• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HCS Pro League Summer 2017

jem0208

pro-league-summer-banner-23a3b603455d43d49ae3053226c4678d.jpg

The HCS Pro League is back! The eight best Halo teams in North America competing over the course of 8 weeks, culminating in the season finals at Dreamhack Atlanta, to determine the Halo 5 Pro League Champions. Will EnVyUs retain their title? Will back to back World Champions OpTic Gaming unseat them to become the undisputed best Halo team yet again? Tune in every Wednesday and Thursday to find out!

Schedule:

Teams + Matchups:
- OpTic Gaming - Schedule
Frosty
Royal 2
SnakeBite
Lethul​

- Team EnVyUs - Schedule
Mikwen
Pistola
Snip3down
Huke​

- Str8 Rippin - Schedule
Ace
aPG
Heinz
Danoxide​

- Team Liquid - Schedule
Rayne
Penguin
Eco
Stellur​

- Splyce - Schedule
bubu dubu
Shotzzy
Renegade
Shooter​

- Evil Geniuses - Schedule
Roy
Lunchbox
Tapping Buttons
Falcated​

- Luminosity - Schedule
Tripppey
Victory X
Ninja
Saiyan​

- Ronin Esports - Schedule
Cratos
Spartan
Suspector
Str8 SicK​

Where + When:
The streams will be available at:
https://beam.pro/halo
https://www.twitch.tv/halo

Week 1 24/5 - 25/5 (from 16:30 PT - 23:30 GMT):

Current Standings:
(I'll try to keep this updated as best I can)

Links
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/esports
Season preview.
@Halo
@HCS
@ESLHalo

6RNt0R5.gif

jem0208

EG been looking strong lately.

They looked strong before last season as well before collapsing. Then they dropped Vic X and basically fucked themselves.

Very interesting that Towey has retired though, interested to see how much of a difference that makes...

Trup1aya

They looked strong before last season as well before collapsing. Then they dropped Vic X and basically fucked themselves.

Very interesting that Towey has retired though, interested to see how much of a difference that makes...

True, canning Vic was an overreaction.

I'd like to see them pull 2 upsets tonight. They were looking good in scrims against Liquid before Liquid bailed.

jem0208

True, canning Vic was an overreaction.

I'd like to see them pull 2 upsets tonight. They were looking good in scrims against Liquid before Liquid bailed.

Splyce is going to be a tough match although they haven't played since winning the LCQ.

LG beat EG 8-5 in their latest scrims.

Will be interesting to see how EG do. Shame the LG - EG match is so late, no way I'll be able to watch it...

BTM

Not sure if anyone would be interested but if anyone is into Fantasy sports there is one for the HCS where you get to pick 4 players to put on your team. FantasyHCS

Should be a fun season

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Thanks for making a thread. Love this. Still hoping for LG to perform like they did early on - I don't think ninja and trippy get along all that well when things don't go right

op_ivy

Spartan played really well. Him and suspected deserve better

op_ivy

Dayamn, NV just shat all over luminosity there. Easy 3-0. Hope LG can turn it around vs EG

GTSweet

Neo Member
I think LG will bounce back. They haven't scrimmed enough.

EG with Tapping Buttons looks much improved!

Splyce is nasty right now, young gods.

op_ivy

Only caught game 3, but shocked spylce 3-0d em. Did liquid look bad? I know they don't always put up good scrum results but are a pretty obvious top 3 at lan(d), could this be a result of an online pro league?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Only caught game 3, but shocked spylce 3-0d em. Did liquid look bad? I know they don't always put up good scrum results but are a pretty obvious top 3 at lan(d), could this be a result of an online pro league?

They seemed to making a lot of mistakes.

NV looking good after the first ctf

op_ivy

"A little turtle head poking out" - strongside

"Is that because NV is currently pooping on them?" - T2

Oh my. Lol. T2 calling out strongsides side-isms makes a great duo

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
"A little turtle head poking out" - strongside

"Is that because NV is currently pooping on them?" - T2

Oh my. Lol. T2 calling out strongsides side-isms makes a great duo

That was pretty funny. This will be crazy if they get swept..... Have they ever been swept.

First time ever hearing about death screens for considering where to move to. That's pretty neat.

Yeah, man, in Halo you always want to look around on your death screen or cycle through your teammates 3rd person cams and help with callouts and warnings and such. Especially key in Arena gametypes.

Yeah, man, in Halo you always want to look around on your death screen or cycle through your teammates 3rd person cams and help with callouts and warnings and such. Especially key in Arena gametypes.

Sure but it's the intentional misdirection the commentators talked about that's next level stuff. Never realised, but makes sense now, it was something that folk do.

op_ivy

What's up with Naded? Dude is on a different team every event or not attending.

He's been having a hard time sticking with a pro team. Last I've heard, he has retired again. He's still a darn good player though

Sure but it's the intentional misdirection the commentators talked about that's next level stuff. Never realised, but makes sense now, it was something that folk do.

Oh. Yeah, big part of situational awareness is not only helping you/your team with knowledge, but jukes as well for sure.

NV looked good in those first two games, but that OG reverse sweep was legit.

All the games tonight have been pretty good. Definitely enjoying the faster, more intense pace no autos, and tweaked radar has brought to the game. Both as a spectator and player.

This Str8/Ronin series is intense as hell.

op_ivy

Like Spartys set up and papa Spartans involvement. Cool to see

Top Bottom