• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

hadareud

The Translator
nofilter said:
GT has never been about AI, and now it's entirely online, who cares?
I care. I actually enjoy racing AI.

I don't always want to play online - and most importantly, before I play online I want to get finish the single player or at least learn all the tracks. Expecting good AI to keep the single player interesting is not too big a ask I think.

edit: that's not to say that the AI will be bad. who knows.

Grayman

Is bspec mode still in and brokenly easy? I'm just going to hotlap this time around. Especially if damage on race cars also involves magnet roads.

balliinn

Banned
f_elz said:
looks nice. is there damage in the video? loads slow.

yes. realistic damage like forza2: hood flying off, crumble zone, shattered windows, the car is 100% dead on the road after a crash, etc.

Grayman

The only good thing I learnt from that video is that the new GTR revs up to 10k and seems to transfer a lot of weight when you hit the brakes.

Angelcurio

iceatcs: said:
341a0767c50b795bf0aa743d2e0b55b2.gif

Crap, its the same tower model we make in the company that i work at.

sif

What is wrong with the AI in that video? I see plenty of attempts at intelligent overtaking by them and much more intelligent defending of position compared to any previous GT, it looks to be about forza 2 level, perhaps a little less aggressive. Graphically it is much of the same ie the best you have ever seen in a racer. Damage is apparently a definite for non-production cars in the full game and a maybe for road cars so we'll see how that pans out. Coming along nicely for a Prologue IMO.

nofi

Angelcurio said:
Crap, its the same tower model we make in the company that i work at.

You should probably change your avatar, then. ;)

sif said:
What is wrong with the AI in that video? I see plenty of attempts at intelligent overtaking by them and much more intelligent defending of position compared to any previous GT, it looks to be about forza 2 level, perhaps a little less aggressive. Graphically it is much of the same ie the best you have ever seen in a racer. Damage is apparently a definite for non-production cars in the full game and a maybe for road cars so we'll see how that pans out. Coming along nicely for a Prologue IMO.

Oh, come on, do you really need it spelled out to you? This is GAf.

sif

nofilter said:
Oh, come on, do you really need it spelled out to you? This is GAf.

Well usually the first 2-3 pages of a big game thread are OK but then it goes to shit. ITT that process began on the 1 st page with the unjustified bashing.

nofi

Steroyd said:
Wait so the video I tried to see on jeux france crapped out on 30 seconds instead of finished at that point, even though the video is 4 minutes long what the hell is up with that site?

No idea, I just uploaded the FLV that someone posted in the first page.

Cruzader

Banned
balliinn said:
yes. realistic damage like forza2: hood flying off, crumble zone, shattered windows, the car is 100% dead on the road after a crash, etc.

Yea tell me about it.

Also where did ya get your avatar from?? i would like to see the vid....

-SD-

Banned
The cockpit mode definitely needs view point acceleration shifting to add immersion, like in Live for Speed... and also more FOV.

Wollan

-SD- said:
The cockpit mode definitely needs view point acceleration shifting to add immersion, like in Live for Speed... and also more FOV.
Yup, thought the same thing. They've done the hard part which is actually having a interior and awesome hand animation, now they just need to add that extra bit.

nofi

Wollan said:
Yup, thought the same thing. They've done the hard part which is actually having a interior and awesome hand animation, now they just need to add that extra bit.

Dunno whether that will be done for October, though. We also don't know if it's an option that was toggled off for this particular playtest...

Double H

Wollan said:
Pity the driver was using automatic, or they just haven't modelled the gear changes yet…

Schrade

nofilter said:
No idea, I just uploaded the FLV that someone posted in the first page.
If you used a download manager to download the FLV from Jeux France then you'll have a mangled stream. If you download it properly (i.e. force your download manager to only make _1_ connection to the server or just bypass your download manager) then it'll play for the full 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

nofi

Schrade said:
If you used a download manager to download the FLV from Jeux France then you'll have a mangled stream. If you download it properly (i.e. force your download manager to only make _1_ connection to the server or just bypass your download manager) then it'll play for the full 4 minutes and 19 seconds.

The Youtube one does play for the whole length though. I presume you weren't talking directly to me.

Schrade

nofilter said:
The Youtube one does play for the whole length though. I presume you weren't talking directly to me.
I figured that you had just uploaded the one that played for 30 seconds, my mistake.

alisdair

Steroyd said:
Wow at interiors, makes playing with a wheel that much more sweeter.

Interior view is weird with a racing wheel, from my PGR3 experience. You can see your arms moving, and your racing wheel, and then there's a simulated version of it on the screen. It's disconcerting.

Yoboman

bud said:
the gameplay is going to be awesome, no doubt, but i was hoping they'd look a bit more, eh, ''normal.'' i wanted them to be a bit more like the ones in mgs1 as opposed to the ones in mgs3. i guess the bosses do fit in the game, unlike the ones in mgs3, but they still look as weird as the ones in that game, though not as out of place.
O rly

Lince

Banned
an amazing looking game that will put Dual Shock 3 to good use, hope there's a GT5P+DS3 bundle or something

Zenith

Banned
at 1:40ish mark when he spins out, he makes a tight turn and you see his hands cross over to get a better grip on the steering wheel in a seamless animation change.

Top Bottom