• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

Outside of a couple short scenes scattered throughout the episodes I can't find anything to recommend about this show, unless you desperately need to see these characters come together.

It's the Batman v. Superman of superhero shows.

Not even close. It wasn't actively offensive to my senses. Not saying that it was good enough, but it wasn't absolute trash like that. I guess we'll see what happens when Disney builds their own service and exits netflix.

TheSun

Ahem,

Besides dog based concussions I also watched the new ducktales.

I only vaguely remember the original from when I was a wee baby. Also watched the hell out of the movie.

The new show was wonderful. Was hoping to find a new show to watch.

Ahem,

Besides dog based concussions I also watched the new ducktales.

I only vaguely remember the original from when I was a wee baby. Also watched the hell out of the movie.

The new show was wonderful. Was hoping to find a new show to watch.

Some fans are saying Roxanne from The Goofy Movie had a cameo in the premiere.

Johndoey

Banned
I got a million criticisms for Defenders, and yet... I enjoyed it.

Cannot say that at all for BvS. A better comparison would be Iron Fist.

I think they both have a few strong moments in a sea of bleh. I dislike them equally.

Besides BvS ain't terrible.
---
Still hoping for Punisher to be a light adaptation of some of the early Punisher Max stuff. Honestly that first Max arc is pretty much perfect for adaptation. Good action, a couple interesting characters, gets to heart of Frank as a character.

LionPride

Banned
Oh Defenders is not good? Not surprised. On Episode 3 and I don't hate it so far

It just exists

I could be watchin Thrones, or Night Of, or Night Manager, or Mr. Robot

Shy

Misty tho..fuck off, Shy!

*runs*
OG0QJ7K.gif

Misty indeed.

LotusHD

Banned
I think they both have a few strong moments in a sea of bleh. I dislike them equally.

Besides BvS ain't terrible.
---
Still hoping for Punisher to be a light adaptation of some of the early Punisher Max stuff. Honestly that first Max arc is pretty much perfect for adaptation. Good action, a couple interesting characters, gets to heart of Frank as a character.

Nah...

Oh Defenders is not good? Not surprised. On Episode 3 and I don't hate it so far

It just exists

I could be watchin Thrones, or Night Of, or Night Manager, or Mr. Robot

The Night Of did not live up to that first episode at all...

3 episodes in and I'm really enjoying the Defenders. To each his own. *shrug*

Why people be saying stuff like this like there ain't more episodes to watch, your mind could be changed by the time you've finished. That said, ya, it's alright lol

OG0QJ7K.gif

Misty indeed.

They bold lol

D i Z

At least Uncharted: Lost Legacy seems to have turned out alright. Hopefully the back-end isn't as much of a slog as UC4.

They ran those characters off a cliff for me. Chloe and Nadine are frankly the only reasons I would go back to the series. It's rare that I resent pushing through a game, but damn did they make me resent the fuck out of 4.

Johndoey

Banned
They ran those characters off a cliff for me. Chloe and Nadine are frankly the only reasons I would go back to the series. It's rare that I resent pushing through a game, but damn did they make me resent the fuck out of 4.
I really like all the main characters in UC4, but yeah by the time it was winding down I was ready to be done with all of them. Naughty Dog has an issue with wrapping up a story succinctly. So you get these extended really repetitive last acts with these terrible combat encounters designed to eat time. Every Ucharted game could have an hour shaved of the back-end and it wouldn't be missed. Actually UC3 probably had the strongest last leg of the series just because it was shorter.

And I say this loving the characters, so if you don't I imagine it would be torture.
They haven't nailed down a good balance between the narrative and gameplay. TLOU was the closest they've gotten mostly because the setting and pace afforded more opportunity for environmental storytelling.

DMVfan123

Banned
DHjT_ZqUAAA_lPh.jpg

Sweeney Tom posted this in the NFL thread but I thought it was relevant to post here. For all the transgressions from major powers in the NFL, seeing that there are activists like Malcolm Jenkins and the Bennett brothers speaking out against racial injustice warms my heart

LotusHD

Banned
I don't really feel like it needs "saving", just... do better. But after seeing your scores for the shows, you judge them a lot more harshly, so meh.

Beefy

You being in the minority when it comes to the shows is one thing

But as a character fuck the Punisher

So. Damn. Boring.

I aint holding up hope man, just saying how it is for me. They have fucked up so many times I doubt it changes much.

I don't really feel like it needs "saving", just... do better. But after seeing your scores for the shows, you judge them a lot more harshly, so meh.

My main problems are the scripts and acting isn't very good, hell Defenders actually made me think JJ was ok. Cage and IF actors are big mistakes, the fight scenes are really bad as is some of the editing. There is so much they need to fix.

My ratings are always very low, I have never given a ten as nothing is perfect.

Legion
American Gods
Line of Duty
Peaky Blinders
Black Mirror
Narcos
Luther

Are the best shows on TV atm

Top Bottom