade modes, Total Mayhem is easily my favorite, and I'm so glad it's back for straight picking instead of in a rotation. Everything is so preposterously strong and team fights so ridiculously elongated (unless your team sucks and picks terrible heroes for the mode) that the fights can go for minutes at a time as teams struggle to accomplish anything. It's constant action without any of the pre-fight pokes that often characterize Overwatch fights, which, by all means, have their place in the game, but sometimes you just wanna go fucking ham, and Total Mayhem lives up to the name.

First time I've picked up a 24 crate thing and regretted it, feels like they've really toned back the rewards or haven't taken into account the chance of re-rolling one of the existing legendaries I already have.

Is it just greed at this point? getting £24 every 4 months feels like it should be enough to sustain the content they are generating for the game, considering the number of players. Doubt i'll buy them in future unless it improves.

They have definitely toned down the rewards drop rate, it wasn't this hard to get the good skins before.

pantsmith

The only way to get better loot distribution is to stop buying boxes and force Blizzard to be more generous. Rise up, brothers and sisters!

I spent 40 dollars last night and only got skins I didn't want...

LiK

Welp, once again croaked and bought another 100 boxes. Got a ton of OG game stuff.

Seriously, year 2 better be some damn good permanent additions to the game for all the raking of my wallet.

How? I get maybe 150-200 xp per match in that mode.

I think I got 6 Event Legendaries from 100 boxes. Lol

Keasar

Great, now I am ending up in matches where people apparently discuss to end in draws because you get ton of exp for that.

I fucking hate this torment...

I got 4, all for characters I don't like.

I dunno I got like, most of em already *shrugsville*

Oh right, cause I gots money!

*throws dollar bills at you*

I'll take it!

tzwwrtxrrthxcxxoccng.gif

My experience as well, Drop rates are way down, I have bought lootboxes on previous events and it was never this bad.

Gin-Shiio

Oh for God's sake.

Are you implicating hyperbole? Getting your weekly crates can take varying amounts of time, and you might even play beyond that for more. Even then, there's no guarantee you get the loot you want. I certainly haven't so far. That has been my personal experience.

God bless ya'll. I got 4 from about 15 boxes so far.

Zarya ( zzzzz)
D.Va (notbad.jpg)
Bastion (notbadbutnotgood.jpg)
Symm (notbad.jpg)

And I've gotten a dance move in just about every box. I have 8 or 9 of them, I think. It's weird, as I really don't have a strong motivation to get any of the others or preference for drops other than NO DUPES. I'd like to have some of the others, but the resolve just isn't there. I love Jazz, so maybe the Lucio one?Maybe Tracer because I like her as a character. Idunno. They're all only slightly above meh for me.

Swiggins

I've gotten Tracer and Sym so far, and I opened about 30 boxes. Can't complain.

I've got almost 9k credits saved up, so if all else fails, I'll just buy a few skins. :)

Kusagari

They need to make the duplicates give you more coins. Getting a duplicate of a legendary event skin that costs 3000 and only getting 200 back is ridiculous.

cakely

Ok, I found an article which talks about the official drop rate in an Overwatch crate. The official numbers were released, as mandated by law, in China. They may or not match up with rates in the rest of the world.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-loot-legendary-skin-chance

I previously stated a 1 in 11 chance for a legendary item dropping from a crate, that was a little high. The rate cited in the article is 1 in 13.5.

The article also states that there is no "pity timer" revealed in the Chinese statistics but their previous research estimated it to be at 25, meaning they never went 25 crates in a row without getting a legendary item.

Symbiotx

Ah ok, I think you're right actually.

Your opinion is fine, but I'm not sure what it had to do with my post that you responded to, or what else you expected me to respond with.

It was to show a different perspective. You may be upset because these event skins are 3000, but I'm fine with it because it was crappy when you couldn't buy the skins you wanted at all. 3000 is better than not having the option IMO.

You didn't really have to respond at all, I was just commenting on it.

Paltheos

They have definitely toned down the rewards drop rate, it wasn't this hard to get the good skins before.

They didn't tone down jack. What they did do is make allot more rewards this time around and make all of the event skins legendary, whereas in past events there was a pretty even distribution between epics and legends.

My legendary drop rate has been as high as it's always been, although I've had the worst luck for the contents of the legendaries since Christmas :( This stuff's inevitable.

Wanderer5

I don't even understand why they reduce how much currency you get from duplicates during events.

Well it never been reduced really, just that no changes were made for event item duplicates when they put in the option to buy them at higher prices.

Dartastic

I noticed this with the Uprising event. Bought $40 loot boxes in every event and it seems like Blizzard nerfed the drop rates starting with Uprising.
Definitely. I've opened like, 13 or so boxes and only got one Legendary, which was a dupe skin and wasn't even from the event. :(

Phu

Banned
Haven't played in a while, jumping in with this event but why the hell are all the new costumes 3k? I remember they used to top off at 1K before.

iirc, event costumes have always been 3k. You couldn't buy them during the Summer Games and everyone got upset so they decided to let people buy them for a premium compared to the year round 1ks.

Waxwing

There have definitely been some non-legendary event skins before- remember picking some up around Christmas time. I think Zen nutcracker was one of the only legendaries and my eyes goggled at the price of it.

Z3M0G

Trigger pulled. I once again own Overwatch.

Digital this time, so im stuck with it. It was time to return.

Edit: controller mapping controls, now able to remote play. That is a nice bonus :)

Bought the game yesterday, I'm level 10 now and I have already 3 legendary anniversary skins, Mei, Soldier 76 and Symmetra. Guess I'm lucky!

PullumPurna

Neo Member
I opened six boxes already and no skins... D:
Well, I have one more box to get this week and my level isn't that high, so I guess I'll keep trying for that Symmetra skin! I desperately need it!

I feel like I used up all my best luck just before the event, I had opened like 20 boxes and got like 5 legendaries, now none so far with 6 opened

Mariip

I got anniversary symmetra and hanzo skins in the same lootbox, i'm really happy because i'm a lucio/symmetra main :3

Now give me my lucio skin blizzard, dammit!

(I got the car wash line too,mwahahaha)

Kremzeek

I noticed this with the Uprising event. Bought $40 loot boxes in every event and it seems like Blizzard nerfed the drop rates starting with Uprising.

This has been my experience as well.

Seems like Halloween & Christmas events had awesome drop rates, then I felt it went down a touch with Rooster, and Uprising & Anniversary even lower.

Before, I felt pretty rewarded for spending some $$ on boxes, but now it just leaves me with such regret that I'm considering just not spending money at all and I get what I get.

Jacqli

I am so disappointed by the anniversary event. It feels meh in comparison to Halloween or Uprising and the skins are a hit and miss. Maybe I am just burnt out of OW, but I am not looking forward to playing this event, I might even skip (I also have an exam next week).

Ploid 3.0

I got nothing from my free box. Oh well, next free box event and I'll be back.

Seems like some people are slowing down on buying the boxes now hah. /money printer

Got the sombra dance emote on one of my first loot boxes.

Just need symettra's skin now and I'm done here.
I'm never gonna get it am i, fucking 3k jeez.

Top Bottom