• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet all the heroes and villains from Super Bomberman R!

The Facebook page just uploaded two in one day! It's the Black Bomber one, maybe because Konami Europe uploaded it onto Twitter.

Here's the text:
When you Meet the Bombers, you might wonder who the "best" one is, but no worries it's Black Bomber, he will tell you so himself!

Loving the personalities!

Huge, evil?, cuddly and made of metal! Meet the dastardly Golem Bomber! He just wants to hug and squeeze you like a bunny!

zUguADY.jpg

The artwork for this game is magnificent. I already really want a custom Bomberman R Switch. I'll either have to make decals or paint one myself :(

This game might be on the chopping block because I realized I planned on buying over $700 worth of stuff.

Gonna cut out Bomberman and my extra Joy-Con.

Easily my favourite bomberman and one of my all time favourite games. Would love to have another game like it (in the mean time I can still just play the original).
64 gets a lot of hate but I love the music and powerups in that game quite a bit. It's also my first foray into a 3D style bomberman game. There hasn't really been one similar to it's style for a long while

tsundoku

Nothing in existence is a 'rip from overwatch' because overwatch is the purest distilled design by committee cliche trash in existence

Kinsei

Banned
What I immediately thought of.

I keep wanting this game more and more though. I think the last Bomberman game I played was Bomberman Max Blue.

Golem Bomber has been around since the 90's though. IIRC his love of nature was established back in Saturn Bomberman Fight.

Oh man, I just played this at the D.C. Switch event! The controls were simple (joy-con and pro controller) and everyone playing had a ton of fun. There were seasoned pros and kids with their parents playing. We had an 8 player game going with 4 people and 4 COM. The COM kept kicking our butts, but being relegated to the sidelines was still a ton of fun as you could toss bombs in.

BooJoh

Golem Bomber has been around since the 90's though. IIRC his love of nature was established back in Saturn Bomberman Fight.
Oh for sure, just the addition of the grass and flowers growing on him really brings together that look that seems to draw inspiration from the style, and I'm sure the overgrown Bastion skin was in turn inspired by other media as well. I wasn't intending to call it a rip-off, just pointing out how much it reminded me of Bastion.

Nothing in existence is a 'rip from overwatch' because overwatch is the purest distilled design by committee cliche trash in existence
Tell us what you really think...

These are good, but I wish they were just a tad more fuckable
Looks like sarcasm, but the Sonic avatar is making me second guess myself >.>

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How will people connect online with each other? This is perfect sofa multiplayer gaming, which mean trash talk and seeing friends expressions. I could probably do Skype audio with friends but the game would need to let me control who joins.

Oregano

How will people connect online with each other? This is perfect sofa multiplayer gaming, which mean trash talk and seeing friends expressions. I could probably do Skype audio with friends but the game would need to let me control who joins.

At the most basic I assume there's a "Friend Match" option which will only match you with your friends.

Oh man, I just played this at the D.C. Switch event! The controls were simple (joy-con and pro controller) and everyone playing had a ton of fun. There were seasoned pros and kids with their parents playing. We had an 8 player game going with 4 people and 4 COM. The COM kept kicking our butts, but being relegated to the sidelines was still a ton of fun as you could toss bombs in.

Nice. I think this game is being overlooked

The game doesn't run at 60fps right?

Top Bottom