• @NeoGAF

faridmon
(03-20-2017, 01:59 PM)

Originally Posted by -griffy-

Pretty subtle with that neon sign :p

Yep, very clever
Falchion
(03-20-2017, 02:26 PM)
Can't wait for this. I recently watched season 1 and was absolutely blown away by how much I loved it and I've got season 2 queued up.
KodaRuss
(03-20-2017, 02:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Falchion

Can't wait for this. I recently watched season 1 and was absolutely blown away by how much I loved it and I've got season 2 queued up.

Oh boy, you are in for a ride. Whenever I get into conversations with people about TV and they ask for what I would recommend, it is Fargo every time.

Cant wait for Season 3.
Full Recovery
(03-20-2017, 03:15 PM)
I just blind bought S1 and S2 on friday and binge watched them over the weekend. Its quickly becoming one of my favorite tv shows. Cannot wait for S3.
BossDarkseid
(03-20-2017, 03:23 PM)
hopefully the UK isn't too far behind. Can't wait for the new season. Just time to rewatch 1 and 2 though.
Speevy
(03-20-2017, 03:23 PM)
Michael Stuhlbarg is in this? That's awesome.
zero_suit
(03-20-2017, 03:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Speevy

He was so good in Boardwalk Empire.
Falchion
(03-20-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by KodaRuss

Oh boy, you are in for a ride. Whenever I get into conversations with people about TV and they ask for what I would recommend, it is Fargo every time.

Cant wait for Season 3.

As soon as I watched it I was like, 'I need to buy this for my parents', so my dad will be getting it for his birthday.
CrunchyFrog
(03-20-2017, 11:37 PM)
This and better call saul will be the ones to beat this spring. This truly is a golden age for episodic dramas.
Lord of Castamere
(03-21-2017, 01:29 AM)
I didn't know Michael Stuhlbarg by name, but him being in it too is an extra jolt of hype. Got a good Boardwalk duo going.

Super excited for this.
Jb
(03-21-2017, 01:09 PM)
I'm also a huge fan of Stuhlbarg since I saw A Serious Man.

The cast is amazing but I am a tad worried about McGregor's ability to do a convincing American accent.
-MD-
(03-21-2017, 01:20 PM)
Completely forgot Winstead was in this, I'm pleased.

Originally Posted by Speevy

Wtf

Can't wait.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-22-2017, 05:01 AM)
One more new teaser tonight, but I haven't seen it online yet.

Also, a bit more casting news: ‘Fargo’ Casts Olivia Sandoval
Caddywompus
(03-22-2017, 05:28 AM)

Originally Posted by Maklershed

For my money this is the best non-HBO show.

Hopefully they re-air s2 soon so my parents get to watch it. They missed it the first time around and haven't been able to find it anywhere (without paying $2.99 per episode).

Hulu released S2 last week, it was glorious
Finaika
(03-22-2017, 01:42 PM)
I'm watching Season 2 now, so good.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-22-2017, 05:25 PM)
One minute story trailer up on their twitter account this morning

I'll post a youtube link when I see one.

Youtube link. Don't think it's region locked.
Last edited by Cornballer; 03-22-2017 at 05:29 PM.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-22-2017, 06:04 PM)
Also, here's the "Exhausted" teaser from last night.
BannedEpisode
(03-22-2017, 06:07 PM)
C-can you make meth from that?

Lol
aravuus
(03-22-2017, 06:08 PM)
Looks much more promising than the second season did, I feel

Now I'm very excited. I gotta rewatch the first season soon.
| Praxis |
(03-22-2017, 06:10 PM)
Can not wait!
The Omega Man
(03-22-2017, 06:11 PM)
Is this related to the first 2 seasons? any recurring character? looks like the 70s early 80s maybe?
kopitarrulez_11
(03-22-2017, 06:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Caddywompus

Hulu released S2 last week, it was glorious

About God damn time
LaneDS
(03-22-2017, 06:15 PM)

Originally Posted by The Omega Man

Is this related to the first 2 seasons? any recurring character? looks like the 70s early 80s maybe?

This is set in 2010 I think? I think chronologically this is the most current of the three seasons so far and I'm sure there will be connections here and there.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-22-2017, 06:16 PM)

Originally Posted by The Omega Man

Is this related to the first 2 seasons? any recurring character?

There will be some nods to previous seasons as well as Coen brothers films, but I don't think there's major characters from the previous two that will be appearing.

looks like the 70s early 80s maybe?

It's set in 2010.
wenis
Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(03-22-2017, 06:42 PM)
Its really hard to stop myself from indulging in sneak peeks and stuff, gotta stop watching the trailer too.
Ross61
(03-22-2017, 06:50 PM)
Season 2> Season 1. I'm so excited.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-22-2017, 10:36 PM)

Originally Posted by wenis

Its really hard to stop myself from indulging in sneak peeks and stuff, gotta stop watching the trailer too.

Fortunately, they're pretty good about not spoiling much in the Fargo promos. It's just a few snappy lines and some basic premise stuff that's described in the logline anyway.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-23-2017, 09:27 PM)
New art up on FX's website:

Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-26-2017, 02:53 PM)
- Hawley with a few comments about S3 in Paste Magazine:

The third season of Fargo, which is set in 2010, finds two brothers (both played by Ewan McGregor) arguing over an inheritance. “If Season Two was about the death of the family business and the rise of corporate America, Season Three is about what comes after corporate America. We’re in this 1 percent world where suddenly it’s personal wealth,” Hawley says.

Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-26-2017, 04:16 PM)
Some discussion of shooting in Calgary:

- Fargo's third-season shoot in southern Alberta with coyote dens, dilapidated mansions and 'horrible, just horrible' weather

There's a few more promo pics in the article, too:

LaneDS
(03-27-2017, 01:51 PM)
I see Ben Horne from Twin Peaks in that last shot.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-27-2017, 06:02 PM)
- Extended trailer up via their twitter account
Creamium
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
(03-27-2017, 06:09 PM)
I'm looking forward to this, but it's gonna be almost impossible to beat or come close to season 2. That entire run was perfection.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-27-2017, 09:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Cornballer

- Extended trailer up via their twitter account

Here's the FX youtube version of this.
cyba89
(03-27-2017, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Creamium

I'm looking forward to this, but it's gonna be almost impossible to beat or come close to season 2. That entire run was perfection.

True, but I already thought the same after season 1 so I'm open for surprises.

Trailers all look awesome and this will likely be my favorite show of the year again (tied with Better Call Saul).
NotTheGuyYouKill
(03-28-2017, 07:37 AM)

Here's the FX youtube version of this.

This looks fun. The vibe seems very different from the previous two chapters. Almost more... Relaxed than the insane bloodbath war that was season 2
Discotheque
Pam Oliver sextape
(03-28-2017, 07:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Creamium

meh. dunst was great and the gang war thing they had going on was fun but it lacked a lot of the tension of the first season. was more boring to get through overall tbh.

cast wise this show has never been better than it is now in season 3. but hopefully the season is as good or better than the first.
MidnightCowboy
(03-28-2017, 08:08 AM)

Originally Posted by Discotheque

meh. dunst was great and the gang war thing they had going on was fun but it lacked a lot of the tension of the first season. was more boring to get through overall tbh.

cast wise this show has never been better than it is now in season 3. but hopefully the season is as good or better than the first.

Can't agree. Season 1 is dope, but the craftsmanship and just overall production of Season 2 is way better. It feels like a more confident, well made show in pretty much every regard in my opinion. The split screen thing, the bigger ensemble, ALIENS. Keith Carradine was missed tho.
dickroach
(03-28-2017, 08:09 AM)
AHH! holy shit I had no idea this was coming on so soon.
I'm gonna stay away from looking at the trailer, but I'm excited. seasons 1+2 were so so so so good
RastaMentality
(03-28-2017, 08:14 AM)
i think i came every time hawley did the split screens. so nice.
Zelenogorsk
(03-28-2017, 08:16 AM)
This is going to be awesome. I recently binged both seasons and it immediately became one of my favorite TV shows.
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-30-2017, 09:05 PM)
A couple more teasers:

World
Hi
jelly
(03-30-2017, 09:07 PM)
Is S1 necessary to watch. Silly but I really hate Martin Freeman.

I watched S2 and it was excellent.
-griffy-
(03-30-2017, 09:10 PM)

Originally Posted by jelly

That would probably work in your favor for season 1, to be honest. S1 is essentially a sequel to season 2 in some ways, but the overall story is stand alone. Season 3 should be even more so.
BlueTsunami
there is joy in sucking dick
(03-30-2017, 10:04 PM)

A couple more tteasers
Hi

I could watch this a million times
Cornballer
foul temptress
(03-31-2017, 06:01 PM)
New promos/teasers:
- Team
- Blow
- Boot
- Brothers
Cornballer
foul temptress
(04-03-2017, 04:08 PM)
- Indiewire review

As we’ve seen in the first two seasons, coincidence, fate, luck — whatever you want to call it — plays a major role in the battle between right versus wrong. Anything can happen to anyone, making for a tense first hour and what will undoubtedly be a fraught full season. And while “Fargo” is scary, the scares aren’t cheap — far from it. Rather than the “gotcha!” moments or gory abominations dominating studio horror franchises, what’s frightening in “Fargo” is a blend of good intentions and bad ideas escalating beyond control.

Yet unlike many horror films, what keeps us coming back to “Fargo” is that Hawley’s stories are always focused more on the good in people than the bad. We’re not tuning in to see the carnage, but to see who can escape it. “I think deep down we all have something positive inside us, don’t you think?” Gloria Burgle tells her son during the opening episode. And other than perhaps one obtuse character, it’s evident in the 65-minute premiere that this is true. There’s something good in each and every one of these Minnesotans, and we see enough of it to inspire hope that “something positive” can carry them through the horrors that lie ahead.

It’s a painful journey, but one that’s always proven rewarding. The first episode of Season 3 has given us no reason to think it won’t be worth the torment again.

Grade: A-

Cornballer
foul temptress
(04-05-2017, 04:44 AM)
- EW review

The cast is superb. Winstead – on a roll of late with 10 Cloverfield Lane and BrainDead – takes it up yet another notch. Coon is commanding in her few moments in the premiere; I expect we’ll be talking more about her in the weeks to come. McGregor is out-of-the-box phenomenal. If he keeps getting material as good as the material Hawley feeds him in the premiere, this will go down as a massive triumph

I think Noah Hawley is one the most exciting storytellers working on television today, and Fargo seems poised to affirm that truth once more. Grade: A

Cornballer
foul temptress
(04-05-2017, 05:12 PM)

Also, apparently there's a short S3 Sneak Peek here on iTunes, though I haven't looked at it yet.
Hyun Sai
(04-05-2017, 05:15 PM)

Originally Posted by jelly

I watched S2 and it was excellent.

So you have to watch it.

And it's also worth just for Billy Bob Thornton performance.