• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Vally
(02-05-2017, 02:54 PM)

24 IS BACK!
  • 12 episodes
  • Mondays on FOX 8/7c (premiere on February 5th after Superbowl)
  • Tony is in! (no spoilers, itīs been all over the promos)

Two and a half years after the events of 24: Live Another Day, an elite squad of U.S. Army Rangers, led by Sergeant Eric Carter, killed terrorist leader Ibrahim Bin-Khalid. Eric, his squad and their families were then forced into federal witness protection to ensure their safety, but six months later an attempt on Carter’s own life makes it clear to him that his team is now exposed.

To thwart further attacks, Carter enlists Rebecca Ingram, an ambitious intelligence officer who commanded the operation that killed Bin-Khalid. She has since stepped down from her post as National Director of CTU in order to support her husband, Senator John Donovan, in his campaign for President of the United States.

Corey Hawkins as ERIC CARTER – an Army Ranger whose homecoming is disrupted by his past coming back to haunt him, and who seeks the help of CTU.

Miranda Otto as REBECCA INGRAM – the former National Director of CTU, struggling with doubts over leaving the agency.

Jimmy Smits as JOHN DONOVAN – Ingram's husband and a U.S. Senator running for President.

Coral Peņa as MARIANA STILES – a bright self-taught CTU computer analyst, and cousin of the late Edgar Stiles.

Sheila Vand as NILAA MIZRANI – the bright and driven campaign manager of Senator Donovan.

Charlie Hofheimer as BEN GRIMES – Carter's former Army Ranger colleague, suffering from PTSD.

Ashley Thomas as ISAAC CARTER – Eric's estranged drug dealer brother.

Anna Diop as NICOLE CARTER – Eric's wife.

Teddy Sears as KEITH MULLINS – the ambitious director of CTU and Ingram's former second-in-command.

Dan Bucatinsky as ANDY SHALOWITZ – a CTU communications analyst.

Carlos Bernard as TONY ALMEIDA

Regular TV thread rules apply:

- Feel free to discuss anything that has aired in the US on the East Coast without using spoiler tags
- Please spoiler tag anything that hasn't aired yet (previews, trailers for the next episodes, etc)

(Thanks to Kifimbo for the OT title!)
Last edited by Vally; 02-15-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Tugatrix
(02-05-2017, 02:57 PM)
Reporting in let's see what they can do with a new main character
dc89
(02-05-2017, 02:59 PM)
I may give this a go. Not watched any of the later seasons of 24. I think I stopped at season 5.
Tugatrix
(02-05-2017, 03:02 PM)

Originally Posted by dc89

I may give this a go. Not watched any of the later seasons of 24. I think I stopped at season 5.

you have seen season 5?
liquidtmd
(02-05-2017, 03:04 PM)

Coral Peņa as MARIANA STILES – a bright self-taught CTU computer analyst, and cousin of the late Edgar Stiles.

lol, Whyyyyyyy

'We want to put a whole new take on 24...Here's fucking Edgars long lost never mentioned cousin who wants to follow in her cousins footsteps as a shit whiny analyst'
The One Who Knocks
(02-05-2017, 03:04 PM)
I'm probably in since 24: Live Another Day was very fun. Anybody have any thoughts on who the mole in CTU is going to be this time?
SargerusBR
I love Pokken!
(02-05-2017, 03:06 PM)
No more Bauer Power Hour :(

You stopped in the best season
Maintenance
(02-05-2017, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by The One Who Knocks

I'm probably in since 24: Live Another Day was very fun. Anybody have any thoughts on who the mole in CTU is going to be this time?

liquidtmd
(02-05-2017, 03:07 PM)

Originally Posted by The One Who Knocks

Smits as the baddie revealed 6 episodes in so his wife has to take him down making it personal
SargerusBR
I love Pokken!
(02-05-2017, 03:08 PM)
The twist is that there is no mole this time.

LOL
SJRB
(02-05-2017, 03:09 PM)

Originally Posted by liquidtmd

lol, Whyyyyyyy

'We want to put a whole new take on 24...Here's fucking Edgars long lost never mentioned cousin who wants to follow in her cousins footsteps as a shit whiny analyst'

lol, didn't even notice that.

EDGAR DIED FOR OUR SINS
Jarrod38
(02-05-2017, 03:11 PM)
Having it on right after the Super Bowl is strange. If the game goes into OT the show may not even start till 11.
Tugatrix
(02-05-2017, 03:11 PM)
Don't trust jay he's zoom (spoiler for Flash)
Shalashaska
(02-05-2017, 03:14 PM)
I was optimistic for the show but some of the reviews seem to indicate that they still fall on the old 24 line of storytelling which probably means I'll be out on the season. I could tolerate it towards the end because it was Jack Bauer but that's it. I'll tune in to see how they use Tony but it'll be on a short leash.
HIGH DEF JEFF
Banned
(02-05-2017, 03:15 PM)
24...but only 12 episodes.
I dont get it.
Mortimer Brewster
(02-05-2017, 03:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Maintenance

I don't think so, mainly because she just played one on Homeland.
liquidtmd
(02-05-2017, 03:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Shalashaska

I was optimistic for the show but some of the reviews seem to indicate that they still fall on the old 24 line of storytelling which probably means I'll be out on the season. I could tolerate it towards the end because it was Jack Bauer but that's it. I'll tune in to see how they use Tony but it'll be on a short leash.

Indeed - whatever faults the show had, Kiefer absolutely put in MAJOR work in terms of holding the more middling moments together. Charasmatic as hell, some of my favourite moments were just absolutely tiny flourishes he put in.

I'm in for the first two episodes but it's got a mountain for me to climb to stick with it.
Woffls
(02-05-2017, 03:19 PM)
lmao Edgar's cousin. I can't wait to see how they attempt to justify this one.
Maintenance
(02-05-2017, 03:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Mortimer Brewster

I don't think so, mainly because she just played one on Homeland.

Trust is like a mirror.
Count of Monte Sawed-Off
un33dab@dpu$$y
(02-05-2017, 03:24 PM)
Looks like shit, but I'm in it for Tony. Please show up before too long.
Tugatrix

Originally Posted by HIGH DEF JEFF

I dont get it.

it worked with last season, was much more cohesive done that way
this_guy
How is this show gonna work? The black guy always dies first

pls don't ban me

Originally Posted by HIGH DEF JEFF

I dont get it.

It's better this way. 24 episodes is too many and they have to stretch out the season with dumb filler, a fake villain to start with, a mole in CTU, then the last third of the season we get the final villain reveal. Less episodes means they can cut out a lot of the junk.
Shadynasty
(02-05-2017, 03:26 PM)
lol at Tony Almeida in his prison jumpsuit. I've been waiting a long time for this. Hope I'm not disappointed.

I dont get it.

It helps avoid shit filler like Kim Bauer vs. a mountain lion.
Last edited by Shadynasty; 02-05-2017 at 03:28 PM.
HIGH DEF JEFF
Banned
(02-05-2017, 03:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Tugatrix

it worked with last season, was much more cohesive done that way

I stopped watching after Season 3 and by then the real time gimmick was playing free and loose. But half the episodes sounds like it kills the hook of the show. I'll take your word for it though!
whytemyke
Honorary Canadian.
(02-05-2017, 03:31 PM)
I don't remember how Tony came back but I do remember epic Zombie Tony conversations from the past.

Did anyone watch that VR episode? Looked interesting
Tapejara
(02-05-2017, 03:33 PM)
Interested to see how this goes. I'm actually fine with twelve episodes, Live Another Day really benefited from it.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(02-05-2017, 03:36 PM)
I'll give this two episodes. If it hooks me, then I'm in for the ride. Otherwise, I just keep watching Homeland.

12 episode seasons are the best idea for this show. That's about as much story as they have to tell. Even the good seasons are padded to hell with tons of red herrings and dumb storylines nobody cared about.
Freeza Under The Shower
(02-05-2017, 03:36 PM)
Jimmy Smiths running for prez again? Well then, the villain is obviously Jed Bartlett. Third term, motherfuckers!

and then the planet blows up. Damn you, tommyknockers.

also this is cancelled in one. See other reboots + actual president.
Shadynasty
(02-05-2017, 03:39 PM)

Originally Posted by whytemyke

I don't remember how Tony came back but I do remember epic Zombie Tony conversations from the past.

Did anyone watch that VR episode? Looked interesting

Tony has a prison scene in the special features of 24: Live Another Day

also this is cancelled in one

You're probably right. I'm hopeful for a good storyline. I hope it does well though so there can be the inevitable return of Jack Bauer so they can finally kill him off properly.
Last edited by Shadynasty; 02-05-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Ushojax
Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
(02-05-2017, 03:44 PM)
Just reading the character synopses makes my eyes roll, they'd better subvert expectations with some of these new guys. Did we really need one of the new analysts to be Edgar's cousin? All the 24 archetypes are there and they don't seem like much more than reskinned Jack, Chloe, Palmer etc.
Dysun
(02-05-2017, 03:45 PM)
Looks pretty bad, but I'll watch for Tony
Soapbox Killer
Grand Nagus
(02-05-2017, 03:46 PM)
I'm going no mole. Also I'm calling it right now. There will be a "Return of Jack Bauer" tease before the 12th hour is over.

CTU Boss "Tony, we have another mission for you"

Tony "???"

CTU Boss "Bring home Jack Bauer"
dead souls
(02-05-2017, 03:49 PM)
I'm in. I made it through seasons 6-8, I can make it through this.
liquidtmd
(02-05-2017, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by dead souls

I'm in. I made it through seasons 6-8, I can make it through this.

If you got past the fact the show didn't really have all that much left to say and the still present goofy subplots (I'm looking at you President Taylors family), there was fun to be had in 7 and at least half of 8.

6 will forever be bobbins though. Incredible missed opportunity to shake up the show with the Season 5 finale
Shadynasty
(02-05-2017, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Soapbox Killer

I'm going no mole. Also I'm calling it right now. There will be a "Return of Jack Bauer" tease before the 12th hour is over.

CTU Boss "Tony, we have another mission for you"

Tony "???"

CTU Boss "Bring home Jack Bauer"

It's probably the only thing that can guarantee a second season.
Servbot24
[CIA SLOWLY TAKES OFF HOOD]
(02-05-2017, 03:59 PM)
I guess I'll watch it. Damn it.
Gabriel_Logan
(02-05-2017, 04:01 PM)
Jimmy Smitts!
D23
(02-05-2017, 04:08 PM)
One of those ppl must be the mole. In
Fevaweva
(02-05-2017, 04:15 PM)
I swear I have read critics really enjoying this iteration of 24, at least the first couple of episodes.
Nameless
(02-05-2017, 04:18 PM)
+1 in for Tony.

Haven't read any casting spoilers so I will hold out hope that Chloe, Aaron, Mike or Kate Morgan pop up at some point. And I can't forget about the original Russia-loving scumbag POTUS(long before that shit was cool):

Razgriz-Specter
(02-05-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Jarrod38

Having it on right after the Super Bowl is strange. If the game goes into OT the show may not even start till 11.

100million people+ will be watching the SuperBowl, the hope is that they interest such a big potential audience.
Then you also have over flow of people who don't change the channel.

Its a legitimate strategy but im not sure how often it actually works.
24 is a perfect show to target with the audience though.
Brandon F
Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
(02-05-2017, 04:29 PM)

At least watch Season 5, its arguably the best one. Feel free to drop out afterwards though.
Tagg9
(02-05-2017, 04:30 PM)
Reviews have been terrible, but I'll watch the first couple episodes at least.
Brandon F
Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
(02-05-2017, 04:31 PM)
BTW how did that prior half-season thing turn out with the return of Bauer? I totally missed it. I assume it was a shitshow?
jb1234
(02-05-2017, 04:33 PM)
I'll be watching it, even though I'll probably regret it. The reviews haven't been kind.
Jason Frost
(02-05-2017, 04:46 PM)
Who is the POTUS now in 24: Legacy?

Did Heller finally resign?
Count of Monte Sawed-Off
un33dab@dpu$$y
(02-05-2017, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Brandon F

BTW how did that prior half-season thing turn out with the return of Bauer? I totally missed it. I assume it was a shitshow?

It was alright.
BossDarkseid
(02-05-2017, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Brandon F

Live Another Day? It was...eh. Fun, but not great 24. It did have one of Bauer's most ham moments which was almost worth it.
Shadynasty
(02-05-2017, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Tagg9

Reviews have been terrible, but I'll watch the first couple episodes at least.

Reviews sound like if you liked the show you'll still like Legacy, but if you hated it you still will.
liquidtmd
(02-05-2017, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Shadynasty

Reviews sound like if you liked the show you'll still like Legacy, but if you hated it you still will.

Legit question for everyone

http://nerdist.com/24-legacy-has-the...timing-review/

What do people think about the point this kinda review makes in relation to context of what's going on politically at the moment?