• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I canceled my next-gen console pre-order. Launch titles do not hype me

ymmv

Banned
not if you factor in the $50 a year to play online

Pffff... You get a whole lot of PS3/Vita games with that PSN+ subscription too. That alone makes PSN+ great value. It's not like an Xbox Live gold sub where the paywall only gives you online gaming plus access to other subscription services. That's a rotten deal.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think I'm in the same boat. I'll probably cancel my pre-order unless I somehow have a significant amount of extra cash come November.

why cancel?

I preordered both. If some sudden unannounced game is announced, ill be ready. Otherwise I can always flip it for some extra cash to boost up the pc... or heck, if they aren't worth much, ill just return it.

Unless you are REALLY strapped on cash, I see only positives on getting day 1.

Hattori

Banned
Dv5e5.gif

not a very smart thing to do...

kswiston

I am very interested in several of the launch/launch window titles shown so far, but I'm not buying a PS4 this year. The first six months after the launch of any system is almost always shit. Gamers eager to justify the purchase of their new $300-500 machine end up buying games they would never buy a year or two into the generation (at full price nonetheless) and launch hardware is always the least reliable.

Looking forward to buying a PS4 in 12-18 months. Maybe by then I will even have a few retail games through PS+

rapid32.5

I'm in same boat but won't cancel my PS4 preorder. First, there will be no price drop for 2 years, I might as well grab one at launch. And there will be PSN with great downloadable games to fall back on.

I did as well. If I buy a console at launch I'll just end up buying crappy games at full price just because I want something to play on that system.

I'll join the party after the first round of price drops and by then there should be some sweet games.

Killzone looks like a game I might want to play, but it doesn't look $520 after tax good.

rugioh

Banned
Unless Infamous is out for launch, I'll probably wait on PS4 as well. No rush, but I'm still glad that a new generation is on the horizon

As much as I disagree with your stance about the launch lineups (I think Watch_Dogs looks amazing), I totally respect you cancelling the pre-order instead of buying it and selling it for a profit on Ebay.

TheGamer

YoIPy.gif

You might regret canceling your preorder. Isn't there some exclusive games yet to be revealed? Might be a surprise and be released on launch day.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Ignore. How the fuck did I end up in this thread. I was posting in the WC thread and somehow ended up here.

Top Bottom