• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga continues conquest of NeoGaf, "BAD ROMANCE" recreated in LBP

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Rikyfree said:
How can people like this tripe? I mean really, has music these days gotten THAT bad?

it sounds kinda like trance/eurodance, which is why I like it

why don't you like it?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Danthrax said:
it sounds kinda like trance/eurodance, which is why I like it

why don't you like it?
dont you get it!!! it's not the sound of one hand clapping and people named Jean-Paul banging on trash canS!!1111 ahh suicide

aryies

Neo Member
Rikyfree said:
How can people like this tripe? I mean really, has music these days gotten THAT bad?

its a sad state of affairs, thats for sure. i thought britney and miley were as bad as music got these days. gaga is up there though, for sure.

Shambles

aryies said:
or she, along with 90% of mainstream music sucks? :lol

honestly her music is pop garbage :/ i guess it's what kids are into these days.

Someone who categorically dismisses an entire genre of music AND pretends to know music. Please, lead us to the road of enlightenment and hypocrisy. Heck I'm no pop fanatic but I can still see it's place. Stop taking life so seriously.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
aryies said:
its a sad state of affairs, thats for sure. i thought britney and miley were as bad as music got these days. gaga is up there though, for sure.
Gaga is John Lennon compared to Miley Cyrus--hell, Britney is probably Ringo Starr in comparison. "Party in the USA" and "The Climb" are the worst non-BEP songs of the decade.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you should start a blog and broadcast your opinion to the world

dazzgc

Banned
The Lady Gaga fandom here is quite trifling, her music really isnt good by any stretch of the imagination. Like most genres of music these days great music nine times out of ten are from underground or up and coming artists and independants i see nothing that charts in the top 40 as being worth wasting my time on.

GhaleonQ

That was pretty impressive (no, not a fan). Puppetry will never, ever cease to be funny, and the diversity of the costumes really added to it. Good work.

julls said:
'trifling'? 'tripe'?

how fucking old are you people? :lol

...Really? Those are just words. If someone said she's as sweet as a phosphate, you'd have a point.

Cowie

17 year old music-aficionado GAF out in full force.

Moving past that, great work! Although it not being the whole video really threw me off. Still, what you've done is impressive!

Facism

Foxtastical said:
Lady Gaga's appeal must be directly tie to their marketing budget. I just can't get into that.

Yeah same here, its some stupid shit. Even listening to the lyrics you realise half her songs are about sucking dick. This shit is promoted to young women so they become mentally fucking gaga.

You can tell she got some corporate shill behind her directing the agenda. Thats the power of music. You can take the most retarded shit add a beat and people start to worship it. I can see why Plato advocated using music to condition people.

Anyway as much as i hate the music, i quite like what you did with LBP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Happy Phantom said:
reposting this from another thread because OMG LADDY GUYGUY HEZ NO TALENT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecDmzuiBl-4

conversely in regards to the people claiming she has no talent; shut up.

motherofgod.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
itt people who don't know musical talent when they see it, but pretend they do because they probably got an arts degree or something

vulva

Rikyfree said:
Asking people with taste to shut up will not stop that horrible racket from sucking harder than the "artist" who sings it does on the weekends.
lolololol with taste? What do you listen to? Top 10, right now.

aryies

Neo Member
Rez said:
itt people who don't know musical talent when they see it, but pretend they do because they probably got an arts degree or something

Let's have some fun, this beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick

I wanna kiss you
But if I do then I might miss you, babe
It's complicated and stupid
Got my ass squeezed by sexy Cupid
Guess he wants to play, wants to play
A love game, a love game

you are fucking right. talent just hit me right upside my fucking head. /bow gaga bow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
any sap can spend a year or two playing the piano, trust me. there are thousands of people who can sing just as well as her, if not much, much better.

it takes talent to analyze a marketplace and write and present accordingly to become successful without sacrificing musical or personal credibility, and individuality.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
aryies said:

I wanna kiss you
But if I do then I might miss you, babe
It's complicated and stupid
Got my ass squeezed by sexy Cupid
Guess he wants to play, wants to play
A love game, a love game

you are fucking right. talent just hit me right upside my fucking head. /bow gaga bow.
it's throwaway top 40 pop music. people just want to go out and dance to this stuff and be entertained by her crazy outfits and catchy tunes. christ, what do people want? it takes talent to write songs that become hugely popular. of course, i'm sure you'd argue that the population are a bunch of mindless idiots that will buy any old crap, but she's had a few big songs in a row now. that's talent in knowing a market, at the very least.

Rikyfree

julls said:
it's throwaway top 40 pop music. people just want to go out and dance to this stuff and be entertained by her crazy outfits and catchy tunes. christ, what do people want? it takes talent to write songs that become hugely popular. of course, i'm sure you'd argue that the population are a bunch of mindless idiots that will buy any old crap, but she's had a few big songs in a row now. that's talent in knowing a market, at the very least.
I don't see that as talent at all, just the ability to manipulate poor saps.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
music does not vapourise out of thin air. it kind of takes some time.

vulva

aryies said:
at least he admitted that its "throwaway, mindless disposable music".
you seem extremely vocal about the quality of music. I'm very curious what artists you consider to be good as well as the dude who rageignored me

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Rikyfree said:
:lol
manipulate them into what? maybe they just like pop music or they just wanna dance to something? (i don't, i'm horrible :p)

i like a huge range of music, and still will find one of her songs catchy if i turn on the radio or cable and it's on. but everyone who listens to her music must be a brainless idiot, right?

aryies: it has its place. i'm still wondering why you claim it's objectively bad.

this thread has passed the last hour of work nicely :D

V_Arnold

pizzaguysrevenge said:
Music elitists make me laugh for hating 90% of music yet still having the audacity to call themselves "music lovers."

Makes me sick.

They are The Music Keepers. Making sure everyone is having just as much fun as they do.
It is important, you know? : )

Rikyfree said:
Not really, because if that was the case, everyone and their moms would be a star. Lady Gaga is not consider a good looking woman by hollywood standards, but her talent and work ethic paid off. People make it sound like is really easy to get into the entertainment business when thats not the case at all. Requires alot of work and something that captures the audience. POP music is what it is.....POP. Is fun to dance to, I don't see anything wrong with that. And as a DJ, thats what you play, regardless the genre. People want to dance. If you don't like her music fine. But don't consider people who enjoy her music "poor saps"

Video was awesome BTW.

Psyclone

All this Lady Gaga crap really needs to stop. Surely it's run its course by now. Sorry to be changing the subject of the OP but this must be addressed. Make Gaga History..

Manaka

The truth is, someone near you probably sings better/plays the piano better, but noone gives a shit.
It's all about doing the right stuff at the right time , there's no "a mega awesome artist will become a superstar just by being good".
Of course she makes "stupid" pop songs, but nobody can say that they aren't catchy at the least.
Also isn't it nice to know that she at least is a good musician and not some idiot who doesn't even write songs?
Being a musician myself showed me how stupid this business is/can be.

Also see what ShinobiFist wrote.

Top Bottom