• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

cheez124

i wish they had put the vocal version of beneath the mask over the instrumental, that was one of the songs i was looking forward to. ah well, guess i'll just have to wait haha

Setsu00

I know I said this before but I love your art. Like seriously. You're talented as heck.

I love how both eyes of Joker look crazy. Joker is giving some Light Yagami vibes.

I was never really satisfied with that Mitsuru picture, to be honest. It was my first attempt to use color more liberally and I think it shows.

Anyway, thanks. I was thinking about opening comissions lately, but I'm not sure if there's demand for something like that.

Lusankya

Track 15 and 16 of the Persona 5 are boss themes for sure and i kinda even say track 15 is a prelude / intro of track 16 like Meguro did in DDS and such... maybe the spoilerish tracks of the list since i know people want to get those boss battle music in context

Just noticed the PV03 theme is missing of the list

#15 is called "Awakening", so it could be related to the characters getting their initial Personas. But yeah, based on the trailers this is probably something played before the boss battle.

Btw. here is the new "Don't post spoilers or Caroline and Justine will hurt you" image:
Bgcqki7.jpg

kiyoaki

Track list with romanizations and rough translations. Some characters might be off, these pictures are damn grainy.
1. Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There - opening movie version -
2. Phantom
3. 脱出 (Dasshutsu / Escape)
4. Life Will Change
5. 逃走〜逮捕 (Tôsô-Taiho / Flight - Arrest)
6. 尋問室 (Jinmonshitsu / Interrogation Room)
7. 回想〜暗示 (Kaisô-Anji / Reminiscence - Hints)
8. Beneath the Mask -instrumental version-
9. 出会い (Deai / Encounter)
10. 異世界へ (Isekai e / To Another World)
11. 疑惑 (Giwaku / Doubts)
12. 緊迫 (Kinpaku / Tension)
13. 不穏 (Fuon / Restlessness)
14. 欲望 (Yokubô / Desire)
15. 覚醒 (Kakusei / Awakening)
16. Will Power
17. 王と王妃と奴隷 -another version- (Ô to Ôhi to Dorei -another version- / The King, the Princess, and the Slave -another version-)
18. Last Surprise
19. 全ての人の魂の詩 (Subete no Hito no Tamashii no Shi / Poem for Everyone's Souls)
20. Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There -女神異聞録アレンジ- (Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There -Megami Ibunroku Arrange-)

Finally watched the Day Breakers special. The boss fight segment kinda took me out of it because it was really stupid, but I found myself quickly absorbed into everything else that was going on. It left me thinking I definitely wouldn't say no to more of this, so it did its job. I'm Ready For P5.

please be nothing like P4 please be nothing like P4 please be nothing like P4 please be nothing like P4 please b

PK Gaming

Finally watched the Day Breakers special. The boss fight segment kinda took me out of it because it was really stupid, but I found myself quickly absorbed into everything else that was going on. It left me thinking I definitely wouldn't say no to more of this, so it did its job. I'm Ready For P5.

please be nothing like P4 please be nothing like P4 please be nothing like P4 please be nothing like P4 please b

Woah, woah, woah, what's with the revisionist history?!

P4 might have had its flaws, but it was ultimately a really, really damn good game.

If anything, I want P5 to be more like P4, but improve on its failings.

Makio

I cant be the only one to hear
I AM COOOOMING! FUCK YOU!

In last surprise lyrics

Can't unhear it now
Fuck you haha

Now come the funny part guess the Engrish lyrics , here what i had of Last Surprise chorus (spoilers just in case)

You never seen it coming
(You'll see)
Put the money ???? ... you ???? (mesmerized) ??
You down there
(but that)
Let me teach you , your last surprise

Thats basically i had from the first chorus , chorus change some words later in the song and from the words and phrases i can tell i like how the lyrics talk about literally kicking ass most direct battle theme of the series so far

(Reach out to the truth lyrics never make sense too much to me tbh)

Lusankya

C
You never seen it coming
(You'll see)
Put the money ???? ... you ???? (mesmerized) ??
You down there
(but that)
Let me teach you , your last surprise

How about this:

You never see it coming!
You see, that my mind is too fast for eyes.
You're damned!
But that time it hit you, your last surprise!
Ouuuuh...

later it adds:

I'm coming! For you! (not fuck you, lol)
My game's always the best of mine/mind (???)
You're spawning!
But that meant you didn't catch it in time!
Ouuuuhhhh...

Dantis

Life Will Change is already hitting me in the feels, and the game isn't even out.

I love how it follows on from the opening.

Woah, woah, woah, what's with the revisionist history?!

P4 might have had its flaws, but it was ultimately a really damn good game.

If anything, I want P5 to be more like P4, but improve on its failings.

I really loved P4 back then, buuuut in recent years I've soured on it massively. Like, in a big major super high school level way. This is of course just me, but the less it's like its predecessor, the less likely I am to let my currently not very high opinion of P4 impact my enjoyment of P5. I'm most hoping for completely different characters with a completely different group dynamic, since even on my replays of the original game I find the IT horribly grating now.

Zolo

The main thing I'd hope for the P5 team is they can develop outside of the protagonist and maybe with other members like in P3.

me too
and not take any cues from P3

Total opposite here. P3 had really good groundwork built up, but the execution was lacking. If they go similar places here but bring their A game for real, I'd be all about that.

I like the new remixes for P2,P3, and P4 on the CDs. P1 one is kind of ehh.

The Mass Destruction remix destroyed me.

Makio

How about this:

You never see it coming!
You see, that my mind is too fast for eyes.
You're damned!
But that time it hit you, your last surprise!
Ouuuuh...

later it adds:

I'm coming! For you! (not fuck you, lol)
My game's always the best of mine/mind (???)
You're spawning!
But that meant you didn't catch it in time!
Ouuuuhhhh...

Awesome totally can hear the second part not so sure about "but that time it hit you" part but i think you nailed

Life will change lyrics are awesome props to Benjamin Franklin lol..

Total opposite here. P3 had really good groundwork built up, but the execution was lacking. If they go similar places here but bring their A game for real, I'd be all about that.
P3 is a game I consider good with nothing that sticks out as great, P4 is one of my favorite games ever made. I do not want P5 just riding P4's coattails, but I do want it to avoid P3

I really loved P4 back then, buuuut in recent years I've soured on it massively. Like, in a big major super high school level way. This is of course just me, but the less it's like its predecessor, the less likely I am to let my currently not very high opinion of P4 impact my enjoyment of P5. I'm most hoping for completely different characters with a completely different group dynamic, since even on my replays of the original game I find the IT horribly grating now.
trre.gif

_Ryo_

Wait, so the game broke street date in Taiwan, and the anniversary and ps5 OST leaked?

I wonder if I can find a let's play. haha.

artsi

Wait, so the game broke street date in Taiwan, and the anniversary and ps5 OST leaked?

I wonder if I can find a let's play. haha.

Atlus has ninjas on standby @ YT and NicoNico, but maybe some Chinese website that doesn't give a fuck about copyright takedown requests.

Makio

The Mass Destruction remix destroyed me.

If that remix doesn't tell you we need Persona 3 Dancing All Night then god must be dead
_______
The vocal of Beneath the mask is gonna be my favorite i know it , there is when Lyn really show off soft soul filled tracks
There again her vocals are dope really fill my expectations

cGttBbv.gif

Personally, I'd prefer P5 have a story like the latter half of P3 and a group dynamic like P4G.

P3's story would imo have been fantastic if they tightened up the pacing and went a bit less, for lack of a better term, "anime" with the tone. I was expecting something a lot darker when I was first hearing about the game, but ended up with an oddly consistently optimistic apocalypse plot. Even just stuff like Buffy the Vampire Slayer I think showed the struggle of straight up having the fate of the world resting on your shoulders much better, while in P3 everyone was just super determined to kick Nyx's ass and prevent the Fall after they had their Big Character Moment and that was that. They failed to really explore the more human side of being that young and having that massive a burden. Now, I know you should expect a fantasy JRPG and a TV show specifically about the struggles of growing up and adapting to the world to go about this stuff differently, but with how character driven Persona is they could've gone much further than they did in P3. That's not to say P3 didn't lack character development, but it was mostly very self-contained rather than pertaining to the plot at large.

So essentially, P3 has stronger groundwork with its plot and characters than P4 did imo. If P5 takes cues from that but has a tighter plot and a closer group dynamic, I'm a happy camper.

12BoM

Would love to watch a stream right now

Edit: This reminds me of the wait between KH: BBS japan release and the US release. I was in high school watching Cyberman (i think thats his name?) play through Terra's story to completion in the computer lab. Not gonna spoil P5 the way I did BBs, but still

asagami_

Banned
With P5 out in the wild, this is the last chance to make any wild or off-the-wall predictions.

Sojiro Sakura is Baofu in disguise and Futaba is his daughter. The mother? Obviously is Ulala. Hackers skills + orange hair.

I guess Arsene is Nyarlathotep in some way. He is too talkative to be just a "Persona".

Same to Necronomicon, I don't know if it is Nyar but he must be related. It's not be a coincidence the pattern design on it is a reminiscent to Monado Mandala.

The traitor is Futaba.

I WANT BELIEVE.

Makio

With P5 out in the wild, this is the last chance to make any wild or off-the-wall predictions.

Futaba is gonna be the best waifu

yeah ... right

Morgana
human form

Yusuke
is gay

Anne or Haru are the traitor

Setsu00

"Predictions" (Includes spoilers for P3, P3P and P4Arena):

- Regarding Anne and Morgana:
Morgana is obsessed with Anne because Anne is actually Morgana. They switched bodies inside Kamoshida's Palace and the Anne that can be seen with Kamoshida in one screenshot and during the Asmodeus bossfight is the actual Anne.

- Regarding Yusuke and Ryuji:
Yusuke is related to the fly guy that can be seen in the fourth PV. He's actually Madarame, and the old guy is really Ryuji's Shadow representing his fear of getting older and growing a flower from his head as he played too much Drakengard 3.

- Regarding Makoto and Sae:
Makoto is the reincarnation of Persona 3's protagonist, which is why she has the same name as his movie incarnation. Sae is also actually Elizabeth in disguise trying to figure out a way to remind Makoto of her previous life. It also explains why she looks similiar to the female P3 protagonist: Their souls fused in the collective unconscious, tying both P3 routes together.

- Regarding Haru:
The guy Haru can been with sometimes is the heir to the Wild Duck burger chain from P3.

I am 100% serious. Trust me, look at my tag.

DNAbro

Arsene is a bad dude.

Morgona is as well.

Goro will be the most liked male character.

Makoto will be the most liked female character.

The game is easier than P4G.

The game will still not reference if you are in a relationship with someone in the story no matter how odd it feels.

PK Gaming

cGttBbv.gif

P3's story would imo have been fantastic if they tightened up the pacing and went a bit less, for lack of a better term, "anime" with the tone. I was expecting something a lot darker when I was first hearing about the game, but ended up with an oddly consistently optimistic apocalypse plot. Even just stuff like Buffy the Vampire Slayer I think showed the struggle of straight up having the fate of the world resting on your shoulders much better, while in P3 everyone was just super determined to kick Nyx's ass and prevent the Fall after they had their Big Character Moment and that was that. They failed to really explore the more human side of being that young and having that massive a burden. Now, I know you should expect a fantasy JRPG and a TV show specifically about the struggles of growing up and adapting to the world to go about this stuff differently, but with how character driven Persona is they could've gone much further than they did in P3. That's not to say P3 didn't lack character development, but it was mostly very self-contained rather than pertaining to the plot at large.

So essentially, P3 has stronger groundwork with its plot and characters than P4 did imo. If P5 takes cues from that but has a tighter plot and a closer group dynamic, I'm a happy camper.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

Even Buffy was hit and miss in that regard, especially in the first season. Xander, Oz and Willow join Buffy on her hilariously dangerous escapades and don't seem to really care all that much. It's not until they start going into their respective main arcs that they start feeling the "weight" of their actions. Death is treated pretty flippantly too, barring a few important cases. Principal eaten alive but students possessed by ghost hyenas? Meh. Students murdered by bad guy of the week? lol. People seem to die every week and it barely matters and it's a serious low point of the show. On the other hand, when the show hit, it hit hard. Buffy's development is godlike, and lot of what you said applies to her (and arguably her alone ). She is straight up unrecognizable from season 1, but in the best way possible.

Honestly, P3 is pretty close to Buffy. Similar structure, similar cast of high school students and misfits brought together by a common goal (Junpei IS basically Xander, but he has the benefit of hitting the ground running unlike Xander who is garbage for about 20% of the show's runtime). I also think P3 had a fair amount of moments where the characters were overcome with despair, even post character development (moreso in the movie), but it's been a while since I played so I can't be too sure.

daevious

Haru
is a lesbian and it's one part of the reason she joins the phantom thieves.

Yusuke
is asexual and is only interested in other people in regards to how they'd look painted.

Ryuji
is best boy.

Morgana
will be the traitor.

Anne
is not a virgin.

Makoto
will have a social link that resolves around her anger management issues.

Futaba
is initially an enemy before joining the gang.

Goro
never joins the party. Sae does so in his place.

Top Bottom