• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Pokemaniac
(03-14-2017, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Azure Dream

Had a popup notification for "your browser eats battery 38% faster, switch to this other browser". At least it wasn't a redirect. Neither ad directly matched the message, although the top one was also app-related.

Do you use Windows 10, by any chance? Because Windows 10 has ads. Including ones that sound like what you're describing.
mr.beers
(03-14-2017, 07:55 PM)

Originally Posted by vypek

Not a hijack or ad problem for me but my browser is jumping down to the bottom of the page. Anyone else? Or is it just in my end?

Yes. Every page I load it jumps to the bottom. Started early this morning.
More_Badass
My indie-sense is tingling
(03-15-2017, 02:52 AM)
Encountered this on mobile

yayaba
(03-16-2017, 07:26 AM)

Originally Posted by mr.beers

Mine too. It's happening on some other sites I visit too which is weird. So annoying.

I'm on Safari on iOS.
jonno394
(03-16-2017, 09:57 AM)
Don't know if this belongs here, but seeing as viglinks is monetisation based, maybe it does...anyway, I've noticed that all links I click on gaf now all seem to redirect via viglinks

for example pasting a normal link in to GAF and then posting and clicking on this:

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/...42404434481152

processes this

http ://redirect.viglink.com/ ?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_148965457174412&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6 &libId=j0c5vb460100ag8y000DAhvtvaoqy&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforu m%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D1229205&v=1&out=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitt er.com%2Ftyronerodriguez%2Fstatus%2F842242404434481152&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww .neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26noquote%3D1%26p%3D2320 46231&title=NeoGAF%20-%20Reply%20to%20Topic&txt=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Ftyronerodriguez%2F... 42404434481152

Is this new? Annoyingly viglinks is blocked at work, so no link works for me anymore :/

edit - just found this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513337 so it's not new, maybe my work just added it to the blocked list recently...
Last edited by jonno394; 03-16-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Veidt
Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
(03-16-2017, 02:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Pai Pai Master

Wtf is this homophobic shit

She's fucking an animal: that's okay.
These people need to get their priorities straight.
Eusis
(03-16-2017, 05:48 PM)

Originally Posted by vypek

Not a hijack or ad problem for me but my browser is jumping down to the bottom of the page. Anyone else? Or is it just in my end?

It's been happening to me. Noticed it ALWAYS happened with Frontier Communications ads, and also with Walmart and Amazon ads.

Safari iOS by the way.
Bonethug
(03-16-2017, 10:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Eusis

It's been happening to me. Noticed it ALWAYS happened with Frontier Communications ads, and also with Walmart and Amazon ads.

Safari iOS by the way.

Having the same issue on Chrome for iOS on iPad today as well with jumping to the bottom on mobile GAF.
Minamu
(03-16-2017, 11:56 PM)
Have you tried clearing the web cache of visited sites etc?
vypek
(03-17-2017, 05:04 AM)

Originally Posted by yayaba

Mine too. It's happening on some other sites I visit too which is weird. So annoying.

I'm on Safari on iOS.

Originally Posted by Eusis

Safari iOS by the way.

Originally Posted by Bonethug

Having the same issue on Chrome for iOS on iPad today as well with jumping to the bottom on mobile GAF.

Forgot to mention I am on chrome on Android. Oddly enough, the issue was only present the day I posted in this thread earlier. Seems to be gone right now. Hopefully the issue resolved for everyone else effected as well
Rembrandt
that PS4 privilege tho
(03-17-2017, 05:11 PM)
Been getting random pop-ups on firefox for android.

Ads here are really trash on mobile tbh.
toddhunter
(03-18-2017, 08:53 AM)

Getting that tonight, chrome on iphone
Prinz Eugn
(03-18-2017, 04:36 PM)
I keep getting redirect ads, started happening when I got to Europe (we'll see if it goes away when I get back to the states)
ZackieChan
(03-18-2017, 07:08 PM)
Mobile Chrome needs to reload WebGL quite often. Is this ad-related?
The Real Abed
Perma-Junior
(03-18-2017, 11:57 PM)
Ugh. It's jumping to the bottom for every page load for me too. Even when the ad has no content like that confusing cloud one that's been around for years and I don't even know what it's for.

Worse part is I can't even temporarily turn on ad block because I'm on an iPhone 5C. (No 64-bit = no content blockers)
LookAtMeGo
(03-19-2017, 05:28 AM)
I cant scroll past the empire life ads without it opening on mobile. Seems like some sneaky ass way to get hits. Im not touching the fucking ad and it goes to the page anyway. Its only the empire life ads that do this.
shiba5
(03-20-2017, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by The Real Abed

Ugh. It's jumping to the bottom for every page load for me too. Even when the ad has no content like that confusing cloud one that's been around for years and I don't even know what it's for.

Worse part is I can't even temporarily turn on ad block because I'm on an iPhone 5C. (No 64-bit = no content blockers)

This is happening to me now too. Super annoying as I always browse on iPad.
SolarMystic
(03-21-2017, 07:36 AM)
Why is half the ads always conservative bullshit propaganda.

It's really fucking annoying.
Ganhyun
(03-21-2017, 02:23 PM)

Originally Posted by SolarMystic

Why is half the ads always conservative bullshit propaganda.

It's really fucking annoying.

Are they doing the annoying things people are mentioning above? If so, then they also need to go. If not, then I'd rather have them than the ones mentioned above.
XMonkey
lacks enthusiasm.
(03-21-2017, 10:01 PM)

Same here, every single page now. Started yesterday and is continuing today.
SuperPac
(03-22-2017, 01:50 AM)

Same here. Jumps to the bottom on every page on iPad.
GulAtiCa
(03-22-2017, 01:30 PM)
Target ads on mobile are taking over the screen...
Breads
(03-22-2017, 02:36 PM)

Originally Posted by GulAtiCa

Ditto.
mrkapawutzis
(03-22-2017, 03:41 PM)
I just got a fake Facebook hijack for a $1000 gift card. I'm on an Android device using chrome
GameAddict411
(03-22-2017, 03:41 PM)
I just had an ad that took over the browsing. It says I just won a prize. Clearly fake.
LycanXIII
(03-22-2017, 05:39 PM)
Had the Fakebook takeover ad this morning, even causing my phone to vibrate and have pop-up Cheese It ads now.

Android, Chrome.
studyguy
(03-22-2017, 06:53 PM)
I can't even log on with my phone anymore.
My work PC is getting demolished by some ad yesterday. Tried to report which, not entirely sure since the page locks up.

It might be a Toyota ad locking things, couldn't even scroll the page next time I tried to post and it was all I saw.
Last edited by studyguy; 03-22-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Malreyn
(03-23-2017, 05:04 PM)
Theres a "Hotels Combined" banner add at the top or bottom that slows the site to a crawl or sometimes even crashes my browser...I can't even hit "report this add" because I can't even load the webpage...even when I reload the page, the ad is changed to one that doesn't mess it up. It has to do with the input boxes
JoeMartin
(03-23-2017, 05:26 PM)
Yeah that hotel ad completely crushes the neogaf tab to unusable speeds, particularly when trying to type replies, it looks like it's constantly trying to force the input focus to its search bar.

EDIT: If you leave one of the tabs open long enough it just crashes shockwave too.
Last edited by JoeMartin; 03-23-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Mushroomer25
(03-23-2017, 05:37 PM)

Originally Posted by GulAtiCa

Ditto. Seem to be frequent, too.
chromatic9
(03-24-2017, 08:37 AM)
I've started to get these survey pop ups from http://retailnatural.com. Not sure if its to do with ads on here. Scans come up clean.
Theodran
(03-24-2017, 10:59 AM)
Living in Japan, I get NTT Docomo video commercials that auto play in my Safari browser on iOS and stop any music playback I have going. Because of this I have pretty much given up on reading Neogaf during my morning commute and almost exclusively browse on my desktop at work or home.
SlipperyFishes
(03-24-2017, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Theodran

Living in Japan, I get NTT Docomo video commercials that auto play in my Safari browser on iOS and stop any music playback I have going. Because of this I have pretty much given up on reading Neogaf during my morning commute and almost exclusively browse on my desktop at work or home.

Throw a content blocker on there for that specific Ad server, but obviously whitelist neogaf?
shira
(03-24-2017, 10:17 PM)
There be one ad from empire life that activates on scrolling, not a full click

Can't not hit it if you want to see the end of the page on mobile.
demon
I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
(03-26-2017, 11:36 PM)
Don't know if this is an issue with neogaf or with my browser or what (latest version of Safari), but the past few/several days I've noticed that the size of the page isn't formatted properly if I have the text enlarged- I have to scroll horizontally to be able to view everything. It didn't used to be like that. Anyone else experiencing this? I was wondering if it had something to do with the ads so I turned on adblocker (don't ban me) but that didn't have any effect.
Plumbob
(03-27-2017, 02:17 AM)

Obnoxious ads covering half of page. They have you swiping through the dresses, and it says "powered by verizon" in the bottom right corner? (My carrier's verizon, hope they're not hijacking the page).
jae
(03-27-2017, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Theodran

Came to post about these.
Nuro, docomo, a few others. It's a recent thing, within the last week or so. As soon as you hit the bottom of the page they auto play, and you can't choose to block these ads like other ones.
encephalon
(03-28-2017, 04:08 PM)
Just started getting redirects to the Google play store. The latest one was for monster strike...
bunbun777
(03-28-2017, 05:26 PM)
Getting redirects so far only when I go to off topic.

Adajillion or some such thing.
Rodhull
(03-28-2017, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by bunbun777

Yep getting that and multiple redirects to the Google play store any time i try and open the mass effect Andromeda OT thread.

I'm on Chrome for android.
EuropeOG
(03-28-2017, 05:39 PM)

Originally Posted by bunbun777

On mobile, android Firefox.
LookAtMeGo
(03-28-2017, 08:41 PM)
Lol. Just got an ad for usainbolt.com and the ad is just a giant gif of him running the 100m sprint.

Getting lots of giant gif ads. Great for that data usuage.

Edit2 OK pretty much every ad is a video/giant gif. Wtf man.
Last edited by LookAtMeGo; 03-28-2017 at 09:01 PM.
zashga
(03-28-2017, 08:46 PM)
Getting more App Store redirect ads today. This one opens up some crappy World Series of Poker App Store page, opens a new tab in safari, opens an ok/cancel dialog in that tab, then closes that tab and navigates my original tab back one page. It's a weirdly complicated sequence.
DOWN
(03-28-2017, 10:44 PM)
Getting an ad that makes it look like it is that iOS prompt asking "Open in App Store?" With yes and no buttons, but clicking anywhere just goes to the App Store
neoanarch
(Yesterday, 12:03 AM)
I've started getting sound playing from the ads. I mean no actual sound but it triggers the Android media notification. Kind of annoying as it stops the music player.
DjRalford
(Yesterday, 05:52 AM)
Getting paddy power redirects on mobile, it takes me to the iOS store paddy power page no matter what I do.
Negator
(Yesterday, 08:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Plumbob

Obnoxious ads covering half of page. They have you swiping through the dresses, and it says "powered by verizon" in the bottom right corner? (My carrier's verizon, hope they're not hijacking the page).

Im frequently getting these and they cover the whole goddamn screen.
Gunship
(Yesterday, 11:43 AM)
After being fine for a few weeks, GAF now unusable on mobile again. Constant redirects to the app store, iOS, UK. Beyond frustrating when you just want to read a thread, I don't get the point of these obnoxious redirects.
H.Protagonist
XSEED
(Yesterday, 12:00 PM)
I keep getting redirected to some Zen Limited survey while on my desktop without touching anything. It'll just happen randomly when reading a thread. Over and over and over again...

EDIT: Ha! 10 seconds after posting this. GAF is almost unreadable for me today.

Last edited by H.Protagonist; Yesterday at 12:05 PM.
Lifeline
(Yesterday, 12:36 PM)
On the mobile site, keep getting redirected to some scammy Giftcard website. It happens like 10-20 seconds after clicking on a post.

Edit: the site is called mixplatformy.com

It took me a couple tries just to edit this post because it kept taking me to that website.
Last edited by Lifeline; Yesterday at 12:38 PM.