• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2 Comic-Con Trailer

ShadyK54

Hooooly shit.

Didn't realize what the trailer was titled when I clicked on it & ended up marking the fuck out hearing Vincent Price/Thriller. Good god.

These next 3 months can't go buy fast enough.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That's a silly thing to laugh at when we don't know what an alternative might have been

Because it was silly to ask for a brand new cast and story when the creators already had more ideas planned out for a continuation of season 1 and you don't squander a cast that strong, especially one full of good child actors which are a rarity more than not. You build on something, not throw it away because some fans have a hard on for anthology series.

Sheroking

RE: Their use of nostalgia. They get it.

Of course the Stranger Things kids would go as Ghostbusters for Halloween in 1984. Dragon's Lair is a metaphor: make the wrong moves and die. They're evoking the era in a way that's both realistic and plot functional while telling the kind of story that was really only told in that era. It's genius.

wow!, what is release date?

October 27.

Because it was silly to ask for a brand new cast and story when the creators already had more ideas planned out for a continuation of season 1's trailer and you don't squander a cast that strong, especially one full of good child actors which are a rarity more than not. You build on something, not throw it away because some fans have a hard on for anthology series.

You can say just that about most anything that was good once. Not everyone wants or needs the same things. It's cool you got your wish, it's just weird to laugh at those who disagreed, based on just a trailer no less

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You can say just that about most anything that was good once. Not everyone wants or needs the same things. It's cool you got your wish, it's just weird to laugh at those who disagreed, based on just a trailer no less

Its not based on just the trailer. What good reason did we have to throw out what was built in the first season just to try and capture lightning in a bottle again?

phanphare

Banned
I did not realize people thought they weren't going to use the same cast again. didn't the end of season 1 make it pretty clear we weren't done with them yet?

LotusHD

Banned
Its not based on just the trailer. What good reason did we have to throw out what was built in the first season just to try and capture lightning in a bottle again.

This.

I did not realize people thought they weren't going to use the same cast again. didn't the end of season 1 make it pretty clear we weren't done with them yet?

I forgot the discussions that took place, but I think it was more that people wished they wouldn't come back, not that they thought they wouldn't. Not to mention the creators outright said they'd be coming back, so yea.

Alucrid

Banned
EcfsHkbl.png

you know what, just send me to the dark world.

But that has tons of pandering where this apparently doesn't...

/s

It's a matter of execution, really.

That was like a really cool baking soda volcano at your 5th grade science fair.
This is like Hiro from Big Hero 6 bringing a tub full of microbots.

OR

It's like Christmas 1988, and your stepdad got you a new cartridge for your Atari 2600
But your real dad got you an NES.

Top Bottom