• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 PC Gamer Details [Up3: Four Demos At E3, 30+ Minute Livestream]

kokujin said:
I read some stuff and they said they added same sex love interests, but they said there were no new characters.Does this mean some of the old characters turned gay between the games?

We never really did find out what Wrex was into!

Firestorm said:
360 version is the same as PS3 isn't it? Just have to pay for the DLC which if you add it all up is roughly the price of the PS3 game.
So the 360 version was less than 60 dollars?

Firestorm said:
I think I only bought Kasumi and Shadow Broker though. Hammerhead didn't seem too interesting.

It wasn't all that interesting as a standalone DLC, but it was an improvement over ME 1's tank driving sections (IMO) But I can say that only because it was part of the whole (PS3 version's) experience. Not something I had to pay for.

It should have been in the main game regardless, because it felt like content that didn't make it in time for the final game.

Firestorm said:
And what you pay for is the digital file. A coaster isn't much good. You want what's written in the coaster so your PS3 can read it. I agree it should be cheaper because there's no distribution or manufacturing costs, but let's not make "digital file" sound like it's irrelevant.

Thats all I meant by it. I wasn't trying to take away the quality of the game because of what it was. Just that the pricing should have changed to reflect the product. It just made whoever set the price seem greedy.
If I'm paying for a full 60 dollar game, I'd rather have a dependable coaster with case than a 60 dollar digital file. Especially with how the PSN is nowadays... I dont know how it all works but it would suck if you couldnt play the digi file of ME2 because the network was down.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
FlashbladeGAF said:
It wasn't all that interesting as a standalone DLC, but it was an improvement over ME 1's tank driving sections (IMO) But I can say that only because it was part of the whole (PS3 version's) experience. Not something I had to pay for.
No one had to pay for it except for used copies.

kokujin

Banned
zmoney said:
Could be new team members that were in old games but are new to the team? I dunno how they're gonna swing that one though. Interesting question.

ConradVerner.png

CrazyDude said:

One example of these unifying missions comes about halfway through Mass Effect 3. Shepard and crew have journeyed to the Salarian homeworld, Sur'Kesh, to rescue a Krogan princess. Yes, she's crazy hot. The princess in question is the key to uniting a divided Krogan homeworld. Mordin Solus is assisting (it is his home planet after all), and naturally the Krogan clan leader Wrex Urdnot has quite an interest in the princess.

I'm just imagining Wrex in a blonde wig.

Jarmel

Banned
Looks like Montreal is also helping with the game, mainly art and animation.

The devs are starting to post alot on the Bioware forums.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Jarmel said:
Looks like Montreal is also helping with the game, mainly art and animation.

The devs are starting to post alot on the Bioware forums.
Hmm, seeing this I went to check and found these:

BioWare said:
Ok, trying again... part of the problem is that a lot of the reporters that came by either misconstrued, misrememberd or misunderstood what may have been mentioned in passing. Case in point the "50ft mech"... which is actually 15ft.

So I'm not really sure where we're at with the whole "correcting" some of those statements things.

Anyways, here's some stuff I think I can probably mention without getting in trouble. ;)

* # of mods per gun is still in flux. Not all guns can support all types of mods.
* Enemies may or may not drop weapons... that's something we're still playing around with. They *can* we're still trying to figure out if the gameplay is fun or not. :)
* Not sure what NG+ is going to look like just yet... someone else might know the plan
* Cerberus faction is not what is listed. You've seen (Trooper, Centurion and Phantom. You'll probably see the Guardian and Atlas at E3).
* The engineer class heavy melee is a flame attack. It kills the **** out of stuff, really fun to use... it's not called "Lighting Up" though... not sure where that came from.
* Laser weapons are around... but we may not ship with them. They're expensive, performance wise.
* The reaper Krogan (Brute) has armor plating on his chest/belly area you can shoot off. The reaper Asari (Banshee) has a bit of a potbelly.
* The upgrade slots you have listed for guns is an overlap with your earlier comment on mods.
* I have't heard anything about headgear that modifies your scope zoom... that's possible, but I don't think that's currently planned.
* We call BlindFire, Partial Leans (shepard and enemies just lean out less when performing the action)... since it isn't a true blind fire (like in other shooters)
* Cover is still on A (for now)
* You'll see the omni-blade at E3. I'm not sure if that's what we're going to be calling it.

I'm being fairly blunt here... I'm not sure how you'd want to modify your list based on some of this information... (maybe just don't take everything I've said here verbatim, please :)).

Beyond that there's some nitpicky stuff, but some of that is just the wording of some of the sources.
Also there will be four different demos at E3, but likely only one at the EA press conference itself.

me34demoskpjy.png

bengraven

I'm hyped. I may actually play ME1 and 2 a few months ahead of time because I've forgotten most of my choices by now.

Unless I'm playing Skyrim.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
All I care about right now is simultaneous PC release along with console versions. Make me happy, Bioware.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kaako said:
All I care about right now is simultaneous PC release along with console versions. Make me happy, Bioware.

I'm sure it'll be available to purchase exclusively at EA Origin on day one.

Dany

Banned
I prefer the cracked 3 logo from early promos. But I guess if is the end of a trilogy, end with all you got

CrazyDude

Gonaria said:
That Mass Effect 3 logo is hideous. Really doesnt feel like Mass Effect either
It's part of trailer when they reveal the logo. So something explodes and then the regular Mass Effect logo comes up.

Piecake

CrazyDude said:
It's part of trailer when they reveal the logo. So something explodes and then the regular Mass Effect logo comes up.

I really don't like the explosions, flames and laser beams to begin with. They should make the animation feel dark, ominous, and foreboding, not go all out Michael Bay style, since who the hell likes Michael Bay?

Gonaria said:
Why wouldnt that make sense? You think Krogan's produce asexually or something?
No I just thought that a splintered clan based society with small and insular social groups wouldn't be too big on the idea of one specific family line that has a divine right to rule based on extreme lack of logic.

Dany M said:
What haven't you liked so far about the teases and previews for ME3?
As time passes my dislike for ME2 continues to grow. ME3 is just tainted by association. At this point I'll probably settle for a decent 3rd person shooter, because Bioware hasn't made a passable RPG sine DA:O.

malfcn

Looking forward to it. Starting to play ME2 after I never finished it. Makes me sad that my lvl 59 imported (was trying for 60) somehow didn't get Liara. Now I am rolling with Jack.

Lostconfused said:
Sure why the hell not, since when did things have to make sense.

What doesn't make sense about that? Maybe the names a little weird, but the backstory of the Krogan is pretty much that the fertile female krogan are fought over and protected by the various warlord clans. So assuming that's what a "princess" is, that would be pretty important.

Iksenpets

Banned
Lostconfused said:
No I just thought that a splintered clan based society with small and insular social groups wouldn't be too big on the idea of one specific family line that has a divine right to rule based on extreme lack of logic.

As time passes my dislike for ME2 continues to grow. ME3 is just tainted by association. At this point I'll probably settle for a decent 3rd person shooter, because Bioware hasn't made a passable RPG sine DA:O.

I was just thinking "princess" was a convenient shorthand for a clan lord's daughter or other high ranking member. Someone whom rescuing would earn you some credit with the female clan she represents.

Piecake

Lostconfused said:

She could just be some figurehead with no real power, basically like the queen of England, who's only real significance is that she was the of the ruling family before the genophage and horrible crap that happened to the krogan

IGN said:
All you have to do is convince the galaxy humanity's worth saving.
Yeah some writer at IGN is simply trying to pad the word count. But it would be very entertaining that Bioware wasn't satisfied with ME2 having an irrelevant ending that they want to retroactively diminish the significance of ME1's ending.

IGN said:
Sure, Mass Effect games have always looked like shooters, but they've never really played like them. Yeah, you pointed and shot at things, but the less tangible particulars of combat have always eluded BioWare's sci-fi epic. Mass Effect 2's battles weren't the chore they often were in the original, but they weren't what anyone paid the price of admission for. The cover mechanic was limited in comparison to dedicated third person action games, and guns lacked any sort of oomph.

It all felt like a different game, like a different series even. Where Mass Effect 2 felt like a slightly tighter Mass Effect combat-wise, Mass Effect 3 is in an entirely different space.
Remember that game that you liked? Yeah it's not actually good. But this one is better, because its a sequel, that's how it works. Right? Right?

HadesGigas said:
What doesn't make sense about that? Maybe the names a little weird, but the backstory of the Krogan is pretty much that the fertile female krogan are fought over and protected by the various warlord clans. So assuming that's what a "princess" is, that would be pretty important.
Sure I guess we can assume that the writer at IGN simply misinterpreted the plot details and wrote a poor article that didn't properly convey the game's story.

Top Bottom