• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Champion Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Banned
Man, it is hard sometimes to reconcile your like of a person's skills with their idiocy. I remember when I found out Beck was a Scientologist. :(

OldMan

Banned
giphy.gif

Crayon

I still think this is a joke conspiracy. It seemingly came out of nowhere. Hollow Earth conspiracy on the other hand, has been around forever.

stilgar

The funny part is,if you're pretending the earth is flat, you have to reinvent EVERYTHING.Tides,gravity,circumnavigation,the freaking galaxy...it's so much more work than chemtrails or lizardmen.
That's why I'm pretty sure that flat earthers are the smuggest idiots of all. They think they're reinventing the wheel whereas in reality, they're just swimming in their own puke.

I work with a guy who thinks that;

- Time isn't real.
- Cern is time traveling (obviously possible without time of course) to the past and grabbing the brains of people like Hitler and Genghis Khan and implanting them into dead people today and making tyrannical zombies.
- Holocaust deniers aren't wrong, they're just from another dimension.
- Asked me how to spell the cereal Froot Loops. I spelled it "Fruit Loops", which is obviously incorrect, thus proving that I am also from another dimension.

And he's 100% serious. Listens to those whacko podcasts this entire shift.

So yeah, people believing that the Earth is flat isn't surprising.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
- Asked me how to spell the cereal Froot Loops. I spelled it "Fruit Loops", which is obviously incorrect, thus proving that I am also from another dimension.

It's crazy how fast something like the mandela effect has spread among conspiracy theorists.

I thought he was joking at first. He had a weird half-smile. Then there was that 2nd time he goes over it, and then he brings up dinosaurs, and so I think, "yeah, he's bullshitting", and then he brings up his justification and suddenly I realize he might be serious...

Lebron needs to pay for this kid's education.

What the hell? I was a freshman at Duke when he was, and I never remember hearing anything about him being dumb as a rock. To the contrary, the only rumors I heard made it sound like he was pretty smart.

He was injured after 8 games into the NCAA season. He probably missed the "Intro to Common Sense" class

I said in the NBA thread that I choose to believe that he's trolling. I'll amend that to say it's also possible that he lost a bet and has to keep up this charade. The combo option is that this is the bet.

Still my favorite player. Get buckets, Uncle Drew.

I said in the NBA thread that I choose to believe that he's trolling. I'll amend that to say it's also possible that he lost a bet and has to keep up this charade. The combo option is that this is the bet.

Still my favorite player. Get buckets, Uncle Drew.

I'll just believe it for a bit.

But this is a dangerous time to be a joking idiot, it's hard to tell, and is has lost a bunch of its humor

how do you go to duke for a year and not learn anything?

also, don't answer that

edit: also, get learnt http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/faq

ok that has to be a joke. I stopped reading at "the sun's orbit"

Astronauts are conspiring and/or mistaken? Seriously? Someone should just send one of these yahoos into space and have them see for themselves.
The other stuff on there is equally ridiculous and frustratingly ignorant :(

Anyone who believes this is a moron, RJ and channing fry have been doing every dumb thing they can to promote their podcast and Kyrie is just stepping up and being a bro to get tons of you to listen and start subscribing to it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Anyone who believes this is a moron, RJ and channing fry have been doing every dumb thing they can to promote their podcast and Kyrie is just stepping up and being a bro to get tons of you to listen and start subscribing to it.

Him doing "planets" in air quotes is what gave it away for me.

I refuse to believe.

#TeamFAKE

shandy706

I did meet someone that said the Earth was flat. Asked him why I can leave on a plane from California, Head West, and end up back on the east coast in the US. Also asked him why the whole Earth isn't lit at the same time if the light is on just one side.

Basically blew me off and said I didn't understand. Didn't even try to give me an explanation.

L Thammy

I did meet someone that said the Earth was flat. Asked him why I can leave on a plane from California, Head West, and end up back on the east coast in the US. Also asked him why the whole Earth isn't lit at the same time if the light is on just one side.

Basically blew me off and said I didn't understand. Didn't even try to give me an explanation.

They're right though, you don't understand. When the plane crosses the wall of ice it enters into the first ring of the realm of aether, in which time does not pass. Human consciousness cannot function normally without the passage of time, so the cockpit is sealed with a special time lubricant that allows it to act as a normal space, allowing them to pass safely travel underneath the planet. Your consciousness resumes seamlessly after you pass back over the wall of ice, making it seem as though you have seamlessly teleported from one edge of the Earth to the opposite one.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
They're right though, you don't understand. When the plane crosses the wall of ice it enters into the first ring of the realm of aether, in which time does not pass. Human consciousness cannot function normally without the passage of time, so the cockpit is sealed with a special time lubricant that allows it to act as a normal space, allowing them to pass safely travel underneath the planet. Your consciousness resumes seamlessly after you pass back over the wall of ice, making it seem as though you have seamlessly teleported from one edge of the Earth to the opposite one.

HpUu8Ah.png

shandy706

X-D

Often rich people and celebs in particular are super self involved and self righteous. Ronda Rousey is a 9/11 and Sandy Hook truther. Mark ruffalo is a 9/11 truther. Pete Carrol Seahawks headcoach is a truther who actually got into a heated argument with a former military official about him "lying" about what he knows. Jesse James is the king of conspiracy theories. Jayden Smith. Hollywood and celebs in general always seem to have all the answers.

This one's a bit different, but I think Leo DiCaprio being the spokesman for global warming is also hilarious given his yacht and private jets with all his fancy excursions and vacations giving him a massive footprint.

Has he not grown up yet? I stumbled upon his facebook the other day and there wasnt anything absurd in it. Actually he seems to be a fan of Elon Musk and Neil Tyson which is always a good thing.
How long ago were those stupid tweets? I must have said some stupid shit when I was 15 too.

Nah. This is some Overton Window plot by the fossil fuels industry. Get a bunch of dim bulb celebrities to start legitimizing the flat earth theory and suddenly climate change denial doesn't seem so outrageous any longer.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Has he not grown up yet? I stumbled upon his facebook the other day and there wasnt anything absurd in it. Actually he seems to be a fan of Elon Musk and Neil Tyson which is always a good thing.
How long ago were those stupid tweets? I must have said some stupid shit when I was 15 too.

It's not a surprise he thinks that way. his father is basically a scientologist.

sonicmj1

I mean this isn't as bad as believing in a jew lizard coalition controlling the world so I guess it's not that bad?

It's related to believing a Jew lizard coalition controls the world. That's why they want you to believe the Earth is a round globe that revolves around the Sun: because they want to convince mankind that they are not made in God's image.

It's insane stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom