• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

pretty sure Squeenix just broke a new record (Tomb Raider SP DLC - Buyable Crosshair)

Salsa

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208803/

ss_2b0e0c86acd162516ae28507c52c7729958b2cc4.600x338.jpg

The headshot reticule lets Lara utilize her weapons more accurately. When used with the pistol silencer, it makes for a deadly combination (single player upgrade).

get your reticules for a dollar!

also.. that pistol silencer the description mentions?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208805/

also a dollar!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
You can unlock the headshot indicator in the game, but it seems to let you buy it after that, anyway. Weird.

Salsa

Tales of Graces F. 3.79€ (~5$) FOR ONE COSTUME. Can't get worse than that.

im not necesarelly complaining about the price or the practice, and I think that "skins" are kinda common by this point

the hilarious part im refering to here is asking you for a couple bucks to add a reticule and a silencer

UrbanRats

Skins for the planes in Ace Combat get my vote, due to the price. (luckily i don't care about Idolmaster skins, but still).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
In 5 years we will be paying to unlock the options menu.

'Default brightness not to your taste? Purchase the Pro Luminosity Slider add-on for just $1.50!'

no refunds

Omega

Banned

'Default brightness not to your taste? Purchase the Pro Luminosity Slider add-on for just $1.50!'

no refunds
i like your future better than mine

i figure by then we'll be buying $60 blank disc and have to pay $15 to unlock SP and $10 to unlock MP, but you have to agree to buy the season pass before you can unlock MP

mAcOdIn

What the fuck?!

That is a game series that I will never buy again!
Lol, if you didn't know about it by now you probably haven't bought into the series anyways! ;p
I can't see this. Not available in Germany. What is it?
Shogun: Total War 2 is a turn based/Real time strategy game where massive armies of Samurai kill each other but the game shipped with no blood or limb severing even though most of your guys are using swords. For a dollar fifty you can download this blood pack which will now make your soldiers bleed and sometimes sever a limb, or have their own severed, in bloody detail.

FyreWulff

I can't see this. Not available in Germany. What is it?

The Total War: SHOGUN 2 Blood Pack features new visual effects during real time battles:

Decapitation and limb severing
Blood effects on unit models, equipment and ground
Blood-squirt from projectile and weapon impact
New sounds for dismemberment and spurting blood
Blood-spatter effect on camera
The Blood Pack visual effects can be turned on and off from the game Options menu.

dot

Bladenic

im not necesarelly complaining about the price or the practice, and I think that "skins" are kinda common by this point

the hilarious part im refering to here is asking you for a couple bucks to add a reticule and a silencer

Pretty sure you get those in the game. The DLC probably just let's you get them earlier. Unlocking in game abilities early is nothing new. See: EA.

TheD

The Detective
Lol, if you didn't know about it by now you probably haven't bought into the series anyways! ;p

Shogun: Total War 2 is a turn based/Real time strategy game where massive armies of Samurai kill each other but the game shipped with no blood or limb severing even though most of your guys are using swords. For a dollar fifty you can download this blood pack which will now make your soldiers bleed and sometimes sever a limb, or have their own severed, in bloody detail.

I do own Shogun 2, I just have not played it (and I own the others back to rome).

Daedardus

no refunds

"You are out of save coins. To keep continue saving, you need to purchase additional save coins."

Groof

This is the future we're headed in, people!
Next up: Unlock EXP Gain for $1 and Unlock Level Up for another dollar!

The future is now.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The Shogun 2 blood pack is dumb, but...I have a hard time getting bothered over it when the game provides hundreds of hours of gameplay. This TR stuff seems infinitely worse.

And hackers will get it all for free again I guess?

Obviously.
Also the pre-orderers it seems. I'm pretty sure I could equip my pistol with a silencer and not having to pay an extra buck for that.

It's kinda creepy to see just how right DLC Quest is when it comes to...well, DLC.
In two years we will buy $5 for being able to go left.

jimi_dini

"You are out of save coins. To keep continue saving, you need to purchase additional save coins."

You want a few fps more? Buy our FPS optimization DLC for just $9.99. no refunds. FPS optimization requires latest Nvidia GPU.

Hey Square - you should have made the game HARDER so that this DLC actually would make sense.

Zaptruder

Banned
Heh. I'm deep into Mechwarrior online right now.

And admittedly that's a F2P game for a niche genre, so the numbers aren't apples to apples; but in that game you're been charged $3-$6 for each paint COLOUR. Then if you like a particular pattern, you can either pay 80c for a one off use of that camo (i.e. you'll lose it when you change it), or you can pay around $5-$7 for a camo that you can use permanently for all mechs of that type.

... I've spent a bit too much on paint jobs in this game. The only other game I've spent this much on paint on is Warhammer 40k! The upside is, you don't have to actually paint the mechs yourself in this game.

Oh... and Hero mechs (exclusive mechs with a money earning bonus) go from $10 to a new record of about $35... per Mech variant! (they're multiple variants for one type).

Is the Shogun 2 pack hated because the gore is seen as unnecessary/stupid, or because Sega is "charging for a graphical effect"?

Because Sega actually jumped through some massive hoops with the ESRB to ship that. DLC is not supposed to change the base game's rating (in this case, a T), I'm pretty sure this was the first case of rating-changing DLC being allowed by the ESRB.

Dr Dogg

And many moons ago the mod scene would take care of this for free. What happened to you games industry? You used to be so cool. If you need help getting headshots in TR especially with a mouse you'd better off looking at yourself than to dlc.

mAcOdIn

Is the Shogun 2 pack hated because the gore is seen as unnecessary/stupid, or because Sega is "charging for a graphical effect"?

Because Sega actually jumped through some massive hoops with the ESRB to ship that. DLC is not supposed to change the base game's rating (in this case, a T), I'm pretty sure this was the first case of rating-changing DLC being allowed by the ESRB.
I just find it funny because it's a graphical effect that usually shipped with a game or not. I don't actually hate it, I own all the Shogun 2 DLC. I know, part of the problem.

Flayer

I think the Shogun 2 blood DLC is fine because of 2 things

1) No blood allowed in Germany
2) Without it the game is rated T

So I think that having the blood and gore not part of the base game made the worldwide release easier and allowed the game to have a lower age rating. It perhaps could have been free I suppose.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Only for the bow, iirc

You dont remember correctly, you can definitely unlock the headshot indicator for the pistol. I know because i used it with the silencer in my playthrough; its the best way to play stealthily :p

Top Bottom