• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
I'm so thankful that the iga near me still has some of the old shapes left. The old shapes were my favourite snack to eat, hate the newer ones.

the feeling when you made ANZAC bikkies for the expats at work and someone already made a bigger batch, put them out first and they're nicer than the ones you made.

But I also made Lamingtons.
WHERE IS YOUR GOD, NOW!

they went down a treat so all good. plus I now have a private supply of bikkies in my office.
everything's coming up Clivepwned!

This is the last week of my probation, No need to brick it but unwanted brickage is occurring anyway.

Just gotta wait another 6 hours before home time, avoid all spoilers and snark and watch GoT!

Pizza shapes were always disgusting compared to BBQ shapes. I haven't tried either in a while because smug statement about avoiding processed foods leading to a self-righteous tendency to reduce the opinions of others on web forums.

Grassy

Went into woolies today and it was just New and Improved Shapes. Every single box. This is a mass crime in motion.

Arghh fuck no, I had a feeling some stores would just start ordering the new Shapes only.

They're too sweet and have a weird bbq taste. Like some other kind of snack food I find gross but cant place right now.

Sadface. I'll definitely try them but I'm not expecting much.

When I do my groceries this week I'm going to fill the fucking trolley with OG BBQ Shapes. Fuck you Arnotts.

Cruncho

People's thoughts on the cast list for Twin Peaks? Seems like there is going to be a lot of minor parts? Reznor and Vedder?!

Shaneus

My fiancee didn't find GoT to be that bad, seemed to quite enjoy it (and was frustrated they left on a cliffhanger).

Silicon Valley on the other hand, fucking quality opening episode for season 3. Very much my favourite TV show right now, right up there with my favourites *ever*.

jambo

Silicon Valley was awesome.

Game of Thrones was just ok, a lot of setting up for the season ahead. Touching upon so many different characters meant hardly anything actually moved forward.

Stackboy

Ugh, the SBS On Demand app is the worst. Tried to watch some Orphan Black tonight, and not only are the ads at crazy stupid times (right in the middle of some action) but the third ad lost track of where I was in the show, rewinding by 15 minutes. Tried to seek back to where I was in the show, and the app locked up. FFfffuuuu. Back to torrents I guess ( since afaict no Netflix region has S3 or S4...)

Pretty sure Netflix UK is getting s4 episodes as soon as they air.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
What are people saying about the latest GoT? I didn't find it that bad.
Probably coz **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**
they didn't revive Jon snow? Cmon we all know it's gonna happen eventually

Gazunta

Walked into the office this morning, the place is a fucking disaster zone thanks to the renovations happening downstairs, so we're taking a few hours off today while the cleaners come in. AND I LEFT MY 3DS AT HOME GOD DAMN IT

Silicon Valley on the other hand, fucking quality opening episode for season 3. Very much my favourite TV show right now, right up there with my favourites *ever*.

Oh shit I forgot about Silicon Valley!

GoT was better for me than it's been in a while. Was barely interested for a while there.

What are people saying about the latest GoT? I didn't find it that bad.
Probably coz **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**
they didn't revive Jon snow? Cmon we all know it's gonna happen eventually

yeah, it was kind of a nothing episode.

What have they been saying about GoT?

Probably mostly positive things! But over the course of last season I slowly became a grumpy book person :p

Ugh, the SBS On Demand app is the worst. Tried to watch some Orphan Black tonight, and not only are the ads at crazy stupid times (right in the middle of some action) but the third ad lost track of where I was in the show, rewinding by 15 minutes. Tried to seek back to where I was in the show, and the app locked up. FFfffuuuu. Back to torrents I guess ( since afaict no Netflix region has S3 or S4...)

There may or may not be a program that you can use to easily download things from SBS On Demand, and another program for iView ripping...

I still find Jatz, even by themselves, as the undisputed king of biscuit snackery. Plain cornchips are still my god-tier go-to through. Don't know why, but I'm addicted.

They were good when they started out, giving out so many free 3 month memberships couple of years ago when they were the only ones in the AU market. Obviously they were not able to compete with the likes of Netflix, Stan, etc.

TBH I don't see Stan lasting very much longer either.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I had to rebuild my phone and i've lost all my contacts.

anyone who had my number should ping me a note so I can re add you.

Quasar

They were good when they started out, giving out so many free 3 month memberships couple of years ago when they were the only ones in the AU market. Obviously they were not able to compete with the likes of Netflix, Stan, etc.

TBH I don't see Stan lasting very much longer either.

I think they will. They seem to be an easy #2, and one that seems to be making an effort both with original content and local content. Really I more wonder why anyone gives Presto any money.

As for Quckflix, I used them for quite a while for getting BluRays. Just never did with streaming as by the time they had streaming I'd already been using a US netflix account.

Rezbit

I've had schnitzels from Schnitz twice and chips a few more - first time I found the chicken really dry, but then the next time it was really moist and delicious. Chips are top tier for sure.

I finally finished Fallout 4 last night (campaign without DLC) I started this back in November on launch day (X1), got sidetracked by BO3, Battlefront, Just Cause 3, RotTTR and Quantum Break plus an international move in there somewhere.

I really liked it, but yeah, F3 and NV were just that much better.

Liked the world, the story and the gameplay.
Disliked: the crafting and settlements. I felt there weren't enough of those sloggy-missions that go on and one- whether that's good or bad is down to the individual player.
I picked the path of
The Institute since my character, Fanta Jaffa, was flattered at being named her son's successor as Director
. Not interested in DLC since ther first two expansions seem to double down on the stuff I didn't like in the final game (crafting).

I guess its back to Rare Replay for a bit of contrast. I'll be without a PS4 until early June (long, but dull story) so I'll be casting about something fun to play on Xbox for a bit. Maybe Mad Max if its cheap or even a replay of Alan Wake.

I liked GoT this week. Much better opener than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom