• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Hey guys, I finally got around and bought the game on PC after playing OW only on consoles for awhile (I got up to Masters this Season on PS4, woo).

Just wanted to find some people to play the game with on PC that's all. :p

My BattleNet ID is xVaalbarAx#1409

Orisa is a lot of fun but I feel like her fortify isn't nearly as good as I was expecting it to be. Still died a lot using it and killed other Orisas a lot when they used it.

lets hide behind a wall so i can' zip to you as a mercy because i need to take cover. fuck them. i should just go rogue mercy but that would be BM but fuck them.

Tell entire team to flank left to get past Bastion and kill the shield generator.

Team agrees.

Entire team goes right while I go left.

Education pls.

Orisa is a lot of fun but I feel like her fortify isn't nearly as good as I was expecting it to be. Still died a lot using it and killed other Orisas a lot when they used it.
It negates CC like Roadhog's hook, Mei's freeze, and Reinhardt's charge. It's super good but will take a lot of practice to use.

Ramirez

Managed to snag Orisa in a QP match. Had no healers though, so I went down super quick, lol. The alt fire made no sense to me, it says hit L2 again to detonate it, but it never seemed to work. Even when I would have a tether, I was regularly seeing people not being pulled when it exploded. What am I missing?

Well, I got back to Plat after the game placed me in Gold for some reason. It’s now time for the Diamond grind.
I’m already dead.

Managed to snag Orisa in a QP match. Had no healers though, so I went down super quick, lol. The alt fire made no sense to me, it says hit L2 again to detonate it, but it never seemed to work. Even when I would have a tether, I was regularly seeing people not being pulled when it exploded. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything, the right click ball is weird. Everytime I use it, I feel like it SHOULD pull people into it but it just doesn't sometimes someone will be near it and unaffected.

It reminds me of the Ana biotic grenade before they buffed it.

Other than that, she feels good when it comes to suppressing the enemy down a choke point with that massive ammo clip and that's about it.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I have deflected and killed a lot of Junkrats tonight

See, I appreciate this heads up. I figured lots of players would get overconfident about that, rush in and not even note that Genji has deflect up...

junk is a lot of fun now. can't hurt self with bombs lol. also when did his mine get a buff that makes me fly further? gives me something to do when luscious boops me off a map.

komaruR

Well, that was fun. Getting used to using Orisa. Thanks for not picking her, heh

was hoping orisa can throw the shield right on the enmy for my reaper to weave in and out of it to kill lol
eitherway, ppl going tank comp = easy ult charges :D

LiK

was hoping orisa can throw the shield right on the enmy for my reaper to weave in and out of it to kill lol

Hah, next time we can plan that out. I was laughing that Twist and ND used their Ults while you were discussing the plan.

LEEROY JENKINS! 😂😂

Please tell me you archived the stream.

komaruR

Hah, next time we can plan that out. I was laughing that Twist and ND used their Ults while you were discussing the plan.

LEEROY JENKINS! ����

twist was sombra? dunno why he wasn't listening to the group chat tho. I was asking him to hack the bighealth on the left side of point B so i can give him ult charges lol.

then i was trying to see if he can combo with my reaper ult but he just went in and done it lol. i assume he wasn't listening to the group chat?

and yea, ND just ulted when I didnt fully explain what i was gonna do lol
My plan was to tell ND to Ulta and every one go on point. Meanwhile during Dva Ulta I will tele and hide up top Pilar since no1 will be watching during Dva ult. So after Dva Ulta they will bond to get on point to contest and that's when I jump down to die die die.

*o i didnt record/stream todays matches.

Orisa is amaaazing. She shreds everything slow and bulky, or choke points. Her shield is the best in the game, mostly because it doesn't expire. Her alt-fire is useful against quick characters, ruining their flow. And her ult... I have completely wasted every single time. (I would mention Fortify, but I always forget about it.)

Biggest change is her lack of mobility and the travel-time on her primary fire. But man, what a gun she has... it's like having a micro-turret Bastion on her arm.

LiK

twist was sombra? dunno why he wasn't listening to the group chat tho. I was asking him to hack the bighealth on the left side of point B so i can give him ult charges lol.

then i was trying to see if he can combo with my reaper ult but he just went in and done it lol. i assume he wasn't listening to the group chat?

*o i didnt record/stream todays matches.

Dammit, I was doing so well as Orisa too. :(

I saved our matches, thankfully! But no voice comms are included tho.

Best thing was we won that match anyway at the end. I do like Fortify against Mei. She can't freeze me and I killed her. Def useful.

komaruR

Dammit, I was doing so well as Orisa too. :(

I saved our matches, thankfully! But no voice comms are included tho.
You haven't even upload your old ones lol. I think you should just link up your twitch account to ps4 and just stream straight from it so it can be archived. This way you don't need to upload lol

The journey to being an Orisa main has started but progress is slow.

Hope you saved your potg because that was the best orisa potg I've seen so far.

I know you did it by mistake, but it was still really cool.

My plan was to tell ND to Ulta and every one go on point. Meanwhile during Dva Ulta I will tele and hide up top Pilar since no1 will be watching during Dva ult. So after Dva Ulta they will bond to get on point to contest and that's when I jump down to die die die.

I'm blaming that on my new headphones. I think the sound cut off in that moment.

Maybe.

Edit: also, when lik using orisa pulled that hanzo down when he was trying to climb to get away on gibraltar lmao that was so well-timed

LiK

You haven't even upload your old ones lol. I think you should just link up your twitch account to ps4 and just stream straight from it so it can be archived. This way you don't need to upload lol

Been lazy. Downloading to USB takes so long. I'll do that this week.

Does streaming cause lag? I'm always afraid of that.

Owzers

Hope you saved your potg because that was the best orisa potg I've seen so far.

I know you did it by mistake, but it was still really cool.

I'm blaming that on my new headphones. I think the sound cut off in that moment.

Maybe.

Edit: also, when lik using orisa pulled that hanzo down when he was trying to climb to get away on gibraltar lmao that was so well-timed

I didn't even see the other Orisa who got tossed, they were on the other side of the gap.

That bastion though...complete murder.

komaruR

Been lazy. Downloading to USB takes so long. I'll do that this week.

Does streaming cause lag? I'm always afraid of that.
What's your isp upload bandwidth?
I stream by using capture device and observe tho and that way I can set my bitrate.
I think ps4 own streaming will auto vary the bitrate depending on your bandwidth too I think.

komaruR

I like the one in volskya. Pulled the genji and Hanzo down from the top right opening n picked them off. Then we proceed to murder the rest of their team lol

LiK

What's your upload bandwidth?
I stream by using capture device and observe tho and that way I can set my bitrate.
I think ps4 own streaming will auto vary the bitrate depending on your bandwidth too I think.

Speed test on iPad says 6Mbps

Lol, thank you. saw that fucker and went right after him. That was funny.

I like the one in volskya. Pulled the genji and Hanzo down from the top right opening n picked them off. Then we proceed to murder the rest of their team lol

Shimada bros finally gets their ass beat. LOL

I'll def upload those clips. Made me laugh too.

LiK

Oh yea, I was able to use the Halt to pull Rein when he was charging. I think you guys were wondering what was going on when he kinda flew back. That was surprisingly useful.

I hooked that hanzo.

But for the 4th time in a row I couldn't finish off a full hp hanzo with hog. Don't know what's going on but probably I'm not aiming at the right spot because you should definitely be able to one-shot him.

LiK

I hooked that hanzo.

But for the 4th time in a row I couldn't finish off a full hp hanzo with hog. Don't know what's going on but probably I'm not aiming at the right spot because you should definitely be able to one-shot him.

I saw the tests and he has a weird hitbox like with Ana. Need to aim more at the head and neck region from what people said. The hook nerf def made it harder to kill him.

I saw the tests and he has a weird hitbox like with Ana. Need to aim more at the head and neck region from what people said. The hook nerf def made it harder to kill him.

Oh ok didn't know about that. He always escapes with a fraction of health and I was getting pissed off, gotta aim higher then since I usually focus on the center.

LiK

Here's my point of view during out great Gibralta run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJDrm3uUqtI

Woo, got Volskaya too on Attack? That was a smooth match.

Oh ok didn't know about that. He always escapes with a fraction of health and I was getting pissed off, gotta aim higher then since I usually focus on the center.

I don't remember if he was one of them but a few heroes also might need you to walk up a step during the follow up after hook to kill them.

ricelord

Orisa is amaaazing. She shreds everything slow and bulky, or choke points. Her shield is the best in the game, mostly because it doesn't expire. Her alt-fire is useful against quick characters, ruining their flow. And her ult... I have completely wasted every single time. (I would mention Fortify, but I always forget about it.)

Biggest change is her lack of mobility and the travel-time on her primary fire. But man, what a gun she has... it's like having a micro-turret Bastion on her arm.

her shields does expire after 20 secs.

I don't remember if he was one of them but a few heroes also might need you to walk up a step during the follow up after hook to kill them.

Yup just checked.

You need to close your distance to Sombra, Hanzo, Symmetra and Mei if you want to one-shot them. Roadhog also deals significant less damage on tanks with the new hook.

Sucks :\

Is the music completely gone on the ps4 version? lol, what the hell blizzard.

Yea, played one Orisa match (seemed fun) and noticed that too, very jarring. Hoping for a quick fix.

I'm sad reading all my Ps4 bros experiences while playing together. I get a Switch + Zelda tomorrow though so not sure if I'll be online much more than I am now, but other stuff like school should be getting less crazy so I may be down for some games every so often. Still haven't done a single comp match this season. Feels bad.

LiK

Yea, played one Orisa match (seemed fun) and noticed that too, very jarring. Hoping for a quick fix.

I'm sad reading all my Ps4 bros experiences while playing together. I get a Switch + Zelda tomorrow though so not sure if I'll be online much more than I am now, but other stuff like school should be getting less crazy so I may be down for some games every so often. Still haven't done a single comp match this season. Feels bad.

OW taking away my time from playing Zelda. Been addicted to OW cuz of the GAF bros here. Been good to play with peeps who don't tilt at each other and try to have a good time. Come back soon.

OW taking away my time from playing Zelda. Been addicted to OW cuz of the GAF bros here. Been good to play with peeps who don't tilt at each other and try to have a good time. Come back soon.

Yeah. I still have a bit to do in Zelda... but OW bros are keeping me from it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
After spending most of my OW career so far as a support main, it's been fun blowing off some steam as Reaper. Especially now with all that the Orisa noobs and nerfed Bastions out there.

I'm doing worse at OW then I've ever done since it came out because of Zelda lol, straight gold status now

This is exactly how I feel about her. Super good hero, a great addition to the game.

LiK

Orisa needs a good team to do well. She gets taken down pretty quickly like Dva. Def need a good healer like Mercy to keep her topped off. Her slow mobility makes running towards health packs a hassle. Man, I wish she had a short sprint.

Orisa needs a good team to do well. She gets taken down pretty quickly like Dva. Def need a good healer like Mercy to keep her topped off. Her slow mobility makes running towards health packs a hassle. Man, I wish she had a short sprint.

You can't have it all!

She has a lesser Reinhardt shield, a lesser Bastion cannon, the ability to make herself immune to CC, and she has a mini Grav. Giving her a sprint would be overkill.

I know how it feels, though - every time I die as Roadhog I sigh at my long walk back. :(

jviggy43

Agreed.

What are people's thoughts on her? Right now I feel confused. Like I'm not sure what spot shed take on a 6 stack over any other current in-meta character. Her shield is pretty awesome and that ult with a team nearby is great as well but im having trouble envisoning where she fits in.

Top Bottom