• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Fun thing to do if you have an iPhone.

Open Siri and say, "Hey 'Puter" for some LEGO Batman easter egg responses.

It has several responses.

FWIW, Batman's Computer is voiced by "Siri" in The LEGO Batman Movie. Also, Batman uses a LEGO iPhone (complete with Apple Logo and all) a few times in the film, lol
I will do this tomorrow when my wife isn't asleep next to me. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Osahi

Nah, it definitely wants to default to being up. I have to fiddle with mine quite a bit if I want to pose it any other way. It's mostly just fun to push it down and have it pop back up a bunch of times.
Thanks. I remember Jangq video where it stayed down longer then mine does.

But up is fine offcourse. Very cool set either way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Fun thing to do if you have an iPhone.

Open Siri and say, "Hey 'Puter" for some LEGO Batman easter egg responses.

It has several responses.

FWIW, Batman's Computer is voiced by "Siri" in The LEGO Batman Movie. Also, Batman uses a LEGO iPhone (complete with Apple Logo and all) a few times in the film, lol

its very noticable product placement..

Ponn

Banned
its very noticable product placement..

It's not like it filled the screen at one point

oh wait...

After the Shell oil thing Lego might be gun shy to do partnerships again but what would everyone think if Lego started adding real products to sets? Like Coca Cola cans for figs, iPhones, mini PS4's or Switch handheld pieces? A McDonalds with a drive thru could be kinda neat for a Lego City.

So I'm at TRU and they're doing a BOGO 40% sale on Lego Batman and City sets, but as usual the prices are marked up beyond anybody else and I'm wondering how they're allowed to get away with this.

I mean buying the Fun in the Park set and Riddler Car would cost me MORE money with this sale at their prices.

EDIT: The sale excludes Scuttler and Clayface too, lol. They know which sets people are going for.

DonShula

I find myself with several bins full of Lego pieces and a general idea of which sets they belong to. Is there a website where I can select a set and then check off which pieces I have for it? I'm trying to sort the pieces by set but have pieces from 10+ sets mixed together.

I find myself with several bins full of Lego pieces and a general idea of which sets they belong to. Is there a website where I can select a set and then check off which pieces I have for it? I'm trying to sort the pieces by set but have pieces from 10+ sets mixed together.
Brickset and Rebrickable

So I'm at TRU and they're doing a BOGO 40% sale on Lego Batman and City sets, but as usual the prices are marked up beyond anybody else and I'm wondering how they're allowed to get away with this.

I mean buying the Fun in the Park set and Riddler Car would cost me MORE money with this sale at their prices.

EDIT: The sale excludes Scuttler and Clayface too, lol. They know which sets people are going for.

MSRP is only suggested retail price. No supplier of any retail product I know off sets a maximum price retailers can sell the goods. I don't like TRU practices, but I don't think they are doing anything illegal, questionable yes.

Today, with Amazon, Target, and Walmart as competition and the internet, most people should be able to easily price compare. When it's exclusive items at TRU, then I'm more upset, but that's their business if they want to run it that way. They just won't get much of my business.

Saw the LBM Mr Freeze set on clearance... yay or nay? It wasn't really on my radar so far...

I really like Mr. Freeze's mini-mech. As for minifigs, so far only the Mr. Freeze is unique. Bottom line is you are buying the set for mech and Mr. Freeze.

Voror

Outside of certain exclusive sets that aren't carried by other retailers (eg Seasonal sets such as 40236 Romantic Valentines Picnic; but excess stock of older seasonal sets have popped up at other retailers the year after they have been retired and disappeared) getting a free promo you can't live without, or catching a Black Friday/Xmas sale at LEGO, you'll find much better prices at other retailers if you have patience.

Points are only worth 5% (or 10% to 15% during occasional 2x and 3x VIP events) and can only be redeemed at LEGO stores/Shop at Home. Most retailers such as Amazon have been recently discounting brand new released sets at 20%+ off, and clearance sales have been really good in the past several months most likely due to the crazy volume LEGO has been producing due to perceived demand.

You can lower you buy in cost through purchasing discounted gift cards from eBay or sites like Cardcash or Raise and combine this with retailer specific deals such as ToysRus TRUTH discount (but beware, TrU tends to raise their "regular" prices well above MSRP so be aware of what they actually cost elsewhere), K-Mart Surprise points or getting a business account at Amazon for exclusive discounts, or using coupon deals at YoYo.com/Jet.com. And don't forget you can generally price match other sales at most retailers.

You can do some reading on deals over at Brickpicker. As much as their members tend to bother me by how ruthless they are acquiring sets to re-sell, they really know the ins and outs of getting the best deal.
https://community.brickpicker.com/forum/14-buying-selling/

Thank you for the rundown!

I ended up getting the Speedwagon Batmobile and the Pizza Van. Finished the Pizza Van and just about done with the Speedwagon, but oddly I seem to be missing three pieces. I've doublechecked and scoured around where I'm building but no luck.

Does that happen? Pieces just straight up missing from set?

Edit: Phew, they was stuck inside one of the big tires. Picked up the nearly completed thing and heard something jingling around.

Bii

MSRP is only suggested retail price. No supplier of any retail product I know off sets a maximum price retailers can sell the goods. I don't like TRU practices, but I don't think they are doing anything illegal, questionable yes.

Today, with Amazon, Target, and Walmart as competition and the internet, most people should be able to easily price compare. When it's exclusive items at TRU, then I'm more upset, but that's their business if they want to run it that way. They just won't get much of my business.

I feel the same way about TRU. I only get stuff from there if it's an exclusive. Otherwise, a lot of the product they sell they mark up the prices. It always pains me to see other customers buying Pokemon card packs at $4.99 each where Target/Wal-Mart would sell them for $3.99-$4.19.

We finished building the Batcave Break-In last night. It was an easy build. I really like the rotating wardrobe of Batsuits and the multi-screen computer setup.

seY8szJ.jpg

Markus

Thank you for the rundown!

Edit: Phew, they was stuck inside one of the big tires. Picked up the nearly completed thing and heard something jingling around.

No problem, anything to enable!

Missing/broken pieces do happen from time to time, but LEGO is great at mailing out missing pieces for free. If it ever does happen in the future, you can call them or go to their missing pieces page on their website (https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help-topics/bricks-and-sets/replacement-parts/missing-pieces)

The biggest Ninjago expert I know ( my 7 years old) just saw the Ninjago movie trailer with me for the first time, he said he prefers their look from the cartoons and is not digging those hairstyles and uniforms. He'll probably come around once the movie draws nearer.

I dont really like the designs of the bat wing or bat tank or the fully assembled ultimate batmobile, but the basic batmobile looks GREAT. Sadly I'm not paying $120 for it, i wish it was sold on its own for $70. Maybe a year from now when its on clearance I'll pick it up for $70-80

Ponn

Banned
I'm pretty sure it's wheels with a cover.

Aww, shame. I wonder if it could be modded to have tracks. Maybe I could use the bat tank from the previous killer croc set, hmmm.

I don't think that will happen, don't really fits into the LEGO image.

They still do happy meal toys for them. McDonalds has made major pushes to show healhier meals and happy meals for kids with fruit and stuff. Better fitting than Subway at least. Thinking about it a Sonic Drive In set would be pretty rad too. It would give a place to park all those City vehicles and figs on skates with trays.

Voror

No problem, anything to enable!

Missing/broken pieces do happen from time to time, but LEGO is great at mailing out missing pieces for free. If it ever does happen in the future, you can call them or go to their missing pieces page on their website (https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help-topics/bricks-and-sets/replacement-parts/missing-pieces)

That's good to know. Glad I didn't have to do that this time though!

Ultimate Batmobile sub-vehicles:

http://i.imgur.com/BYyybxA.jpg

That looks very nice indeed.

Thinking I'll shoot for a Star Wars set next. Leaning towards Poe's X-Wing or the U-Wing. Tie Striker and Fighter look great too.

Monkaii

Just ordered the LEGO technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS from Amazon.fr for 219€ ! Quite a bit cheaper than the lego shop price here in the Netherlands (329€).

Can't wait until I can get my hands on it; hope it is as fun to build as it is great to look at.

wetwired

Will double check tomorrow.

Took a few pics of the pages of the Harley and Two-Face sets, along with more mini figs coming.
I know last time I did something like that and didn't directly post them, other LEGO blogs snatched it up and it blew up (hello, SPACESHIP! leak!). Playing it safer this time since it is obvious to many where I work, even if I don't explicitly say it. I do want to keep my job.

But that is what PMs are for. :)

did you have any luck with this?

_Rob_

After really enjoying the construction of the Queen Anne's Revenge over the weekend, I took the plunge and managed to find a reasonably priced Black Pearl. The only downside is that it appears to have been stored on the moon given the amount of dust present!

As such, in your experience what is the best way to wash Lego without losing stickers/print?Also, how safe am I to gently hand wash Lego sails?

We finished building the Batcave Break-In last night. It was an easy build. I really like the rotating wardrobe of Batsuits and the multi-screen computer setup.

Now that I'm not on mobile....what is going on with the colors in your photo?

The biggest Ninjago expert I know ( my 7 years old) just saw the Ninjago movie trailer with me for the first time, he said he prefers their look from the cartoons and is not digging those hairstyles and uniforms. He'll probably come around once the movie draws nearer.

The new thread is bringing back some of the veterans!

ruxtpin

Banned
Saw LBM last night. Echoing what others have said... I told myself I was just going to be buying Star Wars and large D2C sets, but now I want everything LBM related. Everything! Forgive me padre.

Osahi

Just built the Batmobile of TLBM. I know it's a controversial design, but I loved it. It's a cool build with a lot of nice shaping and cool (awesome) detailing, and the whole monster truckish-feel fits the tone of the movie so much. Finally got a Robin minifig in costume too now.

For now I have every TLBM set I was eying (Scuttler, Batmobile, Lowrider and Arctic Roller), except for Clayface. Might grab Riddlers car if it drops in price a bit further, and I also want Catwomans bike (for the Catwoman fig alone), but that one is still to expensive too. (nearing 20 ct a piece over here)

Been a great line allready, and I can't wait for the ultimate batmobile

For now I have every TLBM set I was eying (Scuttler, Batmobile, Lowrider and Arctic Roller), except for Clayface. Might grab Riddlers car if it drops in price a bit further, and I also want Catwomans bike (for the Catwoman fig alone), but that one is still to expensive too. (nearing 20 ct a piece over here)

The Riddler set has some fantastic figs. I'd definitely recommend it.

Can't wait to dig into the Scuttler....I really wish I didn't want to collect this whole theme. It's brutal.

I mentioned it in the movie thread but didn't see any comments on it here. How amazing was it to see
Zan, Jayna
&
Gleek
in the film? Really hoping they get included in a set.

shiba5

Do you guys think there will be a UCS Kyle Ren shuttle? I'm tempted to get the regular version, but it's incorrect and I'm hoping they fix it.
Also, Krennic's shuttle is a really interesting build, comes with some cool minis, and looks good to boot. Recommended!

Done with the movie. Really want those white end credits figures of the Sirens.

I want all of the end credit figs.

Do you guys think there will be a UCS Kyle Ren shuttle? I'm tempted to get the regular version, but it's incorrect and I'm hoping they fix it.
Also, Krennic's shuttle is a really interesting build, comes with some cool minis, and looks good to boot. Recommended!

In my mind there are too many far more popular ships that could use the UCS treatment. Whether they've been done before or not, the Landspeeder, Falcon, AT-ST, AT-AT, Vader's Tie etc.

That having been said, if it is heavily featured in EP8 I could totally see it. As it stands it doesn't seem important enough (but that hasn't stopped TLG before).

Agreed on Krennic's shuttle. I've got it displayed on a stand and the footprint is just massive.

namtab37

Neo Member
As I sit here waiting for the LEGO Batman movie to start.. they play a Mega Construx comercial? I find this highly amusing.

Anyone near Manchester?

If so I've just been in the Legoland discovery store at the Trafford centre and they are selling the Disco / Clown polybag for £3, picked up a couple myself, couldn't not do but there were plenty on shelves.

shiba5

I want all of the end credit figs.

In my mind there are too many far more popular ships that could use the UCS treatment. Whether they've been done before or not, the Landspeeder, Falcon, AT-ST, AT-AT, Vader's Tie etc.

That having been said, if it is heavily featured in EP8 I could totally see it. As it stands it doesn't seem important enough (but that hasn't stopped TLG before).

Agreed on Krennic's shuttle. I've got it displayed on a stand and the footprint is just massive.

I thought Kylo's ship was stupid looking when I first saw it, but it's really grown on me since getting the X-Wing (board game) model of it.
Is the current Lego set any good?

Osahi

I thought Kylo's ship was stupid looking when I first saw it, but it's really grown on me since getting the X-Wing (board game) model of it.
Is the current Lego set any good?

The model isn't accurate in it's color scheme and lacks the folding out feature of the wings, probably due to Lego having to design the set based on prelimenary designs. But it looks great imo and it's a good build. To me it's actually one of the standout TFA sets...

But I do think they might do an update sooner then we'd think with Episode VIII coming out, so if you want an accurate model you might want to wait.

Top Bottom