• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 Box Art Leaked through Origin [Update: Large Banner Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can extrude the arrow only once, and then its permanently fixed and cannot be folded again.

What I meant to say was the rim would hi the side of the bow and it would go off course.
EXAMPLE:
2CwtA.jpg

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Aren't Crytek supposed to make an announcement sometime soon?

Just thinking about their release window, they have Warface, Homefront 2, Crysis 3 & Ryse all known to be in development. I suppose it is possible it could come out this year after all.

Just thinking about their release window, they have Warface, Homefront 2, Crysis 3 & Ryse all known to be in development. I suppose it is possible it could come out this year after all.

They have like 600 employees, which is odd since they dont seem to make that many or that great selling games, yet they keep growing LOL.

Homefront 2 is to come out between March 2013 and 2014, and thats probably fall next year. Ryse is supposedly moved to the next generation, Warface is PC only so in theory they could release Crysis 3 this fall if they want to.

Unless of course EA is not in the mood for having it go up against Respawn.

I thought Crysis 2 was stupid fun, and the graphics were amazing. Might be the best looking 360 game I've played.

Hope this is coming this fall, but I suspect it'll be next spring.

They have like 600 employees, which is odd since they dont seem to make that many or that great selling games, yet they keep growing LOL.

I think they have studios in Frankfurt,Germany, Budapest,Hungary, Kiev,Ukraine, Sofia,Bulgaria, Nottingham,GB and Seoul, South Korea. Most of these were former developers in other studios (Black Sea Studios, Free Radical) that were shut down. But except for Sofia's Crysis:Warhead nothing released was really developed outside Frankfurt. Currently known is that Seoul is working on WarFace, Free Radical is working on Homefront 2 and Frankfurt is working on Crysis 3.
No idea who is working on Fibble and Ryse.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wasn't Crysis 2 announced reasonably close to its release too?

No. They announced Crysis 2 on June 1, 2009.

The game came out on March 22, 2011 in NA and March 24, 2011 in EU regions.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Can't wait to drool over new weapon models.... <3 Crytek's ones.

crysis22012-01-2919-0j2b4o.png

crysis22012-01-2912-1k0lyy.png

Yes... yes.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Creating games is secondary for Crytek.

"We have some other contracts going on as well for some other non-game industries," Yerli explained. "We have a lot of contracts going on from gas and oil companies, General Electric, all the way to SOCOM. We have a lot of military companies working with our technology, in fact."

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6147/the_bleeding_edge_cevat_yerli_on_.php?page=1

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love both Crysis games so this is day 1 for me. I was kind of hoping that this would be next-gen though, just for the visual bells and whistles and performance.

Bow is always silent. Gun silencers [contrary the videogame myhs] are usable only for a short periods of time.

So they can have a suit that pumps your blood with nanomachines and makes you indestructible, invisible, faster, etc, but their solution to a silent weapon is a bow?

This makes me wonder...

if you are in maximum stealth.... would your arrows be invisible, or would 1 be floating in the air? Or will the arrow be invisible until the second it's released?

tough questions...

Turok in a nanosuit...neat

Seriously though, provided Crytek can highly improve their netcode from Crysis2 I could be willing to support Crysis3. Campaign co-op would be a swell addition as well.

derFeef

So they can have a suit that pumps your blood with nanomachines and makes you indestructible, invisible, faster, etc, but their solution to a silent weapon is a bow?

You know that the bow is not the only weapon in the game, right?
What's up with the hate towards it? I find it pretty cool btw.

Kinyou

You know that the bow is not the only weapon in the game, right?
What's up with the hate towards it? I find it pretty cool btw.
Oh it looks cool, no question. It just so far seems that this is also the only reason why it's on the cover (maybe even the only reason why it's in the game?). Similar to the holoblade in Mass Effect 3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crytek is not owned by EA, and their games are self funded. They can put any price tag they wish.

If this is true, I wonder if they've thought/tried to strike a deal similar to 38 Studios which would allow them to self-publish on Steam.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Bows are fun weapons in any videogame. That was probably the extent of their pitch for Crysis 3.

But indeed, with the current science fiction and fantastical technology that's everywhere in these games, shooting a sharp stick with help of a tight string seems outright comical.
What's next, he's going to ditch all his high-powered ultra-precise modern weaponry in favor of a cool-looking knife for stabbing dudes in the throat?

Actually, i'm willing to bet he has a knife of some kind. Only it's a NANO-KNIFE.

Bows are fun weapons in any videogame. That was probably the extent of their pitch for Crysis 3.

But indeed, with the current science fiction and fantastical technology that's everywhere in these games, shooting a sharp stick with help of a tight string seems outright comical.
What's next, he's going to ditch all his high-powered ultra-precise modern weaponry in favor of a cool-looking knife for stabbing dudes in the throat?

Actually, i'm willing to bet he has a knife of some kind. Only it's a NANO-KNIFE.

Yep, may as well just Max strength and throw the arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom