• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

EGOMON

I made a list of all multiplatform games shown on PS4:
- Assassin Creed IV
- Watch Dogs
- Theif
- COD Ghosts (tomorrow)
- Battlefield 4
- NFS Rivals
- NBA 2K14
- Destiny
- FIFA 14
- The Evil Within
- The Crew
- The Division
- Daylight
- MGS 5

Is there any game from the above list been shown on XB1 too (beside FIFA14&BF4)? also are there other multiplates shown on PS4 and i didn't listed it?

Huh that's surprising. You'd think because it looks the best but I'd just guess it must have been somewhat more noticable to not go with the tried and true platform that you have the exclusive deals with.

I guess I'm still wrapping my head around the concept of Sony having better HW than MS after two gens of it being the other way. I know from the spec sheets it is, Knut it'll be different when the games start coming out. But even then, with launch games I figured things would be close

Afrikan

so PS4 is now the lead platform for games?

you would think so, no?

if its easier to develop for...and easier to get your game up and running quicker.... you get that out the way then port over....and optimize from there.

mind you, I have ZERO experience in what I'm talking about.....so take it with a grain of salt.

Ban shinobi if old. Apparently IGN will be revealing multiple Call of Duty Ghosts vids on their site all this week. And in a series first, it will be shown on a Playstation console (PS4 1080p) before release.

LVV2w7E.png
24102.gif

I made a list of all multiplatform games shown on PS4:
- Assassin Creed IV
- Watch Dogs
- Theif
- COD Ghosts (tomorrow)
- Battlefield 4
- NFS Rivals
- NBA 2K14
- Destiny
- FIFA 14
- The Evil Within
- The Crew
- The Division
- Daylight
- MGS 5

Is there any game from the above list been shown on XB1 too (beside FIFA14&BF4)? also are there other multiplates shown on PS4 and i didn't listed it?

I don't believe The Crew has ever been shown on PS4.

stryke

Is the last part of the thread title correct?

Looking for CoD PS3 previews or reviews and coming up empty.

This seems to be the first by choice.

Last year they showed BLOPSII on Wii U before release, but that was at a Nintendo event so of course they showed that version.

jim2011

This seems to be the first by choice.

Last year they showed BLOPSII on Wii U before release, but that was at a Nintendo event so of course they showed that version.

So no, not a series first... Thread title is wrong, oh wait there's a ? thus its ok to be wrong.

Interesting. Activision might not be happy about all the Titanfall love from MS.

I think you may be right about this. They can't be stoked that ex employees took the formula, upgraded it, are getting shit tons of accolades and a serious MS marketing push. Someone's salty.

Corsick

I have not played a COD since COD 4, as I get burned out easily on FPS games and really don't get enamored with them much at all (Halo 3 was my last Halo as well). On the other hand, I love offline persistence and AI intermingling with people in a competitive environment. The idea of leading a bunch of AI against another human squad leader is actually quite intriguing to me. Then seeing how well they do while I'm gone the next day or so is interesting as well. I think the biggest key to making it work is adding enough variance and unique traits that AI can develop, start with or acquire over time to make them feel different. So my squad is different from your squad, and it is played out through the match with a noticeable difference between different squads that have different mentalities and styles. I'm a bit cynical towards franchises like this though, for the same reasons many others are. I will probably wait to see how this truly works out when the game is live and in the wild. Kind of funny that I'm more interested in a mode that is highlighted by its use of AI instead of player vs player interactions, especially in a multiplayer mode in COD.

I have this game preordered but haven't followed the news too closely. Does anyone know if custom logos are in the game again? If so, is there an option to hide them this time?

I thought there would be no difference between games at launch? I thought the power gap wouldn't be noticeable?

Anyways, I wonder if the Xbox One really is that difficult to work with. I'd never expect to see Call of Duty promoted on a Sony system. Interesting times are ahead.

frizby

They're advertising on the PS4 Because they're competing with KZ and BF4 on the higher selling next gen console

They are "advertising" on Xbone.

The unique thing here is that they are doing media previews for Ghosts on PS4, and last gen they previewed every CoD game on 360.

jim2011

I really don't see how one outlet of the press getting access and videos of a specific version says anything about other versions...

DC1

I can't believe it ! COD Squads Mode has me wanting to play freakin COD.
Really... @_@

Fortunate for me, I'm getting my son COD Ghosts in a couple of week and will gladly keep the $10.00 PS4 redemption code for myself

Faustek

I know I know but what the hell?

Was that really 1080p? Or was IGN videos blurry? The frizzyness of the soldiers in the menus and weapons where way off to be 1080p

Sitting a real nice ISP 1440 monitor here so not on my end...Oh and I'm wearing my glasses even cleaned them because everything felt off.

I know I know but what the hell?

Was that really 1080p? Or was IGN videos blurry? The frizzyness of the soldiers in the menus and weapons where way off to be 1080p

Sitting a real nice ISP 1440 monitor here so not on my end...Oh and I'm wearing my glasses even cleaned them because everything felt off.

I have no idea what the final quality of the game will be, but I believe IGN's video's are 720p at the highest, and half the time quality looks far worse than that in my experience. Wouldn't read too much into it. It's not a good video player. (Then again, few places on the internet are much better.)

frizby

That's not really true, for example, I know at least some Western outlets were sent the 360 FFXIII for review before the PS3 version.

Sorry, I thought the subject would be assumed. I was talking about CoD games, which were reviewed almost exclusively on 360.

Piggus

Sounds like Microsoft can't keep their ho on a leash. Bitch is runnin' wild, man.

But seriously, I'm actually kinda looking forward to Ghosts. I have it an Killzone pre-ordered for PS4. CoD is one of the few third party games that I tend to have more fun with on a console rather than PC. Although since Driveclub was delayed I might cancel CoD and get NFS instead.

so PS4 is now the lead platform for games?

Why would it not be? It's the more powerful system and easier to develop on. People need to realize that a new generation throws a lot of previous generation "trends" out the window.

Top Bottom