• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

Beautiful. And wow again at the engine sounds. If that isn't indicative of the samples we'll be hearing in the final game I'm going to be so bummed. :lol That would be such an evil tease.

antiloop said:
Is that how the replays will look like?! o_O

I think it'll be closer to disparity between GT:HD's opening intro and the in-game replays where there's more aliasing and such. These look "touched up" in a similar fashion. Runtime should look very similar though.

bud said:
the trailer isn't completely new, but that guy shifting gears - the animation, omg.

It's new all the footage at the start and the replay section shows alot of new stuff although it opens like the Playstation Party trailer.

gogogow

Are we getting the gp footage tomorrow, Blim?

thx for the trailer.

The Leipzig crowd sounds much more enthusiastic than the E3 crowd.

bud

Tideas said:
eh? i didnt see it. what time was it at?

oh wait, he isn't actually shifting gears. :lol

that in-car view with the driver steering and handling the pedals was awesome.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
gogogow said:
Are we getting the gp footage tomorrow, Blim?

thx for the trailer.

The Leipzig crowd sounds much more enthusiastic than the E3 crowd.
Yes gameplay and lots of realtime replays too. You are going to fap until you are dry :D

Tideas

Banned
bud said:
oh wait, he isn't actually shifting gears. :lol

that in-car view with the driver steering and handling the pedals was awesome.

pedals? err, i did'nt see that either. what time? haha

gtmax

Exactly. THe cockpit view is completely static. I hope it's something to do with the way the vid was recorded. AS you brake the camera should kinda zoom in to the bonnet as you accelerate it should pull away somewhat. Also as you turn you should see more of that part of the car (ie., left/right). Sense of speed comes not so much from the scenery flying around but from little things like the cockpit vibrating from the road (Test Drive Lemans).

I look forward to direct gamplay vids because i wanna hear those engine sounds - i'm skeptical that they've fixed them.

Also i'm willing to make a money bet that the final game won't have damage of any (visual) sort.

Kittonwy

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
1316_0009.jpg

Holy s***!

QFT.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Marko_Baomoro said:
now we need virtual reality! :lol

maybe not virtual reality... but I can only imagine what next gen will bring, I mean with this gen so early and games looking like this already, what can polyphony do 6 years from now? Scary to think about.

msdstc said:
maybe not virtual reality... but I can only imagine what next gen will bring, I mean with this gen so early and games looking like this already, what can polyphony do 6 years from now? Scary to think about.

new types of races after F1:D

tanod

when is my burrito
I can't believe that those videos we saw were actually in-game. I haven't bought a Gran Turismo game since the first but this will be the ultimate showpiece game and I do enjoy driving, just not the tuning part. My jaw is on the floor. :)

Ahriman

Not to ruin the party, but this comment worried me (I never played Gran Turismo).

i hope you mean toca race driver 3, which would be a good start

Toca Race Driver 3 did not feel too good compared to GTR2 and LFS--at least the demo didn't, I never bought the full game. Obviously I had all the driving aids off. So exactly how realistic is Gran Turismo, if TRD3 is "a good start"? I admit I am a technology whore and will probably buy GT5 just for amazing graphics, but how much should I be hyped for the gameplay (driving to be exact) so that I'm not disappointed? :lol The only console sim I played was Sega GT on DC, if it helps.

Grayman

The garage and photomode parts of the video are nuts.
Ahriman said:
Not to ruin the party, but this comment worried me (I never played Gran Turismo).

Toca Race Driver 3 did not feel too good compared to GTR2 and LFS--at least the demo didn't, I never bought the full game. Obviously I had all the driving aids off. So exactly how realistic is Gran Turismo, if TRD3 is "a good start"? I admit I am a technology whore and will probably buy GT5 just for amazing graphics, but how much should I be hyped for the gameplay (driving to be exact) so that I'm not disappointed? :lol The only console sim I played was Sega GT on DC, if it helps.
In the older GT games you could fit your cars with tires that seem realistic(but I am not a sim afficianado), unfortunately these tires are not competitive in the main game mode. I've asked before what was wrong with GT for single car lapping if the proper tires are on the car and never got an answer from PC sim fans saying it wasn't as good as other games.

Someone got telemetry data for a BMW m3 and tested, N2 tires give accurate grip and g forces in corners but the car accelerates and stops abit slower. N3 tires gave the proper straight line grip but abit much in corners.

The default tires on road cars are closer to race tires and the tires on race cars are closer to rails

Tiberius

TEH-CJ said:
If someone tells me that is real time i ....i dont know what will happen but im convinced it will be an embarrasing moment at work for me .

Famitsu noted that the lighting effects in the Pit Menu screen are particularly impressive, and Yamauchi responded that the game uses a technique called High Dynamic Range Lighting. He believes that this is a technique that cannot be replicated on other systems. He also pointed out that the scenery used in the pit menu is actually an evolved version of the same scene from the GT4 intro. Of course, the scene was pre-rendered footage in GT4, and it's real time here.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/807/807834p1.html

:D

Grayman

shagg_187 said:
Don't know if anyone said it or not, but did anyone notice the ad for Konami?
Probably about 80 thousand people, when it was there in real life on the race track?

the namco ad is there in GT4, I don't have a save game on the ps3 to race the full course to check for the konami one though.

Nozi said:
The part in the video posted is pre-rendered. There is a realtime version behind the regular pit menus, which still looks good.

Nothing in any of the GT5P videos is CG. Although i'm sure Polyphony is happy that people continue to confuse real time footage with CG.

Nozi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Nothing in any of the GT5P videos is CG. Although i'm sure Polyphony is happy that people continue to confuse real time footage with CG.

Are you kidding me? it's post processed footage rendered from the engine. That's why the promotional videos have zero aliasing problems and obvious post process effects.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Just to clarify, is this now confirmed as true 1080p? I remember some peeps were claiming that it's upscaled.

Top Bottom