• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale [Up: Sony registers domain]

They probably want people to buy it, hence not that name.

PlayStation Battle Opera sounds more epic than PlayStation AllStars: Battle Royale.

People have no taste.

3AQmK.gif

I guess it beats "Bland Fight". Playstation Battle Opera is still the god-tier name though. PS Battle Opera is timeless, memorable to kids, and eye-catching to adults. You read a title like that and it just takes your breath away. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal is way too long and still has a ring of throw-away kids party game to it. They should swallow the shame of having had the internet think up the better title and just go with PBO. Even the acryonym sounds better! P-B-O! Not to mention the acronyms for the other two are the same as other products (PBR and TF). Do they want to be noticed or not?!

Ponn

Banned
I still do not get this title. Who asked for it? Who thought it was a good idea? This is the title you point to when talking about developers going under for bad decisions or publishers losing money for bad decisons. This screams hey look, capcom is selling fighting games lets everyone make one and milk the genre to death again yayyy! I swear is the gaming industry fated to repeat every mistake over and over again?

Title Fight sounds generic but the other name in the survey sounds too long.

I still do not get this title. Who asked for it? Who thought it was a good idea? This is the title you point to when talking about developers going under for bad decisions or publishers losing money for bad decisons. This screams hey look, capcom is selling fighting games lets everyone make one and milk the genre to death again yayyy! I swear is the gaming industry fated to repeat every mistake over and over again?
people have always been bitching that they would love for Sony to make a smash bros style game. It's an interesting premise.

Also capcom? Pretty sure it's not capcom making this....at all.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Well Capcom is the only one who is milking fighting games dry, other companies do not release new rehashed fighting game every 6 months or so.

as for this one..Sony making a family friendly fighting game (like Super Smash) with their own game characters for their PS hardcores is actually a logical move I guess.

Epcott

Why not just PS Battle Royal? Drop that "Allstars" and long spelling for Playstation.

And they should have the font in Vita or PS3 font, make it a cross-play game, and boom... it's glorious.

SmithnCo

Sony has a pretty strong staple of characters, so it's no surprise.

The question is whether the fighting will be interesting/good. It's hard to say if this was a good idea without video.

As far as the title goes everyone will just say Battle Royale anyway so the rest is just branding.

fernoca

Just show the game already.

Though the name reminds me of...

2xsPT.png

..Which I liked, so I guess I'll like this one too; no matter what.

fernoca

Why did the person take a photo of their computer screen instead of just 'PrntScr'? Makes me think it is fake.....

Though, now I wonder why a "Sony survey" has Xbox 360 buttons at the top.

Maybe it's an ad or something, but weird.

EDIT:
They also noted both of those things in the article:

The screenshot above is questionable to say the least. Why would someone take a photo of a screen when you could just “PrntScr” a proper screenshot? I guess we’ll just have to assume that the person wasn’t using a personal computer and had to take the snapshot with a phone. Another part of the image that raised an eyebrow was the green “A” button at the top right of the screen, presumably taken from an Xbox 360 controller. That’s pretty suspicious seeing as this would be a PlayStation 3 exclusive. It could just be a random image from the survey provider, though. Regardless, if this is somehow legit, the name PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale sounds a lot better than Title Fight, which is the name this game was going by since it was revealed.​

NateDrake

Though, now I wonder why a "Sony survey" has Xbox 360 buttons at the top.

Maybe it's an ad or something, but weird.

EDIT:
They also noted both of those things in the article:

The screenshot above is questionable to say the least. Why would someone take a photo of a screen when you could just “PrntScr” a proper screenshot? I guess we’ll just have to assume that the person wasn’t using a personal computer and had to take the snapshot with a phone. Another part of the image that raised an eyebrow was the green “A” button at the top right of the screen, presumably taken from an Xbox 360 controller. That’s pretty suspicious seeing as this would be a PlayStation 3 exclusive. It could just be a random image from the survey provider, though. Regardless, if this is somehow legit, the name PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale sounds a lot better than Title Fight, which is the name this game was going by since it was revealed.​

I'm sure the game exists considering all the rumors and speculation around it. This survey is just suspicious.

And can't anyone make some random questionnaire online? The whole photo seems ridiculously fake, perhaps made for whatever site to get a bunch of views.

Yet the validity of that image doesn't really change the fact that we all know such a product is being developed right now.

Degen

took a photo of a screen... lol

I say the game is real, whatever its name is, but the survey isn't.

fernoca

I'm sure the game exists considering all the rumors and speculation around it. This survey is just suspicious.
Yeah. Hope they go all out...and the game's good too. Usually companies think that "Smash Bros. games"is just putting 4 characters in one screen and that's it.

And even having some of the developers doing a similar game (like GameArts doing the TMNT game; after Brawl) doesn't mean the game will play as good...or similar.

Then again, I have fun with them anyway; with 3 other friends and all jumping around and beating each other... good times. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Mario Kart sells a lot of copies, so Sony invested in the space.

Smash Bros sells 8 million copies, so Sony is investing in the space.

(I'm not accusing Sony of ripping off Nintendo, simply saying that it makes sense for first parties to invest in spaces that they feel are lucrative and not served on their platform)

KevinCow

Banned
I really don't understand why people are treating this with any sort of legitimacy. How does the whole thing not just scream "Blatantly fake game invented by a little site in an attempt to get attention and hits"?

- Every bit of news has come from one source. Nobody else has said anything about it.

- That one site acts like he's close to the development of the game, and talks freely about specifics of the game. How much sense does that make? If this was a real game that had yet to be announced, Sony would've told him to shut his trap by now, or at least told the guys making the game to stop talking to him.

- Despite being a secret rumored unannounced game, that site insists that you can give suggestions and feedback directly to the development team.

- Despite talking freely about the game, its name, and the characters and stages, that site has yet to provide a single video or screenshot of it, or even any sort of gameplay details.

Hey, I'll happily eat crow if it turns out to be true, I think a Sony Smash Bros. could be fun in the right hands. But right now, I'm calling this fake news by a guy who desperately wants people to look at his website.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Why did the person take a photo of their computer screen instead of just 'PrntScr'? Makes me think it is fake.....

I think the survey is fake. Why would Sony have an Xbox 360 controller headlining its survey?

playstation-all-starsdzxi3.jpg

The survey wasn't likely done by Sony. An outside firm probably handled it.

The survey was done by VGMarket Surveys and is real.

Go to http://www.VGMarketsurveys.com and note that the 360 controller is part of the design.

Kacho

Gold Member
A Sony version of Smash Bros doesn't seem too appealing for some reason. They lack a certain draw that Nintendo or Capcom have with their characters.

I guess if it is:

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

So that the sequel in a few years can be called PlayStation All-Stars: The Hunger Games

Ploid 3.0

I'll buy it, also the lbp kart with the eventual sony cast of characters.

I guess if it is:

PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale

So that the sequel in a few years can be called PlayStation All-Stars: The Hunger Games

Should have started with The Hunger Games so the second one could be a lot better. I guess they'll have problems developing for the PS4 which makes part 2 a shell of the awesome BR version.

Top Bottom