• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
EarwolfFullLogo.png

Created by Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ulrich in 2010, Earwolf has become the go-to website for all your podcast needs. If you enjoy podcasts and don't visit Earwolf, shame on you. SHAME ON YOU.

Here's a full list of Earwolf shows, but I put together a list of what I found to be the most popular podcasts that are featured on the site:
CBBLOGOFULL-162x162.jpg

COMEDY BANG! BANG!
The flagship show of Earwolf hosted by Scott Aukerman himself. This show was rated #1 on the AV Club's Top Podcasts of 2013, and for good reason. It has some of the best and funniest comedians on the planet. Featuring funnymen like Paul F. Tompkins, James Adomian, Andy Daly playing characters like Werner Herzog, Jesse "The Mind and Body" Ventura, a cowboy laureate named Dalton Wilcox, and plenty more. Be sure to check in weekly for the weather report!

For a taste of CBB, try the recently released "Best of 2013 part 1" episode, you'll hear guys like Zach Galifianakis, Jon Hamm, and Nick Kroll.

Also be sure to check out the TV show on IFC, Friday nights at 10:00 pm (obligatory Birthday Boys plug, watch that too right after CBB)

HDTGMFULL-162x162.jpg

How Did This Get Made?

HDTGM stars Paul Scheer (The League), Jason Mantzoukas (The League, The Dictator), and June Diane Raphael (Burning Love).
This podcast spotlights terrible movies that had no business being created. From Daredevil to Anaconda (my personal favorite), Sharknado or even gaffer sixteen-bit's favorite Fast Five, you'll find some of your favorite Hollywood comedians guest starring to make fun of some terrible movies. If you are interested in HDTGM, here is the GAF discussion thread.

Improv4Humans_1600x1600_Cover-300x300.jpg

Improv4Humans

I4H is hosted by Matt Besser, one of the creators of the Upright Citizens Brigade. He is one of the most prolific improv comedians of our generation, and he hosts the ONLY 100% improv podcasts on the internet. You can find recurring comedians like Tim Meadows, Paul Rust, Horatio Sans, and many more that you would recognize. Be sure to check out fan favorite "Hands in the Air" for a ridiculous and hysterical discussion on bestiality.

WHOCHARTEDFULL-300x300.jpg

Who Charted?
This podcast stars Kulap Vilaysack, Howard Kremer and a weekly guest as they count down a wide variety of charts ranging from Top Pop Music to Top Comic Book Movies of All Time. The real star of this show is the chemistry between Kulap and Howard, who are easily 2 of the most funny and positive people on this planet. Howard Kremer is a national treasure, and I HIGHLY recommend you listen to a few of these. A couple of episodes that I would recommend are Enjoy It with Brody Stevens and Zouks, There It Is! with Jason Mantzoukas.

SBCFULL-300x300.jpg

Sklarbro Country
The Sklar bros talk sports, pop culture, and everything recent in this hilarious podcast. You may remember these guys from the classic ESPN Classic show Cold Pizza, and you will definitely get nostalgic for that show while listening to SC.

AnalyzePhish_1600x1600_Cover-300x300.jpg
Analyze Phish
Listen to noted Phish phan and Parks and Rec writer Harris Wittels try his hardest to convince noted skeptic Scott Aukerman to like Phish. So far he has not succeeded, but it is worth listening to for the quick and poisonous wit that Scott will unleash on Harris.
ByTheWay_1600x1600_Cover-300x300.jpg
By the Way: In conversation with Jeff Garlin
Garlin interviews famous actors such as Larry David, Bob Odenkirk, Conan O'Brien and many more. If you enjoy Jeff's personality, you will love this show.
HollywoodHandbook_1600x1600_Cover1-300x300.jpg
Hollywood Handbook
Two Hollywood types who have been there and back give you the who's what of Hollywood and all things Hollywood. They know Hollywood like the back of their legs, and they talk about it with guests such as Donald Glover, Blake Anderson, and Michael Showalter.
KevinPollaksChatShow_1600x1600_Cover-300x300.jpg
Kevin Pollak's Chat Show
Here's another interview show featuring very big names you would know, sadly I haven't listened to this one but I have heard good things from other Wolfheads around GAF.
NerdPoker_1600x1600_Cover-300x300.jpg
Nerd Poker
Brian Posehn of alternative comedy fame goes on a Dungeons and Dragons adventure with a group of friends. This is the only D&D comedy podcast on the internet, definitely worth checking out if you are interested in that kinda stuff.
PBFULL-300x300.jpg
Professor Blastoff
Tig Notaro and a few friends talk about a variety of topics that they find interesting. You were probably sold at the sight of the word "Tig".
FogelnestFiles_1600x1600_Cover-300x300.jpg
The Fogelnest Files
Jake Fogelnest is a lover of all things obscure and odd and will discuss these things with an interesting guest each week. Honestly, he is one of my favorite people in the world because of his curiosity and the way he embraces everything new to him. He also asks some of the best questions in his interviews because of his vast knowledge of everything pop culture. Check out the episodes with Jimmy Fallon or Derrick Beckles and you'll understand why I love him so much.

For some of these episodes of CBB, I4H, and WC you will find video podcasts on the youtube channel Video Podcast Network. This is the absolute preferred way to watch if you have the time.

Earwolf have produced nearly the entirety of the sounds I've chosen to put in my ears this year. I've gone through the entirety of CBB, and nearly all of By The Way and HDTGM.

Hopefully they keep going for many years to come.

Tattooth

I feel like I have to post in here because of my avatar. I just finished listening to pt.1 of the CBB best of 2013 episode. I really hope that the episode where Frankie and Sylvester Stallone talk about chasing after jaguars, pinning them down and having their way with them, makes an appearance.

Bread

Banned
Earwolf have produced nearly the entirety of the sounds I've chosen to put in my ears this year. I've gone through the entirety of CBB, and nearly all of By The Way and HDTGM.

Hopefully they keep going for many years to come.
Excellent. It was a sad moment when I realized that catching up on CBB meant waiting for new CBB each week.

I would definitely check out Hollywood Handbook, the 2 guys are very funny and the guests they get play along with their "hollywood insider" schtick, the fake stories they create about on-set happenings are so great.

Baroni9

I have been listening to the Comedy Bang Bang Best of 2013 all morning. Such a great year.

BING A BONG A BONG A BONG BURBANK
GLIGGY GLIGGY GLIGGLY GLENDALE

Maybe it's just me, but for me, Earwolf is the largest and most successful comedy podcast network founded by Scott Aukerman and Jeff Ulrich in 2010.

big ander

The alien name of Earwolf is unpronounceable. (it's the n-word.)

Good rec on fogelnest files with the Fallon ep. It kinda has everything the show can ever offer: good chemistry between Jake and Fallon and a good selection of clips. (definitely true that some eps only have one or the other.) Oh and people should listen to the Greg Sestero ep on The Room. Even if you've seen The Room and think you know enough about it, hearing Sestero talk about being friends with Tommy is surreal.

I think I might've asked in the cbb thread but is Hollywood Handbook good? I liked Sean and Hayes on reality show show but it was just a bad subject for an ongoing show. this seems like a better premise but I haven't checked it out yet
Subbed!

I hope Andy Daly's new Earwolf show gets added to the OP :)

Me too, otherwise Matt Gourley listening to those 600,000 or whatever podcasts will be all for naught

Though I'm still confused as to when I'm supposed to listen to the Daly Pilot Podcast-- after I have my exercise clothes on and am in my car? Or as soon as I start exercising?

Bread

Banned
I will definitely add Andy Daly's show when it releases its first episode.

But yea definitely listen to HHB, i never heard RSS so i cant compare the 2 but i love listening to them bullshit with guests.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
They do good work but, by god, those bumpers (I think that's the term) are the absolute fucking WORST. Seriously, they're almost enough to keep me off their shows.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Matt Besser as Bjork is one of the funniest characters on CBB. Want to see more of that. That B-B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S-S CLIP
bro
is so good.

Bread

Banned
Matt Besser as Bjork is one of the funniest characters on CBB. Want to see more of that. That B-B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S-S CLIP
bro
is so good.
yea part 2 was great, i forgot just how good that schwartz/herzog ep was.

anyone check out who charted with casey wilson? fun ep, howard was running his mouth more than usual which is always a good thing.

Acid08

Banned
best of 2013 part 3 has the legendary neil campbell freestyle, i love it.
"In my butt or in my face, I will take it no disgrace"

That line makes me laugh so fucking hard whenever I hear it. Scott's reaction is amazing too.

By the Way is a good show. It depends a lot on the guest, but there have been some fascinating episodes. The one with Henry Rollins was particularly crazy, and Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph both have great interviews too. There's a lot of pretty amazing entries, so you should check them all out. It's only 26 episodes, so it wouldn't be super hard to tear through them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I've gotta listen that Amy Poehler interview. I just recently rewatched all of Parks and Rec for the first time since it's been on TV and holy shit that lady is funny.

Acid08

Banned
By the Way is a good show. It depends a lot on the guest, but there have been some fascinating episodes. The one with Henry Rollins was particularly crazy, and Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph both have great interviews too. There's a lot of pretty amazing entries, so you should check them all out. It's only 26 episodes, so it wouldn't be super hard to tear through them.
Only reason I haven't tried that yet is that I usually find Garlin to be kind of overbearing. Him interviewing Rollins sounds nuts though, will check that ep out.

Had some family listen to CBB Best Of this past holiday while in the car and they were laughing uncontrollably.

Trying to spread the Earwolf love my friends!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
If anyone hasn't watched Burning Love, you absolutely should. Tons of Earwolf/UCB/Party Down folks are in it. The first season is a parody of The Bachelor and stars Ken Marino. Unfortunately it's not available online (at least legally). Some episodes are on YouTube but a lot are missing. Season 2 and 3 are available on BurningLove.com. The way the website is now it's kinda weird finding the seasons but season 2 is a parody of The Bachelorette starring June Diane Raphael. Season 3 is a parody of Bachelor Pad, so it brings a lot of people from season 1 and 2 back.

Bread

Banned
If anyone hasn't watched Burning Love, you absolutely should. Tons of Earwolf/UCB/Party Down folks are in it. The first season is a parody of The Bachelor and stars Ken Marino. Unfortunately it's not available online (at least legally). Some episodes are on YouTube but a lot are missing. Season 2 and 3 are available on BurningLove.com. The way the website is now it's kinda weird finding the seasons but season 2 is a parody of The Bachelorette starring June Diane Raphael. Season 3 is a parody of Bachelor Pad, so it brings a lot of people from season 1 and 2 back.
it's also played on E!, but i haven't been able to find it on demand sadly.

it's an amazing show and everyone should watch it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom